Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 117690 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2022, 05:32:15 PM »
The Reddit spoiler thread says this is for Echo, who was part of Kingpins ‘crime family’, but left. So another crime family being involved could work. So Echo maybe using the assassins guild? (The character sounds like Julien.)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2022, 03:26:18 AM »
"New casting calls for an ‘Untitled Marvel Studios Show’ might hint at Gambit & his adoptive parents making their debut in the MCU."

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/status/1544405288350015488?s=20&t=FtBClH3mswt9_v005iE0CA

It sounds like Julian and Boudreaux family. Interesting that you won't find Mrs. Boudreaux as boss in comics, but she was a leader of assassins in Tatum`s Gambit script.
I can see the Assassins Guild to be introduced in ECHO as a teaser for Gambit and his later introduction. We will have Kingpin, Daredevil and Jessica Jones in ECHO already.

Also X-Men 12 tells that Stasis is original Essex.
So baby Gambit before he was turned into a beautiful mutant?

NicoPony

« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2022, 07:38:38 AM »
Also X-Men 12 tells that Stasis is original Essex.
So baby Gambit before he was turned into a beautiful mutant?

I gasped when I saw the reveal. BABY ADAM!!!

I'd assumed from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix that Adam died of a congenital defect. But maybe he was a mutant and his mutation killed him?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2022, 08:30:29 AM »

I gasped when I saw the reveal. BABY ADAM!!!

I'd assumed from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix that Adam died of a congenital defect. But maybe he was a mutant and his mutation killed him?

Or maybe child was dying as human. Essex wanted him to be alive and turned into mutant. Mutant baby became very beautiful and not broken.

Original Essex tried experiment on himself first and created Diamond Sinister. Experiment succeeded so he made the same experiment on dead or dying son. But son was stollen by Guilds and raised to become Gambit. Or maybe clubs and diamond Sinisters are both results of the experinment.

Adam Essex is my head canon Gambit. Will see next week.

If Gambit will join new X-Men team at Gala then maybe Duggan really has some Gambit/Sinister plans. If not, then Remy is doomed for eternity with Howard.

NicoPony

« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2022, 08:58:51 AM »
Or maybe child was dying as human. Essex wanted him to be alive and turned into mutant. Mutant baby became very beautiful and not broken.

Original Essex tried experiment on himself first and created Diamond Sinister. Experiment succeeded so he made the same experiment on dead or dying son. But son was stollen by Guilds and raised to become Gambit. Or maybe clubs and diamond Sinisters are both results of the experinment.

Adam Essex is my head canon Gambit. Will see next week.

If Gambit will join new X-Men team at Gala then maybe Duggan really has some Gambit/Sinister plans. If not, then Remy is doomed for eternity with Howard.

Learning that the casting was for Echo and not a Gambit Disney+ series followed by the fact Howard is allowed to continue writing at Marvel was the one-two punch I didn't need when I was already down.

It's bad enough she thoroughly trashed his character and then killed him off as she's concluding KoX at #5. She says after the book's conclusion it's a "massive pivot."  I do not anticipate she is changing her writing style after 30 issues of the same old same old, when it is her conviction that people are "loving the book." (<-this is from her Substack).

She is taking Betsy with her wherever she goes, which I hope is far far away from Gambit, or any other character really. Just give her Betsy with Betsy clones and Betsy Duck to talk to. I feel bad for Rachel. Why am I thinking the "pivot" is just going to be another relaunch of Excalibur with Howard at the helm?

It's sad when I squint to see threads connecting Sinister to Gambit, when I DON'T REALLY want them to be biologically related, but just want Gambit rescued from Howard and am hoping even Duggan will take him.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2022, 09:04:20 AM »
It was just my theory about Gambit and Sinister.
I usually completely wrong with predictions so it is nothing to worry about;)

At least we have Claremont's Gambit mini. I hope it is good.

It seems Marvel will bring big announcements for next  years projects for SDCC or D23 this year.
If it is really Julian and Assassins in Echo then we may have some Gambit news soon too.

Offline hairlesscat

• Master Thief
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »

Learning that the casting was for Echo and not a Gambit Disney+ series followed by the fact Howard is allowed to continue writing at Marvel was the one-two punch I didn't need when I was already down.

Hey, don't lose hope, Nico! If anything, this casting call gives me hope for Gambit's future in the MCU. Sure it sounds like Julien Boudreaux and his parents, but that just means they are taking the time to develop Gambit's milieu before they even introduce him. If there is an Assassins' Guild, there has to be a Thieves' Guild. And they aren't going to give us the Thieves' Guild without Gambit. I know you were concerned that Gambit might not be a thief in the MCU. But I think this shows there is a good chance he will be. And judging by Julien's age, we may get to see Gambit's banishment from the Guild. Turn that frown upside-down!!!

... Have I convinced you yet? LOL!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 09:26:49 AM by hairlesscat »

NicoPony

« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2022, 02:53:05 PM »
Hey, don't lose hope, Nico! If anything, this casting call gives me hope for Gambit's future in the MCU. Sure it sounds like Julien Boudreaux and his parents, but that just means they are taking the time to develop Gambit's milieu before they even introduce him. If there is an Assassins' Guild, there has to be a Thieves' Guild. And they aren't going to give us the Thieves' Guild without Gambit. I know you were concerned that Gambit might not be a thief in the MCU. But I think this shows there is a good chance he will be. And judging by Julien's age, we may get to see Gambit's banishment from the Guild. Turn that frown upside-down!!!

... Have I convinced you yet? LOL!

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2022, 11:13:56 PM »
What the hell is Echo?

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2022, 01:05:35 PM »
So are we all secretly agreeing to pretend Gambit is not in the AXE preview? That outfit and what he's doing is so ridiculous for a minute I thought one of Sinister's Gambit clones from when he fought the Phoenix 5 somehow got outside.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2022, 10:24:13 PM »
What the hell is Echo?
Lol, she’s a daredevil character, who showed up in the Hawkeye Disney plus series. She worked for Kingpin, until she found out he had her father killed. She getting a Disney plus series now, because Fiege has been able to make D-list character movie stars and he’s getting drunk on his sense of power. He’s trying to make every no name character that passes his fancy famous, while ignoring proven commodities like, say the X-men.  ;D

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2022, 01:59:16 AM »
Lol, she’s a daredevil character, who showed up in the Hawkeye Disney plus series. She worked for Kingpin, until she found out he had her father killed. She getting a Disney plus series now, because Fiege has been able to make D-list character movie stars and he’s getting drunk on his sense of power. He’s trying to make every no name character that passes his fancy famous, while ignoring proven commodities like, say the X-men.  ;D

Thanks. That all sounds pretty accurate to how things have been going. I haven't watched a lot of the more recent Marvel stuff. I just can't. So some of the Boudreaux's are going to be in this show possibly? Damn, if the show is awful, it could definitely wind up hurting a possible Gambit show or their inclusion in a Gambit-centric story in the future. This stuff depresses me. :-\

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2022, 04:49:10 AM »
Gala leak confirms that Gambit is NOT on new Duggan's team.

NicoPony

« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2022, 10:56:39 AM »
So are we all secretly agreeing to pretend Gambit is not in the AXE preview? That outfit and what he's doing is so ridiculous for a minute I thought one of Sinister's Gambit clones from when he fought the Phoenix 5 somehow got outside.

gambit wearing crazy clothing is part of his charm. 'yeah i am dressed in clownpants today, but you're still picturing me without clownpants or any pants at all.'

Thanks. That all sounds pretty accurate to how things have been going. I haven't watched a lot of the more recent Marvel stuff. I just can't. So some of the Boudreaux's are going to be in this show possibly? Damn, if the show is awful, it could definitely wind up hurting a possible Gambit show or their inclusion in a Gambit-centric story in the future. This stuff depresses me. :-\

i don't know the characters in most of the disney+ shows but i am still enjoying some of them and think they're done well. it's 50/50 for me.

wandavision was great. i enjoyed moonknight. i think ms. marvel is also quite good. for echo, anything with D'Onofrio as Kingpin in it will likely be awesome. daredevil greatly benefitted from having Kingpin in the show. if it does intro the Thieves Guild this way, then it could only be a good thing. now, as a caveat, from what i hear comic book Black Cat and Spiderman are using the thieves/assassins guild in their corner of the universe more than x-men have, which is really disappointing.

on the other hand, haven't watched any of hawkeye, i just do not like that renner guy. maybe someone can talk me into watching it. loki was too confusing for me, not to knock the show, this is on me. anything time-travel i just can't get my head around. and i thought the other one with with winter soldier wasn't enough to hold my interest, even tho some of it takes place in NOLA (i think?).

Gala leak confirms that Gambit is NOT on new Duggan's team.

i didn't expect him to show up there, but its officially ruled out now. i actually have no expectations for him to show up in any book aside from his solo. he dead.

think it'll be another 6-10 year hiatus for me after the Gambit/Stormy solo.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2022, 05:40:34 PM »
All of this is my view, not really thoughts to anyone in particular.

While I would want a show for Gambit, I would want Nicieza to be involved. He had stated in several interviews that a TV show would work best for him and I believe.

Wandavision, I know people liked it but the laugh track drove me away. I absolutely dislike that sort of thing. It ruined my re-watch of M.A.S.H. and a few other shows.

I tried Moon Knight and the whole multiple personality type thing like Legion (another show I quit early on), was not something I wanted to follow. I don't want to spend that kind of time figuring it out what is going on or who is actually in charge. For Legion and me, too much "Pink Floyd - the Wall".

I didn't watch Hawkeye either for no reason other lack of interest.
I have watch the superhero mix with Punisher, and gang. It was alright.

I think Disney+ can pull off some entertaining shows even if I pass on some of them. They certainly have the talent with showrunners to do so. It's which project they make to get an audience.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 05:59:39 PM by Nekobaghira »