Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 63516 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2021, 03:57:25 PM »
During an interview for a movie Mackie did with Jamie Dornan, he said that Dornan looks like Gambit and should play the character. So nice to know he is an actual Gambit fan. 

As to the rumor, it's very unlikely (the source isn't reliable, either). Still, it’s cool to see Gambit coming up in rumors again.

Yeah, Mackie tries to convience all his co-stars to play Remy ;D

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2021, 06:24:47 PM »

Yeah, Mackie tries to convience all his co-stars to play Remy ;D

Well, his picks are better than most fan casting out there.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2021, 06:47:24 PM »
I think people need to accept the fact that Channing Tatum isn't going to play Gambit anymore. I don't see Gambit NOT having a large role in the MCU. As a result, Kevin Feige is probably going to want someone who will be able to play Gambit for years and years to come. Channing Tatum is already 40 and has aged a lot over the years. I just don't see it happening at this point.

Also, I'm not even sure why some people are so hung up on him. He was never even close to being the best choice for Gambit.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 06:51:28 PM by hairlesscat »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2021, 07:28:08 PM »
This the problem with all this "multiverse" crap they're doing now. We have rumors of every character and every actor attached to them to show up somewhere because "multiverse". Obviously, all these things are not going to happen.

This rumor is about Channing Tatum showing up somewhere as a cameo because "multiverse". It's not a rumor of him playing the MCU Gambit going forward. Like I said, there is a rumor for almost every FOX X-character to show up somewhere just because.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2021, 09:57:39 PM »
"Technically, seeing as the actor hasn’t yet played the character, Feige could also realistically hold off for a couple of years and have Tatum as the canonical Gambit whenever mutants are integrated into the mythology instead."

This is the line in the article to which I was referring. I simply do not see this happening. He has aged out of the role and he wasn't even that great for it to begin with.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 11:24:54 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2021, 11:47:21 PM »
Yeah that's not happening. All these rumors are about actors coming in strictly for the multiverse to have cameos so the audience can get excited. I personally think this is a bad idea. What if these cameos hit so well that audiences demand that actor play the character in the MCU going forward. It's a potential nightmare for the studio. They should just be distancing themselves from the FOX characters and thinking about how they can work in their new versions of these characters.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2021, 05:47:40 AM »
The only thing good about Tatum's interest was his enthusiasm. Not only is he too old now but his only real claim to fame is 'Magic Mike'.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2021, 12:16:10 PM »
The only thing good about Tatum's interest was his enthusiasm. Not only is he too old now but his only real claim to fame is 'Magic Mike'.

Agreed. I loved he was a fan of the character, and thus would have trued his hardest. However, he's a potato head who cannot act, doesn't look like Remy, and is too old now, plus, he's no a draw anymore.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »

Agreed. I loved he was a fan of the character, and thus would have trued his hardest. However, he's a potato head who cannot act, doesn't look like Remy, and is too old now, plus, he's no a draw anymore.
Yeah, that was great having an actor speak so positively about the character when the writers and reviewers were all negative.

*laughing* potato head. I remember when that first surfaced, he would have had to slim down for a more angular look.

He's been in some terrible films, GI Joe, Jupiter Ascending, 22 Jump Street - to name a few. IMO too. I'm certain there is folks who liked those films.

I agree - he's not much of a draw anymore.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2021, 01:03:59 PM »

Well damn, bro! LOL!

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2021, 04:24:49 PM »
The main reason he's not as big a draw right now is because he put his whole career on hold to try to get the Gambit movie made.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2021, 05:54:29 PM »
The main reason he's not as big a draw right now is because he put his whole career on hold to try to get the Gambit movie made.

Agree.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2021, 06:36:50 PM »
Tatum had at least 14 movie projects between 2014 - 2019. And has an upcoming one in 2021 that he is directing. Respectfully, I disagree about his 'hold' on his career.

While I don't consider wiki some great source, it has listed everything he's done in that time period. IMDb lists more films for the time period.

The most popular thing he's done since negotiations was be the voice of Superman in the Lego Movies and do yet another Magic Mike film.

(Those years are the ones listed for the Gambit project that got abandoned.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:02:04 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2021, 11:55:56 PM »
Tatum had at least 14 movie projects between 2014 - 2019. And has an upcoming one in 2021 that he is directing. Respectfully, I disagree about his 'hold' on his career.

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement.

When Channing Tatum came on board for the Gambit film he was at the peak of his career and popularity and was poised for leading man roles in major studio films. But the film he was most interested in by far and was a producer for was the Gambit film.  He wanted that to be his big break as a big budget leading man role.

Films like 22 Jumpstreet, Jupiter Ascending, and Magic Mike XXL were obviously already in the bag by the time he was working on Gambit. After that he has like 4 supporting character roles, a bunch of voice acting performances and a few tv appearances. That's it. I mean, sure he kept busy, but he didn't capitalize on his star power at the time because of his investment in the Gambit film. This is just fact. And his directorial debut in 2021 is clearly after Gambit fell apart so that's irrelevant.

It also didn't help that after Gambit fell through, his passion project, he went through a sloppy divorce. Point is his career could be in a very different place right now if he didn't go all in with FOX on the Gambit movie.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2021, 05:26:03 AM »
I followed Gambit movie and Tatum's situation closely when all this happened.
Wantutosigh is right about this.