Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 6309 times)

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2022, 07:39:24 AM »

That's a joke... Right?

I crack myself up.

Offline cajunpirate

• Thief
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2022, 02:40:00 PM »
I'll be wearing my Gambit socks to the funeral. For a pair of your own...

https://rockemsocks.com/collections/x-men

edit for link via the mod. LOL
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 04:55:24 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Chizlett

• Wanderer
  • Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2022, 07:56:05 PM »
I was not prepared for this issue, and now I'm paranoid for the brand new Gambit.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2022, 03:43:08 PM »

Don't you bring Remydat into this. He's busy enjoying his kid. No need to sully that... My concern isn't Gambit's death... It's that when mutants die in Otherworld, when they are brought back - they are different. Sometimes drastically. Most often mentally and psychologically completely different... Have you seen Rockslide lately? Or Gorgon?

I didn't know Remydat had a kid - Congrats to him and family.

No, I haven't seen Rockslide or Gorgon. I've been MIA for a long time despite keeping this place rolling.
At least its 'Otherworld', not sure what it means but  ... I'm alright being clueless.
With his death, does it mean his marriage is over?

Don't forget the spoilers for a week, unless this isn't really new. LOL

Firstly, congrats to Remydat, that's wonderful news to hear.
About the spoiler post...
That's my concern too, it's not the death that worries me, (what I've read of the death scene tells me there's much more to play out)...it's what happens afterwards and who writes it. But I think they are trying to fix the Otherworld resurrections in the upcoming stories, and there are a few avenues for Gambit to be restored again, there are theories about the Siege Perilous, the Death persona etc.

Yes had a daughter back in March so 3 months now.  Haven't been around much but figured Gambit was dying soon.  All I can say is thank God and hopefully he stays dead.  Comic book Gambit is dead to me.  My only hope is he shows up in a Marvel TV series as it is clear comic book writers have no love for him.

Also, how long do we figure before Rogue is screwing someone else?  I would bet she waits until the funeral at least.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 03:46:20 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #214 on: Today at 10:39:29 AM »
I was not prepared for this issue, and now I'm paranoid for the brand new Gambit.

If he was going to stay dead, Id be more at ease... my concern is that these hacks will be able to mold him - with all this Death-talk I'm scared they will resurrect what most consider to be Gambit's worst state. Seeing what they did to Rockslide and Gorgon - both of whom also died in Otherworld - I'm not confident.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline NicoPony

• Throwing fangirl tantrums since July 25, 2012.
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Gumbo, Do Do, and Go Go
« Reply #215 on: Today at 11:47:32 AM »
Seems fitting that the current most terrible X-Writer should directly reference the last most terrible X-Writer of all time. Like matching bookends, she brought back the whiny, annoying, incompetent Rogue-obsessed Gambit from days of yore.

Rumor has it this trainwreck finally derails at #5. I pray Howard finds work elsewhere, writing D&D manuals or something she will enjoy and might be good at. And that whatever Gambit comes back as, it’s under someone else’s pen. Because having this other Death personality Gambit has been repressing come out of hiding could be interesting, but not if Howard is in charge. And maybe explain why he’s had no spine, personality or spark for so long, if he’s shutting down all the thoughts/feelings that make him less desirable to Rogue.