Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 118208 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 04:32:11 PM »
I play this card game and everytime I log in, the female Elf reminds me of what Apocalypse would look like if he was a woman. LOL (She is on the bottom right.)
Back to Gambit - nothing to add in regards to the article about back to the '90's other than someone actually saying they liked the books and stuff back then.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 04:34:34 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 10:48:45 AM »
French actor Gaspard Ulliel dies at 37 after skiing accident.Terrible news.He was fancasted as Remy by most fans. Rest in peace.

edit: formatting craziness
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 03:29:05 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 03:30:08 PM »
That is so sad to hear. RIP. Sympathies to his family, friends and fans.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 04:20:17 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 06:45:28 AM »

No Claremont`s Gambit in April 2022 solicits.  No one announces books in December 2021 that will be released half a year later in May 2022 or even later.
It seems that Marvel finally noticed that Gambit fans are not excited for KOX and won't buy relaunch of trash Excalibur with a new Logo so decided to throw a bone and announce an unready Gambit mini with rushed cover to keep Gambit fans buying books.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 06:48:24 AM by purplevit »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2022, 01:26:12 PM »
Gambit appeared in Black Panther #3.
Remy had 1 line and looked kinda short.Nothing to check it for. Probably the only time we will see Gambit on Arrako.
Well, at least he didn't get ass kicked. Gambit: Stormy said her ex-husband was coming by.Gambit wanted to make sure you ain't here to break her heart. Again

edit: formatting
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:33:13 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2022, 04:16:02 PM »
Panel

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2022, 10:54:37 AM »
At least someone remembered that they’re friends. *shrugs*

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2022, 11:29:17 PM »
More third person talk from a writer that obviously has known the character via the cartoon.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »
More third person talk from a writer that obviously has known the character via the cartoon.
Yeah, it is disappointing.

NicoPony

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2022, 04:53:37 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CZU7qxBP4lg/?utm_medium=copy_link

Go to Mr. Claremont’s insta feed and look at the 4th item! You will be so happy!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2022, 04:59:53 PM »
Cool!
And at the very start of Summer, one if the coolest mini-series I’ve done in quite a while — Gambit (& ‘Ro) with brilliant art by Sid Kotian!
From ChrisClaremont's Instagram.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2022, 08:01:52 AM »
Summer... ok.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2022, 06:52:18 PM »
i was really hoping it would start at the same time as KOX started, to take some of the sting out of howard's handling of gambit. and also i'd like to see some second-tier revamp of Legends it outsell that otherworld  :-X .

wonder what his next project is. he'd mentioned something in a previous post about wanting to do something about mutants who didn't want to leave their lives and families for krakoa.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2022, 08:08:52 AM »

wonder what his next project is. he'd mentioned something in a previous post about wanting to do something about mutants who didn't want to leave their lives and families for Krakoa.

They'd never let him do that. Not after that Marauders Annual where Brimstone (a demonic character) was basically the voice of anyone that thinks Krakoa isn't the best-est-thing-ever. Don't get me wrong - I liked the concept of Krakoa and agree to narrative reasons for its creation, but I also believe it's #$#%#%% obvious that Hickman meant it to eventually end. He set up too many blatant cracks in its foundation from character behavior, doctrine, and international presence. He even built in a reset button. Most of this 3yr narrative was undone abruptly in about 10-issues between Trial of Magneto and Inferno. Thing is, bringing this up makes you a problem as a reader, so I seriously doubt they'll allow Claremont to sow similar views within the lore and make it a canon view of the situation.

NicoPony

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2022, 10:09:32 AM »

They'd never let him do that. Not after that Marauders Annual where Brimstone (a demonic character) was basically the voice of anyone that thinks Krakoa isn't the best-est-thing-ever. Don't get me wrong - I liked the concept of Krakoa and agree to narrative reasons for its creation, but I also believe it's #$#%#%% obvious that Hickman meant it to eventually end. He set up too many blatant cracks in its foundation from character behavior, doctrine, and international presence. He even built in a reset button. Most of this 3yr narrative was undone abruptly in about 10-issues between Trial of Magneto and Inferno. Thing is, bringing this up makes you a problem as a reader, so I seriously doubt they'll allow Claremont to sow similar views within the lore and make it a canon view of the situation.

Yup.

Krakoa is like Brave New World set on the Lord of the Flies island meets Animal Farm after Doctor Moreau experimented on Napoleon and Snowball. All of these are very good stories, but are intended to make you question society and humanity. To 86 that is missing the point. Were we supposed to like Krakoa? You can like the story, but I feel like we're one event away from people mixing kiddie pools fool of Flavor Aid here.

Krakoa concept good, set up meh, execution meh.

I think I agree with the demon.

Maybe they are just out of ideas, and that's why they're going to run Krakoa until the wheels fall off and why have Gambit's solo set in the 90s.