Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 117708 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2022, 12:52:25 PM »

I don’t know what’s going on with the event. I thought the response was positive…? Are the x-men being made bad guys again? I just saw they were fighting giant monsters (again). Like, where is Godzilla when you need him, this is more his shtick.
No kidding, and let him go where-ever to the 'cleanse'. LMAO

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2022, 09:49:00 PM »
I went to my LCS to get a 'floppy' (paper copy) of Gambit #1. They didn't have it because it sold out in two hours on day of release. I would have had to been there at opening time to get one. The guy suggested I call and see if there is a copy that isn't pristine or wait second printing. (meaning bent on the spine and all that stuff.)

I see that as win as my shop is a 'medium' shop in sales.

NicoPony

« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2022, 09:33:46 AM »
I went to my LCS to get a 'floppy' (paper copy) of Gambit #1. They didn't have it because it sold out in two hours on day of release. I would have had to been there at opening time to get one. The guy suggested I call and see if there is a copy that isn't pristine or wait second printing. (meaning bent on the spine and all that stuff.)

I see that as win as my shop is a 'medium' shop in sales.

sorry you didn't get your copy, but this warms the cockles.

i follow mr kotian's social posts and he kept reposting comic shops that had sold out of gambit. it was #20 on the sales chart last month. either ppl love the character, love claremont, can't get enough #1 edition copies, or a combo of all.

i was surprised it sold so well. considering marvel and the writers give zero respect to the character or his fans, i figured it'd be a flop. like they're tossing cc a bone and using an unknown artist too. i figured we were in the minority of comic fans. based on xtwitter, i figured there'd be a zaladane 30 issue story arc before we'd see gambit on a book again. i hope someone in the x-office gets the memo.

sid has this little pic of gambit as his avatar on insta. who is gambit smoochin?

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #303 on: August 12, 2022, 01:12:33 PM »
That looks like Lila Cheney to me.

Breaking the top 20 is a good result, considering the lack of promotion etc, much better than what I expected.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #304 on: August 12, 2022, 07:19:01 PM »
Not being promoted is justified since the story doesn't matter. What isn't justified is how they marginalized CC and Gambit. He should get a book with characters like Gambit to do their own thing outside of Krakoa, if they want to keep him away from the main story. Perhaps a literal Exiles book, with characters exiled from Krakoa.

NicoPony

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2022, 10:38:20 AM »
I like the idea of Gambit screwing up when trying to save Storm. He should be new to this hero business so he won't know how to properly secure her, much like how Spiderman killed Gwen Stacy.

NicoPony

« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2022, 08:51:14 PM »
I like the idea of Gambit screwing up when trying to save Storm. He should be new to this hero business so he won't know how to properly secure her, much like how Spiderman killed Gwen Stacy.

He’s probably not used to using his powers to save people. Plus, throwing a card underwater must be hella hard. I love the cards floating out of his pocket. The interior art is really good but the cover artist — no, not for me. The variants are amazing. Too bad I just get digital copies and won’t ever see them.

So is the woman jumping in to save Ro the ‘hero mom’ Cc is talking about in the interview? Bounty?  ;D (I’m sorry, that name is hilarious. Is she the Quicker Picker Upper of bounty hunters?).

I like that CC put some thought into the cultural and scenic backdrop of the south. It’s a great setting.

admin edit: formatting issues.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:26:04 AM by Nekobaghira »

NicoPony

« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2022, 12:08:02 PM »
they made this just for Neko I think.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2022, 02:59:20 PM »

agreed, how did they find out! LOL

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #310 on: August 18, 2022, 03:10:05 PM »

Haha! That's great.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2022, 09:14:30 PM »
Lol, that is cute.

Dauterman made one of the costume covers for gambit. I think it’s going to be a variant for gambit 5?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 09:16:35 PM by anya »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2022, 12:09:30 PM »
Re:Dauterman Image.

Nobody can rock purple or pink like Gambit. I love the black/brown combo and the Shi'ar stuff.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #313 on: August 31, 2022, 01:59:01 AM »
So two different Gambits today. Claremont's take was much better. Howard's wasn't that bad, seeing how Gambit was clearly not in his right mind what with dying and freaking out about resurrecting wrong (it looked like Gambit even while dead was struggling to hold on to his identity by remembering his love for Rogue). Also loved Deathbit with yet another set of powers. The tradition continues!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 07:16:03 AM by Zoks »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2022, 09:04:34 AM »
Could have been worse is the best you can say about Gambit's return. The only part I really liked was the guest appearance of someone from his Horseman days.Otherwise Gambit is becoming a bit if a Damsel in distress always needing others to affirm his worth. This would have been better as a 2 or 3 issue arc where you could hsce explored his history with Betsy more and had a bit more of a real struggle rather than it all being wrapped up in a few panels.

On another note, the Gambit solo was a decent read. Nothing groundbreaking their but a fun and charming Remy is a good Remy

Admin edit: formatting.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 11:09:01 AM by Nekobaghira »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"