Author Topic: Please vote for Gambit  (Read 6104 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Please vote for Gambit
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 08:49:43 PM »
Being a fan of MMX doesn't mean I want pt2! But I'd take it over this Tini nonsense.

My wish is a Gambit solo focused on him and his expanded lore and rogues gallery. It can easily be blended into what the X-Men books are doing especially along the lines of Marauders and even X-Force.

I for one don't believe just because he's married to Rogue that they have to be written together 24/7. Being an adventurer is a job. Most married couples don't in fact work together lol.

The fact that these writers can't fathom the idea of them not being in each other's orbit screams to me that they have a fair tale impression of what marriage is. Getting married doesn't mean you and your partner are glued to each other.

And goodness sake, can they pull back with all the cat puns?

Also, let's get this right... I #&#$&#& hated X-Men Red.  >:(
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 09:47:26 PM »

I'm sure he'll fall down a hole again or something.

Maybe Rogue’s role will be with her being a glass paperweight again. Honestly,
 best use of her character yet.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 11:13:38 PM »
I think it's all predicated on this MCU/Disney+ thing that's been heavily rumored by Disney putting out all those Gambit-related trademarks.
There are trademarks? What trademarks?!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 07:29:20 AM »
Trademark, copyright or patent may be in accurate. "Reserve" is probably better. I'm sure all the names are already owned by Marvel.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 08:19:07 AM »
Trademark, copyright or patent may be in accurate. "Reserve" is probably better. I'm sure all the names are already owned by Marvel.

Gambit is Registered Trademark, a "typed drawing." According to the Patent and Trademark office, he's still owned by Marvel. But I suppose they could be a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney...? Don't know why it wouldn't be refiled under the parent company.

Copyright is for written works. Patents are for inventions and processes.

Maybe Tini didn't have anything to say about Gambit because he's off having his own adventures where he gets moved to another book entirely. Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life....!

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 09:42:32 AM »

Maybe Tini didn't have anything to say about Gambit because he's off having his own adventures where he gets moved to another book entirely. Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life....!

I like your brain. It's why your quote lives in my posts forever. Always forward.

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
Oh man, your all's optimism is infectious haha

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 04:50:52 PM »
Not to me. I'm forever a pessimist.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

NicoPony

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 06:45:53 PM »
Not to me. I'm forever a pessimist.

Why not be both? Like Gambit!

Life's a piece of s***
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughin' as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you
And
Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2021, 12:50:53 PM »
Well, I did want to be Remy when I grew up as a 12 year old. Alas, I never grew to be 6'2", have red eyes, a cool accent, or a charm ability, and devilishly handsome. And wearing a trench coat, while cool, gets you questioned by authorities a lot.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2021, 02:21:31 PM »
If Hugh Jackman who is definitely too tall for Wolverine can pull it off, why not you with Gambit.  :gambit:

Howard's handling of Gambit is lazy writing. IMO. We can only hope, Gambit gets a new writer and a different book.

I had a trenchcoat, it got stuck in an escalator ripped the bottom to shreds. The issues with height challenged people. :)

NicoPony

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2021, 06:40:18 PM »

I had a trenchcoat, it got stuck in an escalator ripped the bottom to shreds. The issues with height challenged people. :)

I got the height. Coordination and dexterity, not so much. Also my awesome trench got stole in Venice. Now I know how one of Gambit’s victims feels.

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2021, 10:18:15 AM »
Where's GAmbit ?