Author Topic: Xmen'97 (new animated series)  (Read 7267 times)

NicoPony

Re: Xmen'97 (new animated series)
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2022, 08:18:07 AM »
#SeeHer is a hashtag campaign to have more positive images of women in media and advertising. So, women doctors and stuff, as opposed to rolling around on the hood of a car wearing a bikini.

I can’t imagine how they’d include the Magneto/Rogue romance in a Saturday morning-esque cartoon. Carey got clap back for it and that was pre- MeToo. He couldn’t imagine why so many women would be upset about it, after all Magneto is preternaturally virile! Us ladies must have all been on our periods at the time.

Shirt like that ain’t gonna fly any more than Gambit kissing a sleeping woman without consent or Wolverine sadboi stalking a married woman.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2022, 10:09:40 AM »
Lenore in her answer doesn't really confirm anything, a bit of a vague response to the question. Though I do expect the love triangles for Rogue and Gambit to continue, there was quite a few in XTAS, (Cody, Belladonna, Archangel etc.) There will be angst because the romance was still undefined for most of the series. A few more obstacles is expected, which I'm fine with.

XTAS Magneto in a triangle with Romy? I can't really see it. But certain other characters? Definitely.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2022, 11:29:01 AM »
NicoPony- I know you make a lot of tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic posts but I just didn't understand what you said in that first post. The difference here is Eric and Julia Lewald said the writers for this don't have the same "Saturday morning kids show" restrictions that they had in the 90's. That they can tackle more "adult themes". If that includes a weird romance with a villain of her grandfathers age I'm not going to be too happy.

Sparta- I know we're all in denial here but when asked about Gambit and Magneto, instead of answering, Lenore says something nice about both and then says, "you'll have to tune into the series to find out what Rogue will do." I mean it's a clear tease for the show no? Sounds to me like she doesn't want to answer because it might be a spoiler. We know Lenore Zann has already recorded her dialogue for the show and is aware of Rogue's storyline. I hope she was just being weird but it seems like a pretty clear response to me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 11:34:08 AM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2022, 12:38:11 PM »
I thought ‘adult themes’ would mean Wolverine would stab something other than robots.  :laugh:   If they do a cartoon version of AoA, then the Rogue/Magneto thing may be what we’re looking at. After which everyone will look around and be like: god, how f-ed up was that? And Gambit actually comes off looking awesomely heroic, like saving the universe with the power of his love for Rogue (or something along those lines).

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2022, 12:47:24 PM »
I thought ‘adult themes’ would mean Wolverine would stab something other than robots.  :laugh:   If they do a cartoon version of AoA, then the Rogue/Magneto thing may be what we’re looking at. After which everyone will look around and be like: god, how f-ed up was that? And Gambit actually comes off looking awesomely heroic, like saving the universe with the power of his love for Rogue (or something along those lines).

Yeah who knows what they mean by "adult themes" in this day and age. If they do something with AoA like you said then I'm ok with it as that could work out fine. Actually that could be a potentially really good alternate look at their relationship. Or if Sparta is right that it could be a one-off episode similarly like what they did with Rogue and Archangel in the original show that wouldn't be so bad. But it only takes one writer on staff who loves Magneto and this can all go terribly wrong.

NicoPony

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2022, 01:14:23 PM »

But it only takes one writer on staff who loves Magneto and this can all go terribly wrong.

A reasonable and fair expectation, given we were all traumatized by the more recent Rogue/Magneto incident. I mean, my initial reaction was to start talking nonsense. We should start a support group.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2022, 01:34:25 PM »
Well it becomes scary because the whole Rogue and Magneto thing not only makes Rogue unlikeable but it has the potential to really ruin Gambit's character. It makes my ptsd act up again. Maybe a support group is the way to go. XD

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2022, 05:16:40 PM »
Keep in mind that any Rogue/Magneto pairing could involve 'Joseph', or at least the concept. Remember, 'Joseph' was originally intended to BE Magneto, de-aged and with amnesia rather than a clone. That could allow the pairing minus a lot of the ick factor.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2022, 06:18:56 PM »
I don't want Iceman to be a rebel. It felt wrong to me  ... I guess we'll see.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2022, 06:51:41 PM »
Keep in mind that any Rogue/Magneto pairing could involve 'Joseph', or at least the concept. Remember, 'Joseph' was originally intended to BE Magneto, de-aged and with amnesia rather than a clone. That could allow the pairing minus a lot of the ick factor.

That'd be a nightmare too. Honestly, they didn't do all that much with Gambit and Rogue's relationship in the original show actually. So it would be extremely strange to jump into a big Magneto/Joseph love triangle in season 1 of a relaunch. But I don't put bad writing past any project now-a-days. Some of the story and character choices in modern shows/movies etc have been insanely stupid.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2022, 09:28:18 PM »
Sparta- I know we're all in denial here but when asked about Gambit and Magneto, instead of answering, Lenore says something nice about both and then says, "you'll have to tune into the series to find out what Rogue will do." I mean it's a clear tease for the show no? Sounds to me like she doesn't want to answer because it might be a spoiler. We know Lenore Zann has already recorded her dialogue for the show and is aware of Rogue's storyline. I hope she was just being weird but it seems like a pretty clear response to me.

We'll find out more later I guess. For now, I'm just happy we have Gambit in an animated series voiced by Chris Potter, and if you're a Romy fan, there will be development because they're constantly standing next to each other in promo pics and Zann and Potter have been doing a lot of cons together in the last couple of years, they've still got a huge fanbase if you look at the YouTube vids dedicated to them (and the view- count). But yeah, there'll be obstacles, and if it includes Magneto then we'll see how it plays out, but I would be surprised considering Rogue and Magneto in XTAS barely acknowledged each other in 5 seasons and they already did an AoA storyline which Rogue wasn't even in. So I don't know, might just be a single episode like the Archangel one where they fought Apocalypse, or that one episode where she had a crush on Colossus. If it's an ongoing thing, Magneto would have to be part of the main cast and 95% of his storylines are politically driven rather than romantic.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2022, 08:16:58 AM »

I love all these ideas. Let's have Don weigh in on number 9.

I missed this... NO. There's no reason for the cats. You can't just paste cats to Gambit. Those things are the result of deep-seated sexual tension between Gambit and his future mother-in-law. Don't you taint this unholy incident with those useless fleabags!

And no, there will be no Rogue/Magneto incidents. 1. it's still Disney 2. they couldn't justify that nonsense in the books outside of the single book series it occurred in, not counting AoA. It's not making the animated show.

I thought ‘adult themes’ would mean Wolverine would stab something other than robots.  :laugh:    If they do a cartoon version of AoA, then the Rogue/Magneto thing may be what we’re looking at. After which everyone will look around and be like: god, how f-ed up was that? And Gambit actually comes off looking awesomely heroic, like saving the universe with the power of his love for Rogue (or something along those lines).

It'd be weird for them to go back to AoA. They already did that with "One Man's Worth". That multi-part episode was actually what inspired AoA in the comics. On second thought - because it inspired the story and it was such a smash hit, they might very well revisit it and I just soiled myself.  :(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:28:10 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2022, 08:28:39 AM »
Omg! It IS Disney!!!
If X-Men = Disney
And Gambit = Prince of thieves.
Then Gambit = Disney Prince! 

Disney princes always get the girl! (unless you’re Hans, then you don’t count, bc you’re evil)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2022, 09:53:05 AM »
Omg! It IS Disney!!!
If X-Men = Disney
And Gambit = Prince of thieves.
Then Gambit = Disney Prince! 

Disney princes always get the girl! (unless you’re Hans, then you don’t count, bc you’re evil)

Or Disney Scoundrel Prince?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2022, 09:54:22 AM »

DavidTalaski variant for X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #1
[/size]
[/size]