Author Topic: Xmen'97 (new animated series)  (Read 396 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Xmen'97 (new animated series)
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 02:03:17 PM »

With the announcement of the show, the first knee-bend comes from my man Clay Mann  ;D .  Lamenting how much he misses the franchise. Last I checked he was under an exclusive DC contract - but a public tweet is more like a warning shot. His contract is probably coming up and he's throwing out feelers. He's become a star artist. He comes back over the line he could probably pick his project. Avengers was a nice gravy boat with the MCU - but those characters are being phased out on the big screen. The X-Men is the new ticket for the foreseeable future. I said it. Cant wait for those "creators" to all of a sudden love Gambit.

https://twitter.com/Clay_Mann_/status/1460814320217034758

Hickman told that X-Foice have planned stories for next 2 years.
Hopefully it means that 2023 would have X-Men relaunch inspired by X-Men 97 release.
Such big relaunches are planned in advance so I won`t be surprised if Tom King and Clay Mann would get it.

Some of their replies for old 2019 X-Men Monday.

AiPT!: OK, Tom, if you could do a 12-issue maxi-series about an X-Men character, who would it be?
King: Uh, does Jon Hickman leave any left? I don’t know, are the X-Men going to survive this whole thing?
AiPT!: Clay would draw it…
King: Who do you want to draw on the X-Men? You just want to draw Gambit’s butt again.
Mann: No, it’d be the original–the Blue Team, Gold Team.
King: The original X-Men? That’s 30 years after they launched
Mann: I’m Hickman and I redo the X-Men. Blue Team, Gold Team, 10 characters–done. Not this new Alpha Men with flowers…

https://aiptcomics.com/2019/08/12/giant-sized-x-men-monday-23-terrificon-2019/

Edit: Cleaned up some code - DPT
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 02:05:17 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 02:07:54 PM »
"Alpha men with flowers" lol. That's funny. But words from a man locked behind an exclusive contract. He won't talk that recklessly, right now.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2021, 11:06:11 AM »
Jeez, has anyone read the Feb solits? Yeah, I think XTAS will be our go-to for news. Even if it is over a year away, we'll get interviews, character designs and teasers along the way in 2022. I know that Lenore Zann said she has the script that she'll be reading this weekend so stuff has already been written so it seems.

I noticed Chris Potter popping up in a LOT of comic-cons (with the rest of the voice cast) and doing many X-Men interviews in the last 2 years. I have a feeling Disney had the new series planned a little while ago with those teaser avatars (remember those?), and probably Covid delayed a few things. 

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2021, 12:48:43 PM »
Jeez, has anyone read the Feb solits?

It's going to be a long, cold, lonely winter.

All I want for Christmas is for Excalibur to be cancelled and for a new book with Gambit to be announced. Who is chipping in on my gift?

Our family Disney+ avatar is Gambit. I feel like I'm the only one watching it, so that's fair. Did everyone change theirs?

What do you want to see for Disney+ XTAS Gambit?

No headsock? Third-person talk? End up working for Sinister at some point?

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2021, 08:45:25 AM »

What do you want to see for Disney+ XTAS Gambit?

No headsock? Third-person talk? End up working for Sinister at some point?

1. A better display of Gambit's thieving skills.

2. The Sinister connection.

3. Some references to Nicieza and Asmus' solo runs. Courier, Joelle etc...

4. From a ROMY perspective, a bit more progression other than just having Rogue rebuff him and then fretting over him whenever he's in danger. Probably an X-Men #24 adaptation could be a good starting point.

5. Gambit and Wolverine team-ups.

6. Jean-Luc Lebeau appearance, unfortunately they missed an opportunity with 'X-Ternally Yours'

7. If they do costume redesigns. I'd go purple and black, I think the Disney avatar has that.

8. No third-person talk, if they REALLY must do it. Minimize it.

9. The cats.

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2021, 10:28:41 AM »

1. A better display of Gambit's thieving skills.

2. The Sinister connection.

3. Some references to Nicieza and Asmus' solo runs. Courier, Joelle etc...

4. From a ROMY perspective, a bit more progression other than just having Rogue rebuff him and then fretting over him whenever he's in danger. Probably an X-Men #24 adaptation could be a good starting point.

5. Gambit and Wolverine team-ups.

6. Jean-Luc Lebeau appearance, unfortunately they missed an opportunity with 'X-Ternally Yours'

7. If they do costume redesigns. I'd go purple and black, I think the Disney avatar has that.

8. No third-person talk, if they REALLY must do it. Minimize it.

9. The cats.

I love all these ideas. Let's have Don weigh in on number 9.

One more: backstory on why Storm knows Gambit well.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2021, 11:23:16 AM »

I love all these ideas. Let's have Don weigh in on number 9.

One more: backstory on why Storm knows Gambit well.

Probably a reference to UXM#266-267.

There's Morlock Massacre as well...but I don't think Disney will go that dark.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2021, 08:14:08 PM »
I want
Jean-Luc: Original Recipe Dapper please, rather than Extra-Crispy Midlife Crisis Pirate.
Romy: please make them a couple...one that COMMUNICATES, ffs
Thieving: I realize it'll go against his statement at the end of X-Ternally Yours, but I don't care, I want him to be a thief. Or, at the very least, use his thieving skills more on missions.
NO THIRD-PERSON SPEECH.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds