Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61837 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #420 on: August 25, 2021, 03:41:50 AM »
Gambit has not ties to Shang-Chi so I am not surprised.

I need to admit that I don`t expect Gambit to be even in the first line-up of X-Men. We, Gambit fans, are just always get a wrong end of the stick. Nothing so far gives me any hope that this time it will be different.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2021, 03:56:13 AM »
When X-Men Legends got announced we were told that writers will be Chris Claremont, Louise Simonson, Fabian Nicieza, Larry Hama, Peter David, and more.[/size]Legends 1-2 - Nicieza and Adam XLegends 3-4 Simonson and Original X-FactorLegends 5-6 Peter David and his X-FactorLegends 7-9 Larry Hama with Wolverine soloIf Hama`s arc ends with #9 than I suppose that #10 - 12 will be Claremont arc for Gambit. Maybe even with John Romita on art.[/color]

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #422 on: August 27, 2021, 05:34:02 AM »
Just ideas if Claremont is really writing a 3 part Gambit story for Legends.
[/size][/color]
[/size]So what if it was a story in the past revealing that Gambit was really working for Sinister with a mission to destroy X-Men from within and would betray and fight Sinister and refuse to work with him at the end?[/color][/size]I would make it with time jumps and adding some canon existing moments that changed his motives. So the final battle would be after X-Men #45 with emotional impact on Gambit from a story with Rogue and Sinister cameo that soon Gambit must betray the X-Men.It can be done as a solo Gambit story without X-Men even finding out at the end about his bad motives before he chooses a side of good. Or maybe only Storm would know and keep it as his secret because he chose the right choice at the end.I would love that:)[/color]

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2021, 03:34:39 PM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2021, 05:12:51 AM »
Just a good old moment.

NicoPony

« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2021, 09:06:26 AM »
Just ideas if Claremont is really writing a 3 part Gambit story for Legends.
So what if it was a story in the past revealing that Gambit was really working for Sinister with a mission to destroy X-Men from within and would betray and fight Sinister and refuse to work with him at the end? [/color][/size]I would make it with time jumps and adding some canon existing moments that changed his motives. So the final battle would be after X-Men #45 with emotional impact on Gambit from a story with Rogue and Sinister cameo that soon Gambit must betray the X-Men.It can be done as a solo Gambit story without X-Men even finding out at the end about his bad motives before he chooses a side of good. Or maybe only Storm would know and keep it as his secret because he chose the right choice at the end.I would love that:)[/color]

Pretty desperate for Gambit content. This is giving me hope. Vignettes of Gambit’s random acts of heroism and compassion eventually culminating in him realizing he’s not such a bad guy after all. Like in XTAS, Xavier saying:[/color][/size] how often must a scoundrel prove himself a hero, before he believes it himself. (Dang, who made these kids shows anyway?)[/color][/size][/color][/size]Maybe not Storm knowing, but have Xavier know, and because he’s pretty shady himself, keeping Gambit’s secret.[/color][/size]Here’s hoping we hear something, anything…[/color]
[/size]
[/size]https://screenrant.com/gambit-contest-champions-marvel-strongest-heroes-phoenix/amp/

I'm always glad when these types of pieces go out.
[size=78%]

I don’t know what to make of this. “Marvel admitted he’s an A-List hero”? When? Like 20 years ago? This article makes it sound like they were forced to confess after a water-boarding session. ‘Admit it! Gambit is great! Or else you get the hose again!’

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2021, 12:07:41 PM »
I don’t know what to make of this. “Marvel admitted he’s an A-List hero”? When? Like 20 years ago? This article makes it sound like they were forced to confess after a water-boarding session. ‘Admit it! Gambit is great! Or else you get the hose again!’

The headline is confusing as hell but the article is mainly talking about how Gambit is pretty much top tier when it comes to power and abilities and can take out the best and is giving examples. I just like when these types of articled pop up because too many people out there think Gambit is not formidable. There's been a lot of these articles over the last while proving that incorrect and I like the idea of people getting a chance to read these things who maybe bought into the idea that Gambit isn't powerful or isn't a good fighter or what have you.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2021, 05:11:42 PM »
Just watched Reynolds new movie Free Guy. I liked it.
Tatum has kinda big cameo in it that was the most hilarious part of movie.

Interesting that Free Guy director is rumored to direct Deadpool 3.

In an interview with Inverse, Shawn Levy does his best to avoid commenting on the rumors that he could team up with Reynolds again for Deadpool 3. “I'm going to mostly skirt that question,” Levy says, “which might be an answer."

So, no high hopes but I would love Tatum as Gambit in Deadpool 3, even as Variant Gambit.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2021, 06:12:34 PM »
I do not like the idea of Gambit in a Deadpool movie at all. Especially not for his first appearance. It's probably the last way I'd want it done.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
I think that visual right and great action is very important for Gambit's first MCU appearence and Deadpool movies can do justice with that.

If Gambit appear in D+ first then I fear his action won't be as  good.
I loved Loki, WandaVision was great and FATWS was mostly fine but noone of the D+ shows provided quality fighting scenes so far.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2021, 06:31:16 PM »
I'm more concerned with Gambit's characterization done properly in his introduction. Got to start him right. Characters are basically parodied in Deadpool movies. Ruined basically and damn I didn't wait this long for a live action version of Gambit to be ruined right out of the gate. We already got that once in XMOW. In Deadpool it could be even worse.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2021, 05:01:00 AM »
Reynolds and Tatum are friends. If Gambit to appear in D3 than he to be used as Domino or Cable in D2 and not as Shatterstar.

I think it would be cool but probably won't happen.

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2021, 04:03:02 PM »
It was written by Claremont, and he's always treated Gambit rather decently. This was the 1st time Claremont had written Gambit since his early 90's departure. Plus it was released at a time when Marvel editorial respected Gambit (Quesada wouldn't take over as EIC for another couple years).

I remember when this series came out. It was during the 1st year of the Nicieza/Skroce monthly series. The artist even draws Gambit's outfit with Skroce's flairs, such as the added lines going downwards thru the stripes on Gambit's legs, and Gambit's chestplate only having horizontal lines instead of the usual crisscrossing pattern that's usually seen.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OtzDRRi7mFg/VyQSvzO-5bI/AAAAAAAAF54/3Ucs8U7XwKg9k8Jxo1o6gts1ktEHnWvmACCo/s1600/RCO021.jpg

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2021, 04:53:03 PM »
I do not like the idea of Gambit in a Deadpool movie at all. Especially not for his first appearance. It's probably the last way I'd want it done.

Could not agree more.  I want Gambit to be part of the careful planning they are obviously putting into the X-Men reboot.  I don't want him sidelined into a goofy Deadpool movie and introduced way before all the other X-Men.  Plus, I am so done with the old Fox and Sony franchises.  I want a completely clean slate for these characters. I am already bummed about the upcoming Spider-Man and Doctor Strange sequels.  I loved the first two Holland Spidey movies and was really looking forward to the third until I started seeing all the rumors of the about Sony characters appearing.  The recent trailer completely removed all my excitement for it, and I have never not looked forward to a MCU movie.  And now the rumors are starting about the next Doctor Strange movie... sigh.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #434 on: August 29, 2021, 04:56:30 PM »
Found at CBR. From some deleted twitter post.

Claremont's Gambit project appears to have a #4.[/size]Seems to say "Open on riverboat ..."?[/color]