Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 117541 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2022, 12:13:16 PM »
I’m mostly with wantusigh here. I’m not against period movies in general, but I was tired of the fox X-men period movies, especially since after first class, there was no real reason for it (and would some aging make up really have killed them? Even Moira looked the same! ;p)

NicoPony

« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2022, 11:07:49 AM »
Gambit is putting the 'gay' in Gala. Or the 'gall' in Gala. Guess it depends on your pronunciation.

Anyway - I can get behind this, the general fervor around the design, the blatant pandering to females and queer audiences, and the awesome fanworks generated. I feel a bit more positive suddenly.

Here's another one by David Nakayama for a cover...maybe?

KoX out this week.  ^-^  Early review says it's more of the same Betsy Braddock show. To which I say: GOOD. The less Howard writes Gambit, the less damage she does to him.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2022, 03:14:45 PM »
https://screenrant.com/popular-marvel-comics-superhero-couples-ranker/

Not surprising at all. Are Gambit and Rogue really not together anymore? I don't pay any attention to that Krakoa trash but I thought I would've heard this
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 03:16:37 PM by wantutosigh »

NicoPony

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2022, 03:19:41 PM »
https://screenrant.com/popular-marvel-comics-superhero-couples-ranker/

Not surprising at all. Are Gambit and Rogue really not together anymore? I don't pay any attention to that Krakoa trash but I thought I would've heard this

No, that’s just a trash writer who isn’t reading the books. Though after KoX today, they are physically separated.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2022, 08:46:41 PM »
I figured. I mean I do frequent a Gambit fan site regularly, I think someone would've mentioned it. ;)

Still shows you that Gambit and Rogue are consistently seen as the top couple in Marvel. Since they got married, they've barely done anything with them. It's pretty absurd. The writing and vision right now is soooo lacking.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2022, 09:47:26 PM »
Well, they are certainly A top couple. I'm not sure they are THE top in every situation. But they have a very strong fanbase. Which makes it all the more insane that we have never seen their relationship on the big screen despite getting 20 years of X-men movies. I have a feeling they will be extremely popular in the MCU.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 09:51:56 PM by hairlesscat »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2022, 10:05:27 AM »
I figured. I mean I do frequent a Gambit fan site regularly, I think someone would've mentioned it. ;)

Still shows you that Gambit and Rogue are consistently seen as the top couple in Marvel. Since they got married, they've barely done anything with them. It's pretty absurd. The writing and vision right now is soooo lacking.

We have yet to see Gambit interact with Mystique since the wedding... it's been 5 literal years. How has someone not done this yet? Gambit has spoken to Destiny and she just came back to life after almost 40yrs. I don't think Gambit has gone this long without interacting with Mystique. You'd think they at least have a passing glance since he married her daughter.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Varia

• Journeyman
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2022, 12:21:18 AM »
Gambit is putting the 'gay' in Gala. Or the 'gall' in Gala. Guess it depends on your pronunciation.

Anyway - I can get behind this, the general fervor around the design, the blatant pandering to females and queer audiences, and the awesome fanworks generated. I feel a bit more positive suddenly.

Overall, these seem a vast improvement over last year's. They all have something interesting about them, but it's difficult to tell what that is about Gambit's *cough*. I just can't put my finger on it!

In seriousness, the designs look awesome so far and I'm excited to see the rest!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 12:25:40 AM by Varia »

Offline andrei

• Guild Member
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2022, 01:27:37 PM »
Gambit news! He is coming tomorrow for MSF and he is really, really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58V9dEBRlYk&t=526s

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2022, 01:36:03 PM »
Looks good, though I’m not much of a gamer. It’s also cool that they said he was one of the most requested characters.

Offline andrei

• Guild Member
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2022, 03:29:05 PM »
tottally! We pestered them in every patch! "GIVE US GAMBIT!" hahaha it worked

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2022, 12:10:34 PM »
It's nice to be 'heard'. LOL

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2022, 11:52:30 PM »
https://screenrant.com/rogue-gambit-marriage-marvel-perfect-couple-xmen/

A lot of love for Gambit and Rogue lately. Though there is a couple of screw-ups in the article.

NicoPony

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2022, 09:26:46 AM »
Is it because I purposely seek out Gambit content that I seem to find more of it lately, or is greater attention being paid to the character lately? It’s always nice to see articles written in a positive light. The linked KoX article has factual problems too, like they just read the preview blurb of the book and wrote an article. Because Gambit isn’t moving into his own independently of Rogue, he is STILL basing his decisions on whatever Rogue is doing. So. Annoying.

I saw this and it reminded me of the discussion around timelines in the mcu and made me go “haha.”

Also Jon Hamm as Sinister and Gambit’s nemesis…? I’m super into Hamm because he played one of my favorite characters ever - Don Draper (I have a type, okay?). He’s also got great delivery, and can play a comedic role. I think his acting range would be perfect for whatever version of Sinister we get. And Hamm in a Gambit movie? I’d die of happiness. Can he do a British accent though? If Tim Curry was younger, I’d pick him for Sinister. He looked great in a cape and corset.

https://www.cbr.com/jon-hamm-open-mr-sinister-mcu-x-men/

NicoPony

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2022, 08:21:15 AM »
A tiny slice of Gambit from today’s AIPT interview with Howard.