Author Topic: Xmen'97 (new animated series)  (Read 7250 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
Re: Xmen'97 (new animated series)
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2022, 12:19:28 PM »

We'll find out more later I guess. For now, I'm just happy we have Gambit in an animated series voiced by Chris Potter, and if you're a Romy fan, there will be development because they're constantly standing next to each other in promo pics and Zann and Potter have been doing a lot of cons together in the last couple of years, they've still got a huge fanbase if you look at the YouTube vids dedicated to them (and the view- count). But yeah, there'll be obstacles, and if it includes Magneto then we'll see how it plays out, but I would be surprised considering Rogue and Magneto in XTAS barely acknowledged each other in 5 seasons and they already did an AoA storyline which Rogue wasn't even in. So I don't know, might just be a single episode like the Archangel one where they fought Apocalypse, or that one episode where she had a crush on Colossus. If it's an ongoing thing, Magneto would have to be part of the main cast and 95% of his storylines are politically driven rather than romantic.

Well Sparta, the original series ends with the X-Men and Magneto forming a sort of alliance. They've already said that the new show will begin with the team being separated and having to all come back together. If they have Magneto as the one bringing them together and leading them then yes, I would expect him to be part of the main cast.

Online Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2022, 02:34:12 AM »
I listened to the interview and...I really don't see much to be worried about yet. First of all, I don't know why he threw that question in there, and second of all I just can't see them doing a love triangle with her, Gambit and Magneto, "adult themes" or no. Her answer to me suggested that she was covering her ass by dancing around the topic.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2022, 09:37:48 PM »
The project is too far away for answers to anything. It's in conception mode and show runner mode with looking for artists and animation.  Too soon to know anything, imo.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2022, 11:46:37 PM »
The project is too far away for answers to anything. It's in conception mode and show runner mode with looking for artists and animation.  Too soon to know anything, imo.

Cal Dodd and Lenore Zann have recorded their dialogue for their characters. The writing is at least mostly done. So you are incorrect.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2022, 09:23:19 AM »

Cal Dodd and Lenore Zann have recorded their dialogue for their characters. The writing is at least mostly done. So you are incorrect.
Perhaps. *shrug* I don't mind being wrong but I'm not going to give accolades to every person involved in the project that has nothing to say; to only stir up speculation and not say a damn thing of value. 'Please tell me how much to not bother with this show, thank you.' That is what it's saying. That is not how PR works. PR is to promote and gain interest in the project, to form an audience in advance not dissuade. I get the whole, 'we can't tell you' thing but ... again, PR is there for a reason. IMO.
There was nothing in that interview to gain anyone's attention. IMO.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 12:07:10 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2022, 11:02:28 AM »
It’s definitely not a plot point that would drive interest in the show, because as marvel found out the hard way, there only a handful of people on the internet that actually like roguneto. The only driving force behind it was middle aged male comic writer fantasy.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2022, 05:47:57 AM »
*chuckles* I am 'earnestly' losing interest. LOL

NicoPony

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2022, 08:18:24 AM »
Ew… that site is horrible. Sounds like a lot of biased ranting meant to fan the flames of culture wars. I would not take their opinion as an indication of how the show is going to play out.

Claremont wrote the x-men with earnestness and emotion too. It adds drama. It makes characters relatable. In XTAS, everyone was an exaggerated caricature of themselves. And yeah, teen girl me ATE IT UP. Charming hot dude declaring his love and devotion out loud for a woman he can’t touch? C’mon! That’s earnestness and emotion right there. So yeah, if they’re keeping that kinda stuff, I’m ‘all in.’

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2022, 11:22:30 AM »
It's not an opinion piece. It's a quote from the showrunner himself. And multiple sites have reported on his quote.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 11:26:29 AM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2022, 12:16:10 PM »
Oh, I think I made the mistake of reading all the way to the bottom of the page where it says “Related” and “Related opinion.” All of which were terrible.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2022, 01:07:15 PM »
Yeah... Taylor injected a lot of "modern day" issues into X-Men Red and it stands as one of my most disliked series to date. It was like reading a comic book written by a Buzzfeed editor. I'm fine as long as Feige keeps his finger on the pulse. It's X-Men, but it's still the MCU. I don't think he'll let it go off of the rails too much. He very much likes to appeal to a broader audience over pandering to specific groups.

Has anyone seen this theory of how this might fit into the MCU?

https://youtu.be/gx_E4SHg-TI

Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Online Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2022, 12:41:37 AM »
I don't see an issue with De Mayo's comments.

If anyone's going to have issues with the new show, I guarantee it'll be the folks at Bounding Into Comics. 😆
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2022, 01:03:21 PM »
https://boundingintocomics.com/2022/04/28/x-men-97-head-writer-hints-disney-plus-series-will-reflect-modern-issues-the-world-is-a-very-different-place-than-when-the-original-was-first-made/

Well... This was exactly what I was worried about. My expectations have lowered significantly.

Same. Feels like a bate and switch. 'Watch it 'cause it's a continuation of what you loved, it's right there in the title, X-Men '97'... but yet it's retooled for the modern world. I'm thinking I'll wait for the entire first season to come out, check out what people are saying before I decide to watch it or not. The last thing I need is another contemporary reboot ruining my affection for something I loved.

Also, I can count on one hand the number of writers who can spew out that kind of stuff on Twitter and still produce anything I can enjoy reading or watching, and have fingers left over.

*chuckles* I am 'earnestly' losing interest. LOL
Yep. They tease you with what you want. Then they give you what they think you should have. I've been through that so many times in recent years I half expected it from the start but I still managed to get my hopes up that this would be different. I figured with the same people coming back to continue the original story there was a chance, but then you see the types of people working on it and... :(

Yeah... Taylor injected a lot of "modern day" issues into X-Men Red and it stands as one of my most disliked series to date. It was like reading a comic book written by a Buzzfeed editor. I'm fine as long as Feige keeps his finger on the pulse. It's X-Men, but it's still the MCU. I don't think he'll let it go off of the rails too much. He very much likes to appeal to a broader audience over pandering to specific groups.

Has anyone seen this theory of how this might fit into the MCU?

https://youtu.be/gx_E4SHg-TI
The sad thing is Taylor can write well when he restrains himself. Most of the people producing stuff like that are pretty much limited to that being all they can do, they write the way they Tweet. Taylor can do better, he just doesn't.