Author Topic: X-Men in the MCU  (Read 33740 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
X-Men in the MCU
« on: August 02, 2021, 01:43:19 AM »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 09:28:54 AM by NicoPony »

Offline RomeoSvengali

• X-Man Legend
Re: X-Men in the MCU
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 07:49:16 PM »
Even if it's true, it would just be another reason not to go to the movies (I haven't been to a movie theater since 2015) or even watch these films.
https://vimeo.com/49613968
-Romeo Svengali (Monican swordsman)

NicoPony

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 09:14:14 PM »
I guess I didn’t read into not wanting to use ‘X-Men’ as a title as some kind of pro-diversity statement against the use of the word MEN. This article and any fan-reaction to its non-use is some s***-stirring. Srsly sick of culture wars. Do not eat that s***, mes copains.

Our mutants don’t even personally ID as human. It is outdated in that sense.

I could see the opening of a new x-franchise being finding a strange school in ruins, wondering what the hell happened here, and seeing mutants individually as persecuted minorities coming together to build their own thang.

I’m not really invested in a live action anyway, unless it’s a series on Disney+. A movie style for X-men I’d prefer as the Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, which isn’t just my favorite Marvel movie but my favorite movie ever.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 11:53:05 AM »
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/marvel-x-men-reboot-movie-the-mutants-confirmed-sdcc-2022/

I give you... "The Mutants". Wow what an exciting title. :buck2:  I can't believe they are going to do this to me. I'm so bummed that these movies are probably going to be awful. I mean they already ruined the idea of mutants in the finale of the Ms. Marvel show by making Kamala Kahn the first mutant in the mcu. It's unbelievable.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:01:04 PM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 07:34:53 PM »
Don’t have a problem with MsMarvel being a mutant. But why take us on this weird ride to get there in the last five seconds? Is she inhuman? A Dijin? Magic bangle? Oh, also a mutant? Like this was your chance to simplify her story, not make it more complicated. Pick a lane! otherwise I liked it, but more for the coming-of-age/family drama story than anything.

I guess The Mutants is consistent with a group of people, like The Inhumans, The Eternals, rather than a team. The X-men team must not exist, we’re not just going to jump right in, but maybe build it up like the Avengers and Defenders?

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 09:33:26 PM »
That is true, but dose really want to associate them with Inhumans, Eternals, the MCU’s only two flops?

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 04:41:07 PM »
Marvel has really been destroying their fanbase with recent films and + series. I think they're letting the loud minority get their stuff out of their system before saying. "Enough, we're not going to ruin our last remaining cash crop with this s***."
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 07:01:20 PM »
I can hope. Marvel has been destroying their properties regularly at this point. Doesn't seem to be slowing down. Basically all their Disney+ shows are awful/insulting or a bait and switch. At one time I was begging to for Marvel to get the rights back to the X-Men so I can finally get a proper X-Men film. Now I can't even imagine them making a good movie. They are so focused on other things that have nothing to do with competent storytelling and good/accurate characterization.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2023, 03:40:50 PM »
New X-Men coming soon 2024 .... infor via Marvel Entertainment Twitter.
No more info than that.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2023, 05:08:41 PM »
New X-Men coming soon 2024 .... infor via Marvel Entertainment Twitter.
No more info than that.

Isn't this just some comic book run?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2023, 05:14:43 PM »

Isn't this just some comic book run?
I think so, the solicit for the upcoming book was incredibly vague.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2023, 05:36:46 PM »
And now that Kamala Kahn is a mutant, she'll probably lead the team. >:(

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2023, 06:23:19 PM »
This was all I could find. It was shown at SDCC 2023. (San Diego Comic-Con) - dates 7/20/23 through 7/23/23. It's always in July - It's literally the mother of all comic book conventions. :)
Anyway - It's a teaser.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 10:12:40 AM by Nekobaghira »