Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 117216 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2022, 08:00:39 PM »
If we think too much about it... we will hurt ourselves. Let's just settle with "he makes things go boom".

Hilarious. Nothing to contribute but ... whatever. LOL

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #167 on: June 04, 2022, 02:01:27 PM »
Oh while we are on the topic of his true powers, if Gambit dies, what are the chances the quiet council decides to not resurrect him? Wouldn't he come back at full power and possibly inadvertently blow everything up?  ;D

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2022, 11:04:31 PM »
Oh while we are on the topic of his true powers, if Gambit dies, what are the chances the quiet council decides to not resurrect him? Wouldn't he come back at full power and possibly inadvertently blow everything up?  ;D

I mean, that's a situation you take with most powerful mutants. They're all dangerous, but that's mostly because they have no resources or individuals to help them learn about themselves. Gambit's biggest problem in the 616 and any universe was guidance. Remember, New Sun had complete control over his powers and didn't incinerate his world until he tried to do something very specific.

On the other hand, the writers are @_#&. Cyclops has been reborn at least twice and still has to use his visor to control his powers. He keeps getting remade with brain damage. I'm sure they'll handwave it away as some mind over matter nonsense. If they want to keep Gambit status quo, they have the man responsible. They can just insert a surgery montage of Sinister performing the procedure on Gambit prior to insertion of his mind.

At the same time you're assuming these crap writers even know anything about Gambit's solo series. I doubt they'll acknowledge it at all... If it happens.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2022, 11:51:52 AM »
I wish Wanda's spell was "No More Omega Mutants."

The classification is stupid. It's like an endless argument between two thirteen year old boys over which superhero would win in a fight. Having amazing powers is fun and all, but not what makes me love a character.

'Omega' is stupid because their powers are just whatever the plot calls for. Supposedly Captain Britain can fly, but in the last issue of KoX, she's hanging upside down by her legs from a ledge. b***h, can't you fly? Don't you have TK or something? Magneto can terraform a planet, but not push a metal space station into the sun. Why? because it gives him a headache. Jamie Braddock can birth a space station, but not stop Merlyn's army "because reality is too thin." What???

In Excalibur, Gambit can catch missiles and absorb them, I guess. Or like, make a bullet vanish? It's all just: whatever. If he could suddenly generate magic exploding kittens, it wouldn't surprise me.

But I guess if I'm going to be serious for one brief moment, I'd say the resurrections seem to make mutants stronger, see: Synch. So, if the plot called for it, yes, Remy could come back with enhanced abilities. I am guessing Scott came back with the visor and Karma came back with a metal leg because it was a personal choice. Gambit would likely make it his personal choice not to have New Sun powers.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2022, 09:51:05 AM »

The classification is stupid. It's like an endless argument between two thirteen year old boys over which superhero would win in a fight. Having amazing powers is fun and all, but not what makes me love a character.

Only comic book people even know what an 'omega' is alleged. Iceman has been referenced as 'omega' and we never see him use his 'full potential', for whatever writer reason and the only one who tried was Liu. (However, she sort of cheated by using an Apocalypse seed thing.)

Now there is a whole generation of fans who have no idea beyond Teen Wolf and Supernatural the meaning of 'omega' and that the comic book industry vaguely defined that word.

You find that stuff and you get male pregnancy. *smh*

I do agree if Gambit died and came back, no new sun powers, it would be a choice and I can actually see that with the character.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:06:48 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2022, 10:30:46 AM »
Oh I only brought it up because I figured there was no way in Hell any writer would let him have that level of power.  It's not good to have that amount of power for the kind of stories he is in. So either they had to find a way to reduce his powers during the resurrection, not resurrect him, or most likely forget he ever had that kind of potential in the first place.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2022, 09:48:31 PM »

'Omega' is stupid because their powers are just whatever the plot calls for. Supposedly Captain Britain can fly, but in the last issue of KoX, she's hanging upside down by her legs from a ledge. b***h, can't you fly? Don't you have TK or something? Magneto can terraform a planet, but not push a metal space station into the sun. Why? because it gives him a headache. Jamie Braddock can birth a space station, but not stop Merlyn's army "because reality is too thin." What???

In Excalibur, Gambit can catch missiles and absorb them, I guess. Or like, make a bullet vanish? It's all just: whatever. If he could suddenly generate magic exploding kittens, it wouldn't surprise me.

But I guess if I'm going to be serious for one brief moment, I'd say the resurrections seem to make mutants stronger, see: Synch. So, if the plot called for it, yes, Remy could come back with enhanced abilities. I am guessing Scott came back with the visor and Karma came back with a metal leg because it was a personal choice. Gambit would likely make it his personal choice not to have New Sun powers.

...wait did Karma die and come back without her legs? That was an example, right? That didn't actually happen, right?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2022, 08:27:32 AM »
Pretty sure she was killed by Dani in the Crucible, then came back right before the Gala, and yes, she chose to be an amputee.

So I am assuming Scott chooses to come back brain damaged! :D

There was a very brief discussion between NorthStar and Kyle about resurrecting mutants without phycological trauma, too. I think it touched on our experiences making us who we are versus not having so many mentally ill mutants.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2022, 04:25:54 PM »
Read X-Men 9,10 and 11.
Agree with NicoPony that it leads to Gambit.
Well it should be if Duggan just won't troll us again because Duggan can't be trusted.

I have a theory to where Duggan ia leading it. Usually I am wrong about such things but now may be righ so

WARNING FOR POSSILE SPOILERS.

1 Gambit has Dauterman Gala design so he will join a new Duggan X-Men roster.
Kox will end up a 5 issue mini as amazon says.

2 Higher Evolutionary is the main villain of Duggan's story and will be revealed  as Sinister with Spades.
It is rumored that Higher Evolutionary created Rocket Racoon. In ssue 11 Rocket was showing a spade ace a few times.

3 Gambit will be revealed as Sinister with Heart. Probably the one from 4 Sinisters who got the most humanity.
That is why Destiny hates him.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:27:27 PM by purplevit »

NicoPony

« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2022, 06:24:50 PM »
Ahhh… number two is an interesting connection I did not put together but makes a lot of sense!

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2022, 08:22:43 PM »
That would be nice, seeing how Gambit has been at best a Christmas tree ornament in the main story for so long I stopped paying attention to it other than buying the occasional book that he shows up in when you guys say something here.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2022, 03:01:54 PM »
Gambit 2 Dauterman Gala variant

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2022, 05:33:42 PM »
Nice, though I always thought the Krakoa trees were creepy looking. :p

I like the theory, seems to fit, you are also right that Dugan is a troll, so can’t be sure…

NicoPony

« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2022, 05:51:00 PM »
I am scared the only reason Gambit has a Gala outfit is bc he dies in Otherworld and gets resurrected on Krakoa while the rest of the team is trapped in Fairytown.

My guesses are always wrong so I hope by saying this out loud it makes it not happen.

We should’ve had one issue of the Gambit solo at least by now and instead we’re waiting til the end of July.