Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61991 times)

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »
Channing Tatum already HAD his big break as a leading man with movies like 21 Jump Street and Magic Mike. Those movies were huge, wildly successful blockbusters. He was already a bonafide, bankable star by that point. He didn't need the Gambit movie for that.

Sure, Gambit was a passion project for him. But lots of celebrities have failed passion projects and that doesn't stop their career. Movies get caught in limbo all the time. Look at Ryan Reynolds and how he struggled with Deadpool for years. He still got plenty of work and even raised his status in between. I think it is pretty unfair to blame an unmade movie for Channing Tatum's decline. Some people are meant to have long-lasting careers in Hollywood and others aren't. That's just the way it is.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 09:54:48 AM by hairlesscat »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2021, 07:43:34 AM »
It's moot now anyway. He was never hurting for moola, Tatum had movies no matter when released. The ship sailed and with no fault for him. He tried. He had taken on producer role for the film and part. FOX was never a good choice for X-Men.

There is a reason the last movie was pulled one week after opening, I would not want a Gambit film go the way of Phoenix.

Offline bigbarda

• Survivor
Re: Gambit Watch 2021,
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2021, 07:34:34 AM »
I've tried to hate Channing Tatum and I can't. He's a very likeable actor who maybe can't headline a relatively unknown comic book movie like, say... no other actor I can think of? I think Fox's reputation for sub-par movie making would have sunk a solo Gambit movie unless it had excellent word of mouth or was sold by Tatum with the enthusiasm Reynolds sold Deadpool.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2021, 11:28:01 AM »
The only thing good about Tatum's interest was his enthusiasm. Not only is he too old now but his only real claim to fame is 'Magic Mike'.

My thoughts exactly. At this point, I think Tatum would serve better as a producer, rather than playing the part.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2021, 12:19:12 PM »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 12:22:18 PM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2021, 12:37:45 PM »
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ryan-reynolds-reportedly-gambit-deadpool-3/

Noooooooooooooo!

Well...I admit, I’m a little scared. I’m just picturing that Shatterstar moment in DP2 all over again. Tho I laughed pretty hard when it happened, but then I’m pretty sure NO ONE’S favorite character was Shatterstar. ‘Shat’ is in his name.

Okay, trying to stay positive here, DP is in the MCU officially in #3. So really, Gambit could be the first X-Man to make it to the big screen in the MCU universe. No doubt there will be many jokes made at his expense, so we will have to gird our fragile Gambit-loving egos, my friends.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2021, 01:37:30 PM »
I think it is not true or Tatum would have appeared in second DP movie.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 01:59:14 PM by purplevit »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2021, 05:46:41 PM »
Channing has gotten in much better shape....he lost a lot of weight and got in shape during the pandemic.

About to do another movie with Sandra Bullock. That being said....hes to old to play Gambit. Gaperd Ulliel (French actor) all the way

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2021, 07:55:02 PM »
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ryan-reynolds-reportedly-gambit-deadpool-3/

Noooooooooooooo!

Hope it isn't true. Tatum's ship has sailed a long time ago.

About to do another movie with Sandra Bullock. That being said....hes to old to play Gambit. Gaperd Ulliel (French actor) all the way

I honestly can't understand why this guy's name keep coming up. What a terrible, terrible pick for Gambit. Old, French and weird-looking. Gambit should be played by someone young, unknown and good-looking. Disney usually does a good job at casting decisions, so there's hope.   

NicoPony

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2021, 08:19:13 PM »
Everyone looks young to me anymore. I felt like a real perv watching Friday Night Lights until I looked up Taylor Kitsch and saw he was only 2 years younger than me. Please don’t let them pick someone too young. I don’t want to come across as a pedo. Seriously, with the right accent, every dude is 200% more sexy. 300% if he’s funny too.

I honestly can't understand why this guy's name keep coming up. What a terrible, terrible pick for Gambit. Old, French and weird-looking. Gambit should be played by someone young, unknown and good-looking. Disney usually does a good job at casting decisions, so there's hope.   

Offline Varia

• Journeyman
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2021, 09:08:34 PM »
Okay, trying to stay positive here, DP is in the MCU officially in #3. So really, Gambit could be the first X-Man to make it to the big screen in the MCU universe. No doubt there will be many jokes made at his expense, so we will have to gird our fragile Gambit-loving egos, my friends.

At least in a film like DP it's less likely he'll be the only character with jokes made at his expense?

I dunno. I'm just trying to stay positive, too.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »

RE: Gaperd Ulliel

Never heard of him but after looking him up, I agree. Hollywood is always casting people too old for parts, 20 somethings as teens, etc. Look at the film Grease, all of those actors were suppose to be teenagers, senior year highschool. Pfft. Fun film but none of them looked like teenagers.

Yes, younger good looking actor, unknown keeps the mystery and less likely to have a negative bias.

Re: Deadpool – never watched the films. Not only am I not interested in the character, I would prefer Gambit not be in a Deadpool film but that is just me.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2021, 12:31:28 PM »
Him wanting the character in the movie (allegedly) and him actually being in the movie are two different things. I don't think it would make much sense introducing Gambit as a side character in a movie about Deadpool. One thing about Disney is that they recognize and exploit potential when they see it. I'm sure they realize that Gambit could be another Deadpool (in terms of popularity and success) if they play their cards right. I think they'd find a smarter way to introduce him. But we'll see. Aren't these the same people who reported that other stuff about Tatum?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:41:33 PM by hairlesscat »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2021, 01:22:16 PM »
Him wanting the character in the movie (allegedly) and him actually being in the movie are two different things. I don't think it would make much sense introducing Gambit as a side character in a movie about Deadpool. One thing about Disney is that they recognize and exploit potential when they see it. I'm sure they realize that Gambit could be another Deadpool (in terms of popularity and success) if they play their cards right. I think they'd find a smarter way to introduce him. But we'll see. Aren't these the same people who reported that other stuff about Tatum?
Agreed. Apples and Oranges at this point.

I don't think the source is credible anyway. One source and nobody else is rehashing it? yeah, okay, filler article for click bait, I think.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2021, 01:22:32 PM »
Hmm... Put it this way... If Gambit ends up in the Deadpool movie there's no chance Feige will allow the writers/producers to damage the brand. It's why only the fringiest of fringe characters were heavily featured in those movies as gags. All the other characters were treated with respect or just made passing cameos.

Fringe characters: Bedlam, Shatterstar, Ajax, Negasonic, Vanisher, Rusty, Blk Tom, Copycat, Painkiller etc.

Mains (protected): Cable, Domino, Juggernaut, Colossus, whole XMA cast.

Gambit would fit into the later list. Used but held in high regard. Juggs got the hardest rub out of them, but he was also a villain - so, yeah.

If Disney plans on making money off of the Gambit brand - they'll protect it. Full stop. On the plus side, if Deadpool 2 is any indication, the 3rd will have a great budget. So any use of Gambit that is indeed protected, will undoubtedly look really good on screen.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:29:26 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony