Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61876 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #495 on: October 05, 2021, 10:05:07 AM »

Played a little bit with Gambit 2012 covers.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1445388424345686022
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 11:36:48 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #496 on: October 05, 2021, 11:37:09 AM »

You're a gentleman, and a scholar
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #497 on: October 05, 2021, 11:55:06 AM »

Very nice, looks great. Awesome job!

OH YEAH! Didn't Gambit steal it??? The plot thickens.

He did steal with Wolverine and I think Batman watched them take it too or it might have been Nightwing, I can't remember.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #498 on: October 06, 2021, 04:41:28 AM »

You're a gentleman, and a scholar

I am a nerd ;D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #499 on: October 06, 2021, 04:41:58 AM »
Very nice, looks great. Awesome job!

Happy that you liked ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #500 on: October 06, 2021, 08:57:52 AM »
I just afraid that after relaunch Howard will hold Gambit again so she can torture us more. I am sure that she hates him for some reason and is trolling Gambit fans on purpose.

Page from garbage excalibur 24

NicoPony

« Reply #501 on: October 06, 2021, 11:00:52 AM »
Purp your animated covers brought me joy and it was so sweet of Mr Asmus to reply. Class act!

Onto Exc24… here was the pitch:

XWriter1: let’s give Gambit a bad guy!
XWriter2: how should we do that?
X1: how do you get Gambit on your bad side?
X2: uhm, threaten Rogue!
XWriter3: she’s in another book, you can’t use her.
X2: and we’re making all the X-men bisexual because “representation.”
X3: NOT bc you want to see Rogue kiss girls, right?
X1&X2: right right!
X3: how about you show the bad guy abusing individuals, those who can’t defend themselves? The impoverished, children? Someone who robs others of their agency?
X1: wouldn’t that make Gambit look, like, noble or something?
X2: can’t have that. I know! Let’s call him names and emasculate him!
X1: genius! I have never identified with Gambit until this moment!
XWriter3: I mean, just proving yourself to be a rich ashhole who abuses power is really enough to trigger Gambit, you don’t have to—
X1: let’s put him in a maid costume!
X2: haha awesome! What else do we know about Gambit?
X1: cats. Three cats.
X2: let’s give the bad guy DOGS! Three dogs!
X1: omg we’re gonna win a Pulitzer!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #502 on: October 06, 2021, 01:17:39 PM »
Purp your animated covers brought me joy and it was so sweet of Mr Asmus to reply. Class act!
Thank you! Happy to hear that you liked :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #503 on: October 07, 2021, 10:41:25 AM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #504 on: October 08, 2021, 05:35:13 AM »
Anson Mount who played Black Bolt:

"If you give me my choice of Marvel characters, I think Black Bolt would have been number two, second only to Gambit. Gambit is just one of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe and obviously I'm partial to him because he's the Southern superhero. He's definitely not one of the more powerful characters if you line them all up facing each other [laughs].

But his wit and his ability to overcome such a dark past and then the far future reaches that Marvel has done with him in terms of the scope of his possible futures, it's just amazing. I think it's a really rich territory and even if it's not with me, I hope Marvel does something with Gambit. Now, I'm probably too old so, you know, there's some people out there that have been calling about Reed Richards, but I don't know. My dance card's a little full right now and so is theirs."

edit to fix formatting.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 12:18:51 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #505 on: October 11, 2021, 02:38:08 PM »
Anson Mount who played Black Bolt:

"If you give me my choice of Marvel characters, I think Black Bolt would have been number two, second only to Gambit. Gambit is just one of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe and obviously I'm partial to him because he's the Southern superhero. He's definitely not one of the more powerful characters if you line them all up facing each other [laughs].

But his wit and his ability to overcome such a dark past and then the far future reaches that Marvel has done with him in terms of the scope of his possible futures, it's just amazing. I think it's a really rich territory and even if it's not with me, I hope Marvel does something with Gambit. Now, I'm probably too old so, you know, there's some people out there that have been calling about Reed Richards, but I don't know. My dance card's a little full right now and so is theirs."

edit to fix formatting.

Holy @#@$, he's a nerd like us. That was a surface take on a character most people wouldn't be able to make in passing. He speaks like one of us...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2021, 07:06:51 AM »

Holy @#@$, he's a nerd like us. That was a surface take on a character most people wouldn't be able to make in passing. He speaks like one of us...

He definitely is :gambit:

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2021, 07:57:31 AM »
I just afraid that after relaunch Howard will hold Gambit again so she can torture us more. I am sure that she hates him for some reason and is trolling Gambit fans on purpose.

Page from garbage excalibur 24

Is it just me, or has Tini been having a lot of characters refer to Gambit as "stupid" during her run?

NicoPony

« Reply #508 on: October 12, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »

Is it just me, or has Tini been having a lot of characters refer to Gambit as "stupid" during her run?

Howard no write english good. She need thesaurus for more of describing-words.

Gambit's actions so far have been stupid. So, they ain't wrong. He got his pocket picked of Pop-Tarts by an old lady. He might actually be getting stupider the more time he spends in Fairy Land.

Jubilee too.
  • Describing your baby as your best friend. No. Red flag.
  • Leaving your kid in Fairy Land because it makes him happy? If I let my kid do what made her happy, she'd eat Nerds Ropes for breakfast, wear her Frozen tee-shirt for the foreseeable future, and never go to school. You don't raise kids to make them happy. You raise kids to make them adults.
  • Leaving babies in the care of fairies is like, the VERY LAST THING you do. Read a f-ing book, Jubes.

NicoPony

« Reply #509 on: October 15, 2021, 07:57:39 AM »
Howard is working on Catwoman now. Y’know, cause she does such a good job writing thief capers and about married het couples.