Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61843 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2021, 11:12:15 AM »
I don't want 12 issues. Go back to the days of minis with only four issues. Better content, no fluff or filler crap.

A couple of well written minis would be better than 12 issues which would contain a filler between arcs.

I'm not buying these books.

Gambit should have stayed in limbo after PAD's poor portrayal.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2021, 10:20:46 AM »
A few Gambit fans elsewhere are hoping for Duggan to write him in Marauders or a guest appearance in 'X-Men'.
lol that guy ain't writing him...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2021, 10:40:35 AM »
It is normal.People are just get desperate and frustraited over the years of bad writing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:49:27 AM by purplevit »

NicoPony

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2021, 11:00:02 AM »
Basically the whole of Krakoa voted for Rogue to break up with Gambit. There had to be a Survivor aspect to the island, right?

Marvel didn’t have the balls to put Gambit on the roster for fan votes, they knew he’d win.

Maybe it’ll be the moment Gambit realizes Rogue doesn’t actually love him, and he’ll slink off all butt-hurt and Rogue can continue to be the Good Guy and Gambit will just never be Good Enough.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2021, 11:55:49 AM »
Basically the whole of Krakoa voted for Rogue to break up with Gambit. There had to be a Survivor aspect to the island, right?

Did this happen? I'm not reading this garbage. Are they going to break them up?

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2021, 12:04:38 PM »

They won't be on the same team. Nothing official about their marriage ending, speculation for the moment.

NicoPony

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2021, 12:09:52 PM »

Naw, I’m saying that the new X-team was assembled by island vote. Rogue got a nod, G-man did not. Obviously, he’s very unpopular, a terrible fighter, and lacks any kind of charisma. He’s getting his torch put out and voted off the island.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2021, 01:24:43 PM »

Maybe it’ll be the moment Gambit realizes Rogue doesn’t actually love him, and he’ll slink off all butt-hurt and Rogue can continue to be the Good Guy and Gambit will just never be Good Enough.

lol, Christos Gage's run.
Literally no difference.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2021, 04:04:42 PM »
Well I'm in agreement with those who say being in limbo is better then some writer who doesn't like him or know him assassinating his character. I also hold out hope for Gambit showing up in the mcu or an animated series for future content. Unless they give Gambit a solo mini or something in the comics.

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2021, 04:20:58 PM »
Limbo would be much better than being written by Tini and Duggan (the assh*le).
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2021, 01:00:18 AM »
Limbo would be much better than being written by Tini and Duggan (the assh*le).

Never trust the Duggan.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2021, 09:04:03 AM »

Never trust the Duggan.

Maybe Duggan’ll reveal that what we’ve seen isn’t Gambit after all! Gambit has been a pod-person the whole time he’s been on Krakoa! That’s why his dialogue is so stilted, why he has the personality of Velveeta Cheese. He’s a life model decoy created from the scum of a Krakoan swamp!

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2021, 11:10:08 AM »
Funny, we've waited years for Gambit to finally get a pop. Now in the last 12 months he's had about 5 or 6. I think he's getting a black light pop as well.
He's popular and prominent enough in the merchandise world. Hopefully the MCU and maybe even a new animated series will help things.
I've given up on the comics, it's just never gonna happen...and no one one buys comics anymore, so he's better off getting a push in other media.
Wasn’t there someone here who emailed Funko asking if they were going to make gambit or night crawler pops? They responded back that they didn’t have the license for those? So I guess once marvel let them make those pops, they made those pops.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »

They won't be on the same team. Nothing official about their marriage ending, speculation for the moment.

More likely he just has Rogue cheat on Gambit and then Gambit will be written like a chump who just accepts it ala the whole Make Carey storyline where Gambit pushed Rogue onto Mags so she could bang him and get it out of her system. More than likely it would be written as Gambit's fault Rogue cheated.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2021, 06:58:04 PM »
Always thought a good book would be Gambit and the Marauders where Gambit connected with and eventually led the clones of the original group of Marauders plus the original Sabretooth. You could then do flashbacks of that era and actually flesh out the Marauders more and have them come to terms with what they did.Story begins with Marrow asking Gambit to help her find all of Sinister's clone shops to destroy the Marauders once and for all and to help her. Instead Marrow and Gambit end up using the Marauders to help them try and kill Sinister and stop Sinister or any of the Marauders from being able to be created by Krakoa (haven't been following the books so don't know how that works). So Gambit and Marrow end up leading the Marauders in a conflict to take down Sinister.

admin edit for formatting. Content not changed.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:49:25 PM by Nekobaghira »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"