Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2021  (Read 61869 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2021
« Reply #510 on: October 15, 2021, 07:48:12 PM »
Howard is working on Catwoman now. Y’know, cause she does such a good job writing thief capers and about married het couples.

Bats is doomed and Catwoman ... I don't even know.

Plus - does that mean she's not at Marvel?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2021, 08:31:53 AM »
Still no word on CCs Gambit project.

I think I've stated several times that I want this to be a present-day take - if for no other reason than get him away from all the current writers. But also to FINALLY explore his current role as Head of ITG/IAG.

But what do you guys want? Past, present? Random adventures? Established lore deep-dive?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2021, 10:33:30 AM »
I want a modern day Gambit solo but I doubt that Claremont would be a good writer for modern Gambit. Claremont don`t read and mostly don`t respect other writers work. He probably won`t use Guilds, don`t even know about International Guild. He probably never even read Asmus book All-New X-Factor or anything new like MMX or R&G.

I think I would like the most Gambit Origins mini or maxi by Claremont that tells that Gambit Really was working for Sinister in 616 to destroy X-Men from within. But then by using old flashbacks (like Sinister and Gambit at the end of X-Men 45) and new stories we would see how Remy changed and his loyalties changed. That he really wanted to be a better man and find his redemption.
So instead of making a trap for X-Men he would do a trap for Sinister. At the end of the day X-Men would not even know that Remy were supposed to betray them but saved at the end. Gambit is always the unsung hero because he doesn`t need recognition or respect for his good actions. I would make only Storm to know his secret and keep it as secret so their friendship would be even stronger.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 10:48:07 AM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #513 on: October 28, 2021, 10:50:40 AM »
Claremont is writing X-Men Legends 12 with OLD Excalibur for February so Claremont`s Gambit probably won`t even start till march 2022.
With all that printer and paper problems it can easily be even delayed for April or May.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 11:15:38 AM by purplevit »

NicoPony

« Reply #514 on: October 28, 2021, 11:16:06 AM »
Still no word on CCs Gambit project.

I think I've stated several times that I want this to be a present-day take - if for no other reason than get him away from all the current writers. But also to FINALLY explore his current role as Head of ITG/IAG.

But what do you guys want? Past, present? Random adventures? Established lore deep-dive?

I'd like to see this too, but I don't know if CC is the one to write it, for reasons Purp has stated. Given the writer and current state of the world, random adventures would be more accessible, give people a good feel for the character, not have to be burdened with Krakoan politics or continuity, give Gambit freedom to venture out and FAR FAR away from Excalibur. I thought the little mini-adventure with Deadpool set the bar for what I would like to see from CC. Gambit doing things appropriate for his character (undercover gigolo at a swanky pool party? this makes so much sense!). Touch of humor. Explosions. Sexy art.

Head of Guild stuff...I'd like a fresh take from a up-and-coming writer for this. Don't know if I care too much about political aspects of the job, but he could go around as an enforcer, taking out the bad actors in the Guild. He just needs a foil to join him. And a cat-sitter.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #515 on: October 28, 2021, 11:49:06 AM »

Head of Guild stuff...I'd like a fresh take from a up-and-coming writer for this. Don't know if I care too much about political aspects of the job, but he could go around as an enforcer, taking out the bad actors in the Guild. He just needs a foil to join him. And a cat-sitter.

I think it'd be in everyone's best interest to stay away from everything related to the cats. Instead of it being a small piece of continuity for the character - current-day writers are literally using them to slight Gambit and as an excuse as to why he's not in any action. Cats aren't helpless children. You leave them alone in an apocalypse and they'd outlive every single one of us. They should be allowed to roam free on Krakoa without fear of being preyed upon - but that place is so inconsistent and weird, I could see them suddenly disappearing too.

My vision for him being involved with guilds would completely remove him from Krakoa. Obviously, seeing as they haven't come up on the Krakoan radar, despite their underworld/black market roots, there's enough going on that it wouldn't need to be tied together. I wouldn't want Gambit stuck behind a desk or sitting on a throne any more than I want to see him running around in fairy-land. There's no way it's being run the way he'd like it to be - in terms of jobs and those who are overseeing it. I think we'd get volumes of Gambit just going around and "taking care of" trouble within his ranks while trying to avoid being literally stabbed in the back. And because it's an international affair - he'd be globetrotting, most likely with a small inner circle. Very Jason Bourne/James Bond/ Burn Notice style of action and intrigue. This obviously doesn't seem like CCs style though. He's much more standard superhero stuff.

I'd take a fresh take on it as well. Fabian could have swung it. Cates was another top choice - but I'd also welcome Asmus back with open arms.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #516 on: October 28, 2021, 03:44:14 PM »

NicoPony

« Reply #517 on: October 28, 2021, 05:54:22 PM »
When you pick it up, can you please take a sharpie marker and draw him some dang irises? Driving me crazy.

Someone told me: ‘boy, the writing [on Excalibur] must be bad if you’ve turned on the cats.” It is, it really is.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #518 on: October 29, 2021, 01:00:55 AM »
When you pick it up, can you please take a sharpie marker and draw him some dang irises? Driving me crazy.

Someone told me: ‘boy, the writing [on Excalibur] must be bad if you’ve turned on the cats.” It is, it really is.

What you want is pupils drawn in. I agree. Kudos to those of you still reading some of this trash. You are definitely hardcore fans.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #519 on: November 01, 2021, 10:07:38 AM »

New Claremont interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjyXfJUDgg

31:00 I am doing a project now with someone I didn`t know before (artist). We started working together and this guy is absolutely spectacular. And hopefully at some point next year you will see the results. But I am having the best time ever. And he just came up with some designs for adversaries, sadly for the final issue, that are absolutely ... I am having a great time. I am writing the script as we speak. It is such a delightful synergy.

37:10 Not sure if Claremont is speaking about the same project. Probably a different one.
Black Lives matter inspired him a concept mutant lives matter. Looking at the whole iteration of Krakoa, I mean how would the non-mutant half of the world react to all of this. I pitched an idea to do and arc or series set in Valle Soleada, California o the mutants who didn`t want to go to Krakoa: a) because I am American, I live here and what is more important my wife is not a mutant, my kids aren`t all mutants. How can I walk away from that?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 12:05:22 PM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #520 on: November 01, 2021, 03:25:40 PM »
I wonder who the artist is .... if he's jazzed, must be good or great work-mates or something. :)

NicoPony

« Reply #521 on: November 01, 2021, 04:20:56 PM »
It does sound like he is at least interested in playing in the current continuity. Not Krakoa, but Krakoa adjacent.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #522 on: November 02, 2021, 06:03:00 PM »
It does sound like he is at least interested in playing in the current continuity. Not Krakoa, but Krakoa adjacent.

I support this notion.

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #523 on: November 19, 2021, 10:16:05 AM »
Someone told me there i goign to be
a new series in ? 2022? that starts where
the 90s series left off.

I hope GAmbit is in it & storm.

has anyone seen any previews ?  :gambit:

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #524 on: November 21, 2021, 10:53:26 AM »
Hey Purp, andrei and anyone else who visits here that is an artist. There is an author on Twitter Stephanie Cooke - looking for an artist. She wants a portfolio sent with sequential art. You know, storyboard type stuff.
It appears to be a children's book, so no smut.

I know this isn't the right thread but didn't want to make one either as by the time this is seen, she may have already hired someone.
https://twitter.com/hellocookie

And now back to this thread. I'll start a 2022 late in December of 2021.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:00:45 PM by Nekobaghira »