Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 117583 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Gambit Watch 2022
« on: January 01, 2022, 07:48:27 PM »
Gambit Watch 2022 - Let's roll with it baby, baby, let it roll.
I hope that 2022 is better than 2021.
I will close the other thread.

Props to the person who made the art. I would credit but can't find the name, if someone does, lets give the love it needs. :)

Love you all Gambit Guildies.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 07:54:09 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 10:23:29 AM »

Props to the person who made the art. I would credit but can't find the name, if someone does, lets give the love it needs. :)

Love you all Gambit Guildies
We love you too, Neko. Youve been a staple of the online Gambit fan community for as long as I've been online. Appreciate you.
As to the art, it's the character model for Gambit in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO3MlBqPb0w
Wish I had a console that had the game available. Looks like a decent replacement for Marvel Heroes.

Miss that game so much  :'(

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 11:10:26 AM »
Happy New Year!!!
Love you All!

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 01:31:59 PM »
Happy New Year!!!
Love you All!

Did you draw that? It looks amazing  :o

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 01:37:10 PM »
Did you draw that? It looks amazing  :o

Not me. It is a teaser from artist for Gambit 2022 mini.

NicoPony

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 05:56:07 PM »
I can’t believe I have to wait til March to see him again! Whhhaaaa! Unless he shows up in X-Men so Rogue can yell at him some more, it’s going to be a long cold lonely winter with no Cajun spice.

Man, Inferno ended as a soft tremulous fart, my last comic for months to come! Sitting out the whole Wolverine series. They doubled down on that gamble. Good luck to Marvel Comics on that, bub.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 01:42:38 AM »
March? Probably till April.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 02:13:29 PM »
I... I'm just really hoping Chris Claremont doesn't jump the shark on this. Keep it grounded and don't try to swerve too hard. Art expectations are high for me.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 07:11:53 PM »
March? Probably till April.

But at least there will be solicits and things earlier…?

I... I'm just really hoping Chris Claremont doesn't jump the shark on this. Keep it grounded and don't try to swerve too hard. Art expectations are high for me.

If Gambit gets possessed or something and spends half the time being a demon I’m gonna be so pissed.

I’m…not sad Hickman is gone. I like elements of this Krakoa era, but all the non-Hickman books I’ve read just seem to be just wandering around and have zero impact. No one could tell a story that might impact Hickman’s Big Idea. Which is all foreplay and no climax. Dude, I’m so frustrated.

I hope him leaving lets writers write more impactful stories.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 04:35:21 AM »
Yeah, hopefully solicits or even some previews this month.

Gambit mini must be good cause except of it he just will be in Tinis prison for the next 2 years again.

Hopefully when X-Men 97 arrives on summer 2023 it will cause a new book for him.

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2022, 03:39:57 AM »
X-Men '97 cannot get here soon enough.

Calgon, take me away...

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 01:55:55 PM »

If Gambit gets possessed or something and spends half the time being a demon I’m gonna be so pissed.

C'mon now, it only happened once or... three times. Anyways, that hasn't happened in years... what are the chances? No, seriously... what are they? 10 to 1..?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 09:30:14 AM »
Gambit kinda but not really shows up in X-Men Legends #10.

the events take place during X-Men 1991 #34, the issue where Gambit, Psylocke, Beast, and Rogue break into Sinister’s lab to find Threnody. Hearken back like 20 years our time…. Sinister is hosting a dinner party with Amanda Mueller, Xavier, Magneto (why, is he a scientist?), Beast, and Moira. Note that there are six guests, and Magneto would be a vegetable at this time. They’re gathered together to talk human/mutant relations, but they only have 3 hours to do it. Why? You’ll find out. During the conversation, Sinister, with Mueller’s cryptic remarks has a eureka moment of some kind where he realizes the future isn’t human or mutant, but homo-unitus (something like that). The surprise is revealed that everyone is a clone and they’re set to self-destruct (because deep-dive, remember how Sinister’s clones used to come in pairs) including Sinister who seems to develop a conscience and sends his genius revelation about homo-unitis through what I’m guessing is his version of The Cloud. Y’know, to save all life on earth. Meanwhile in the background, it’s revealed the X-Men are blowing up sh!t in Sinister’s lab causing his dinner party locale (a fold in time and space) to collapse on itself. As Mueller talks nerdy to Sinister re:homo-unitus, Gambit appears on the security monitors behind her head several times in a , I dunno…foreshadowy kinda way?

For all Nicieza’s talk about not remembering stuff, it sure seems like his callback to 1995 is spot on. I didn’t think that kind of geek-recall existed outside of fandom, but there ya go. The story is just…weird. It seems like a setup for something that could directly tie into the previews for Destiny of X, like the images of Sinister winning humanitarian awards.

I spent this issue laughing to myself and enjoying the nostalgia. …but then, I love Cobra Kai with a passion, so keep that in mind.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 04:44:38 PM »
Gambit kinda but not really shows up in X-Men Legends #10.

…but then, I love Cobra Kai with a passion, so keep that in mind.

In another life, we could have been Ocotpi.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:00:52 PM by DonPriceTag »