Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 154447 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2022, 03:16:53 PM »
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/11/x-men-monday-questions-chris-claremont/

First lewks at Gambit #1 and time to ask CC some well-thought questions. C'mon GG, let's come up with some good ones!

You just send questions in on the bottom of the page?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 03:23:20 PM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2022, 04:19:41 PM »
Yes, there’s a basic form at the bottom. I have too much anxiety to actually go through with it. I have a hard time even tweeting without wanting to immediately delete my account, crawl under a rock and not come back for 7 years.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2022, 06:15:25 PM »
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/11/x-men-monday-questions-chris-claremont/

First lewks at Gambit #1 and time to ask CC some well-thought questions. C'mon GG, let's come up with some good ones!

Thanks, Nico!
Solicits sounds awesome and and I am excited and ready for action, intrigueand revenge!
Cover where Gambit is showing card trick to small Storm is cute but all covers are forgettable really. Excpected better.

Sent my questions.
Hopefully released solicits means that book will be in May solicits, finally.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2022, 10:05:25 AM »
Credits to whomever and I don't get it but thought I'd share anyway.
edit via twitter: Kirsten Ruth Kuyon on FB made a thing... I absolutely dislike copy and paste with this site.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 10:10:27 AM by Nekobaghira »

NicoPony

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2022, 02:35:48 PM »
THE QUEST IS REVEALED in Tini Howard and Bob Quinn’s [/size]KNIGHTS OF X #2[/color][/size]! Betsy Braddock has assembled her Knights! Their mission: to save Otherworld from Merlyn and his powerful henchmen...by finding the holy grail of mutantkind. But Otherworld is vast, and innumerable armies stand in their way. When Merlyn targets the Crooked Market, a safe haven for mutantkind, the Knights must split up. Will Captain Britain find the grail? Will Gambit lead the others into a deadly trap? Death looms over the Knights — in more ways than one.[/color]

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/judgment-day-approaches-and-a-major-new-player-emerges-as-destiny-of-x-continues-to-reshape-mutantkind

Well I for one will be looking forward to this issue. Finally it will be revealed that Gambit has been a warwolf this WHOLE time!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2022, 03:02:50 PM »
Gambit #1 is finally solicated for May 11 and we will have one more variant by Scott Williams.

GAMBIT #1 (OF 5) CHRIS CLAREMONT (W) • SID KOTIAN (A) • Cover by WHILCE PORTACIO VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO VARIANT COVER BY SALVADOR LARROCA VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE VARIANT COVER BY SCOTT WILLIAMS All-NEW ADVENTURES OF THE LEGENDARY THIEF BY CO-CREATOR CHRIS CLAREMONT! You think you know all there is to know about Remy LeBeau, the Ragin' Cajun, the mutant known as GAMBIT — but legendary X-scribe Chris Claremont has an ace up his sleeve with this new series! Before he joined the X-MEN, Gambit encountered a mysterious girl named ‘RO — the mutant STORM regressed to her child self by the nefarious NANNY — and the two went up against the forces of the SHADOW KING! Now, revealed for the first time, Gambit finds his path to becoming the heroic X-Man millions of fans call their favorite! Joined by rising star artist Sid Kotian, Chris weaves a story of action, intrigue and revenge that made Gambit the mutant he is and forged his relationship with Storm. You'll get a charge out of this one, mon ami! 32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2022, 04:37:11 PM »
X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #2 (OF 5) STEVE FOXE (W) • SALVA ESPIN (A) • Cover by DAVID BALDEÓNVARIANT COVER BY TBADAWN OF XCII!With the nation of Krakoa established, mutantkind is ready to defend their new nation from threats of all kinds…but the X-Men have no idea about the mutant whose secret power of resurrection lies behind the entire thing! It's the entire Krakoan age thirty years early, with everyone's favorite '90s X-Men team at the center of it all!32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:20:19 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2022, 03:21:45 PM »
It is just a rumor but I think it is right. So check if you don`t afraid of Doc Strange 2 Spoilers.

I warned :)

It seems that Xavier in Multiverse of Madness in XTAS version.
Old leak showed Xavier in his floating yellow chair and other stuff. Other stuff got confirmed to be true with a second trailer.

Also MM2 trailer has teases of Savage Land and animated universe.
[/size]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqmd-2Uo903:20 for animated stuff.

It seems that XTAS team would be canon in MCU.
X-Men 97 can start after Xavier death in MM.[/size]
[/spoiler]
Also Wolverine (not Jackman) is rumored for MM2 too.

NicoPony

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/23/x-men-monday-145-chris-claremont-gambit/

Dagnabit. But why do we keep asking CC about his original intentions for Gambit? I think Gambit fans must like a touch of masochism.

Hm...little afraid this is going to be the Adventures of Lil Ro with her sidekick, Gambit. But the Stormy temper-tantrum page is pretty darn cute.

It is just a rumor but I think it is right. So check if you don`t afraid of Doc Strange 2 Spoilers.

Old leak showed Xavier in his floating yellow chair and other stuff. Other stuff got confirmed to be true with a second trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqmd-2Uo903:20 for animated stuff.

X-Men 97 can start after Xavier death in MM.

Doctor Strange was THE most confusing movie to me, I was dizzy. Add a multiverse to this, and I will be completely lost. That What If..? Doc Strange episode was the one that made me say: Why am I watching this. I do not enjoy this.

If this is how the X-Men are introduced to to MCU, I don't know what to think.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2022, 08:44:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqmd-2Uo903:20 for animated stuff.

X-Men 97 can start after Xavier death in MM.

Purplevit, you doing okay? :/

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2022, 12:18:43 PM »
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/23/x-men-monday-145-chris-claremont-gambit/

Dagnabit. But why do we keep asking CC about his original intentions for Gambit? I think Gambit fans must like a touch of masochism.

Hm...little afraid this is going to be the Adventures of Lil Ro with her sidekick, Gambit. But the Stormy temper-tantrum page is pretty darn cute.

I know. How many times do we have to hear about it? And he goes on and on and on. We get it. Your eventual take on the character was going to make him less beloved by fans. Just another clone character who wouldn't have rivaled Wolverine at his peak popularity, never got romantically involved with Rogue to become one of the hottest couples of all time in the comics, and you would've made some bizarre abusive relationship with a teenage Kitty Pryde. Thanks for creating him but the character has done just fine for himself after you left. It's like he thinks his idea would've been so much better.

That leads me to hoping he does the right thing with this series. I'm starved for some good Gambit content. I don't want him to drastically alter something in his past. I also don't want Gambit to be lil' Ro's sidekick either.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 12:20:30 PM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2022, 03:22:42 PM »
Probably it’s easier for Claremont to talk about what’s not gonna happen than for him to give us deets on the upcoming book. That’s what I’m telling myself about why he’s so long winded on that question (which, did he pay someone to ask it?).

NicoPony

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2022, 08:21:58 AM »
ICYMI - Gambit makes an appearance in X-Men #9.

Gambit and Rogue show up on a garbage space station full of thugs hoping to both charm intel about Gameworld out of the ne’er do wells hanging out there. Destiny is already there and tells them they’re wasting their time. Some thug tells Gambit to give him his coat and Gambit gets punched in the face. Then Rogue and Gambit throw over the whole place while Gambit and Destiny get to know each other better. Well, Destiny hates Gambit and says he’s all of her ‘disappointments made flesh.’ Now the whole time she’s dissing him, he’s protecting her from evil aliens while she sits and drinks a martini. Destiny also says Rogue belongs at hers and Mystique’s side in the fight to come. Completely unbothered by Destiny’s cryptic comments and rude ‘tude, G grabs a bottle of bub and tells Destiny his love for Rogue comes with no strings attached. After his speaking truth to power, Destiny is pissed and mimes choking Gambit as he walks away.

It’s possible that G-man will show up in #10 if he’s helping out here. It looks like Barely useful Sunfire is heading to Otherworld to rescue some tree person I don’t care about from that guy in a blower hat who I also don’t care about. so I wonder how that storyline will interconnect with KOX, or if KOX is just fully isolated to do it’s own dumb nonsense in a bubble.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2022, 10:50:39 AM »
The Sunfire hint was strange. Why him, of all people? And destiny is the same petty biatch as Mystique. Not too surprising.  It I always thought she was the more reasonable, supportive one.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2022, 11:39:46 AM »
In the very few times I've read Duggan's take on Gambit, he's actually been entertaining and fun. I did get a Han Solo vibe in his characterisation (maybe because of the space opera setting). The Gambit/Destiny b***hy mother-in-law interaction was too similar to Mystique, it would've been better to have tried something a little different. I know Duggen likes banter and quips, and that's fine but an alternative approach would've been better. The Rogue/Destiny reunion was a little cold too.

While he does tend to portray him as a "joke character" at times, there are far worse writers out there that have written him. I was actually surprised that he had more panel time than Rogue in a book where she is a main cast member. I actually liked the issue overall, and Gambit was the best part of it.