Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61867 times)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2021, 07:57:13 AM »
Tatum was already too old to play Gambit seven years ago.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #481 on: September 21, 2021, 08:31:13 AM »
Yeah, that's we call a fluff piece.

Tatum would be a great producer for the film at this point. Playing Gambit even a couple of years ago was a stretch due to his age and how I'd assume Fox would have used the franchise. The movie was already set in the past, so barring time travel - he was basically stuck in the 1980s with an actor rapidly approaching 40. That's even worse now. Gambit's not Wolverine or Cyclops - he shouldn't an elder member, at least not at the beginning.

I would think they'd shoot for a younger actor not unlike what they are currently doing across the MCU as they're replacing older actors and introducing new characters. Gambit starting out in his late 30s would change the character's function. We need to start him out younger than this - otherwise, he'll either be nothing like we know him or he'll have to heavily lean into the "cad" trope.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #482 on: September 21, 2021, 01:08:47 PM »
I tend to agree. Obviously Tatum could have always "played younger" but at this point I don't think it's possible. My only plus for him at this point is that I am extremely worried they are going to screw Gambit up. I have no faith in pretty much any of their projects right now. At least with Tatum he wouldn't let them screw him up royally. That's really my only plus for him. But yeah ideally Gambit should be played by a younger actor that can remain "young" for years to come. I just have no idea what they're going to do and my positivity for the mcu keeps waning.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #483 on: September 21, 2021, 01:13:35 PM »
I would love Tatum as Gambit.

We had teen, old and female Loki this year. We can have different Gambits too.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #484 on: September 21, 2021, 03:31:32 PM »
I would love Tatum as Gambit.

We had teen, old and female Loki this year. We can have different Gambits too.

We haven't seen a single mutant yet - and you're looking forward to time-variants?  ;D
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #485 on: September 21, 2021, 03:34:42 PM »

We haven't seen a single mutant yet - and you're looking forward to time-variants?  ;D

Yep:) And a lot of them in Deadpool 3.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #486 on: September 21, 2021, 10:43:28 PM »

Yep:) And a lot of them in Deadpool 3.

Oh, yeah we're going to get a time variant gag in this Deadpool movie.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #487 on: September 22, 2021, 02:40:25 AM »
Not talking about gag. FOX Xavier is rumored for Strange 2. He will be a variant for shure. Deadpool and maybe Cable with Domino probably all will be back as variants too in DP3.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 07:06:54 AM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #488 on: September 22, 2021, 03:13:30 PM »
I think that if Tatum Channing stays connected to a Gambit project as a producer that we'd be alright. He would look out for the character and still be apart of a project that is dear to him.

He's 41 now, thinking a bit too old for the part, would be best with a younger actor imo.
Still, his enthusiasm for Gambit is infectious.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #489 on: September 23, 2021, 12:34:18 PM »
Not talking about gag. FOX Xavier is rumored for Strange 2. He will be a variant for shure. Deadpool and maybe Cable with Domino probably all will be back as variants too in DP3.

Well, all of those make sense. They already exist as part of the Fox movies as main characters. I could understand that. However, Tatum never played the part. IF they do pop up in Doctor Strange 2, I can almost guarantee it'll be fast, more like cameos. Using the known characters allows for quick inserts without exposition or inorganic name drops and explanations. Inserting Tatum as a variant Gambit would require too much explaining, in my opinion. Taylor Kitsch might make more sense - but his Gambit was a secondary character in a less than well-received spin-off movie. I seriously doubt we'll be seeing either actor as a time-variant in Dr. Strange.

Personally, I hope any inclusion from Fox's X-Men is limited. I'd really want to see a fresh start for the franchise - not a continuation of the mess that Dark Phoenix left behind.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:35:56 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #490 on: September 23, 2021, 03:34:02 PM »
Personally, I hope any inclusion from Fox's X-Men is limited. I'd really want to see a fresh start for the franchise - not a continuation of the mess that Dark Phoenix left behind.
Agreed. That movie was pulled in ONE week, it was so bad and that was before COVID. 

I won't watch that film, I'm so done with the FOX version of X-Men. 

There needs to be imagines as it were for the characters.

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #491 on: October 04, 2021, 01:17:24 PM »
Saw a Catwoman comment before, got me thinking it's too bad Marvel & DC don't do crossovers anymore. With Gambit & Rogue married and Batman & Catwoman married, would a been a good opportunity for a new 4-issue mini-series. Some entity needs the best thieves for a heist and recruits Gambit & Catwoman, while Batman & Rogue team-up and go after them. The banter and flirting between Selina & Remy would have been priceless.

NicoPony

« Reply #492 on: October 04, 2021, 06:17:04 PM »
Saw a Catwoman comment before, got me thinking it's too bad Marvel & DC don't do crossovers anymore. With Gambit & Rogue married and Batman & Catwoman married, would a been a good opportunity for a new 4-issue mini-series. Some entity needs the best thieves for a heist and recruits Gambit & Catwoman, while Batman & Rogue team-up and go after them. The banter and flirting between Selina & Remy would have been priceless.

I at least would like to see them as two separate couples going into a trendy NYC restaurant, some double-booking reservation confusion, and then they get offered one of those community tables to which they begrudgingly agree at Selina and Remy’s insistence. Next thing: everyone’s eating family style and Rogue and Bruce are quietly dying inside.

Offline Varia

• Journeyman
« Reply #493 on: October 04, 2021, 11:32:57 PM »
The Batmobile might make for interesting conversation  ;D .
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 11:35:26 PM by Varia »

NicoPony

« Reply #494 on: October 05, 2021, 07:38:27 AM »
The Batmobile might make for interesting conversation  ;D .

OH YEAH! Didn't Gambit steal it??? The plot thickens.