Author Topic: X-Summit  (Read 2756 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: X-Summit
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 11:50:06 PM »
None of it happened. It was just his original plan. However, in X-Men: the End, he did honor all of that and still went with his original idea of making Gambit a version of Sinister. Instead of being sent as a grown man as he intended, he observed the new history and had Gambit stolen as a baby from the black womb project by Apocalypse (or at his command). From there Gambit grew into the man we know.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 10:29:19 PM »
I am starting to wonder if Claremont is getting his ideas and old ideas mixed up in his head. Gambit had nothing to do with kitty or Excalibur in his ‘old’ stories. And I don’t think any of his ‘old’ interviews after he left the books the first time mentioned anything about gambit and kitty either (whereas, he did mention his original idea for sinister and gambit.) the first time gambit and kitty ever pop up was x-men forever, and it’s only since then has he started saying, oh this was my idea all along.

If it was his original idea, oh boy did we dodge a bullet. We definitely do not need gambit lumped in with colossus and the pedo jokes.  :/

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 03:33:36 PM »
I am starting to wonder if Claremont is getting his ideas and old ideas mixed up in his head. Gambit had nothing to do with kitty or Excalibur in his ‘old’ stories. And I don’t think any of his ‘old’ interviews after he left the books the first time mentioned anything about gambit and kitty either (whereas, he did mention his original idea for sinister and gambit.) the first time gambit and kitty ever pop up was x-men forever, and it’s only since then has he started saying, oh this was my idea all along.

If it was his original idea, oh boy did we dodge a bullet. We definitely do not need gambit lumped in with colossus and the pedo jokes.  :/

Well, hell yeah, we did. And no we didn't. We're mostly fans of Gambit thanks to the treatments he got after Claremonts departure. Had Gambit stayed he most likely wouldn't have gone through anything we know him for and probably been killed off as a villain. Quite possibly by Wolverine in a long bloody drawn out fight... He brought up the "better than" thing. I could see him writing a fight where HIS Gambit is thrashing Logan and loses in the last second while gloating or something.

If we would have got CCs Gambit, we wouldn't have gotten ours. Probably wouldn't have even been in Xtas at all.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony