Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2022  (Read 142949 times)

NicoPony

Re: Gambit Watch 2022
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2022, 10:47:07 AM »
A chatty Cajun and some action scenes - really doesn't take much to make a Gambit fan happy, does it? Thought it was a great mid-point story leading to the final event with Lila.

My favorite part was at the end was jealous Stormy sulking because of Gambit's 'fling' with Marissa. So cute. Storm is quite the little terror as a child.  ;D  The pre-teen voice is totally on point. "It's not fair!" "I will destroy you!" I think I hear both of these things on a weekly basis from my own kid.

After years of bad writing, I was ready that Gambit would need to be saved or help from Marissa or Ro to defeat Warhawk. No, Claremont delivered.

All the characters get a moment to shine and show what they're best at. I miss this kind of storytelling, especially when it comes to Gambit. He's usually the comic relief or is made to look an idiot so other characters can look awesome and capable in comparison. So, naturally I was worried Gambit would trip on his coat and fall flat on his face while someone called him stupid and saved him. But have no fear! Claremont is here! Thank you CC!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 11:46:20 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2022, 11:07:59 AM »
Yeah, Gambit fans don't need a lot to be happy:)

Loved that kid Storm moment too. Gambit is fun here, but he is not a joke. Kid Storm is a great Robin for Gambit and she adds fun flavour to dynamic.

Yes. I loved that everyone had their time to shine. Even Warhawk wasnt a moron and figured out diversion and used the same trick on Remy. I liked that.

I am sold on Kotian art. It is very dynamic and alive.
In his interview, he told:
"The spirit of this series is buck wild and it’s just the beginning! I know Chris has so much more in store for Gambit but the reader’s will really have to support the mini and let the decision makers know they want more. I know I want more. I wish I was drawing more Gambit and Ro right now!

So I hope this mini will sell enough and we will have more Gambit minis or even ongoing. Would be cool not to wait 10 years to get a new solo.

ALso Deadpool 3 announced for 2024 with Jackmans Wolverine. I am in minoriti and it probably won`t happen but I really hope that Tatum as Gambit will have some role there. I think it is his only chance.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 11:47:51 AM by Nekobaghira »

NicoPony

« Reply #347 on: September 28, 2022, 11:15:22 AM »
In the Wham! Jitterbug themed follow-up to yesterday's DP announcement, who is pictured in the final photo standing with Reynolds? I don't know actors/celebrities very well.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #348 on: September 28, 2022, 11:50:24 AM »
But have no fear! Claremont is here! Thank you CC!!!
If anyone knows the Cajun best, its CC. He helped create him. Gambit needs to not be in the hands of people who don't get him. Or editors who don't care.
*happy dance*

edit: and CC isn't catering to any particular character, or so it seems, he's on his game.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 06:45:55 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #349 on: September 28, 2022, 11:59:26 AM »
In the Wham! Jitterbug themed follow-up to yesterday's DP announcement, who is pictured in the final photo standing with Reynolds? I don't know actors/celebrities very well.

It is Deadpool 3 director.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2022, 12:00:49 PM »
If anyone knows the Cajun best, its CC. He helped create him. Gambit needs to not be the hands of people who don't get him. Or editors who don't care.
*happy dance*

edit: and CC isn't catering to any particular character, or so it seems, he's on his game.

Yes. Gambit sounds really good and the accent is easy to read. It was a fun issue and ended small arc in a great way.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #351 on: September 29, 2022, 07:31:15 AM »
I can actually see Tatum/Gambit in Deadpool 3. If it's based on the Multiverse.

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #352 on: September 29, 2022, 01:37:18 PM »
I think a Deadpool movie is a poor first introduction of Gambit into the MCU. I honestly don't like anyone in a silly Deadpool movie. I think bringing Hugh back for it is a dumb idea and I think this multiverse crap is really muddying the waters.

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2022, 08:31:34 AM »
I think a Deadpool movie is a poor first introduction of Gambit into the MCU. I honestly don't like anyone in a silly Deadpool movie. I think bringing Hugh back for it is a dumb idea and I think this multiverse crap is really muddying the waters.

I am glad I am not the only one that feels that way.  I am really not liking all the multiverse stuff in the MCU, and bringing back actors from non-MCU movies.  I truly do love a lot of those older movies and a lot of the actors in them, but I don't want them forced into the MCU.  Spider-Man Far from Home and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness were the first MCU movies I did not see in theaters, and after seeing them on Disney + I did not regret missing them in the cinemas.  Both their previous solo movies left me super excited about their next movie and where they could take things to expand on these characters and their mythos, but I lost pretty much all my interest once I started seeing news article after news article talking about them bringing back characters from the old movies.  The end results confirmed my apprehensions for me personally.  The Spider-Man film felt like a Sony film(and not only because of the old cast), especially with that terrible ending, and undid all the interesting new directions and relationships the two previous movies had built up.  And the Strange film wasted all its time with Scarlet Witch, America Chavez, and all the alternate reality characters when Doctor Strange has so, so many cool and interesting villains, allies, and storylines in the comics that the movie could have drawn on and explored.  So disappointing!  At least there is hope for the next movie with Clea introduced.

NicoPony

« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2022, 09:08:43 PM »
Oh man, now I got to know 40+ movies, 20 different tv shows, AND now be responsible for having watched all the Fox and Sony movies too? This sucks, this is like trying to get into comic books for the first time all over again. I haven’t seen a Spider-Man movie since the first what’s his face did them (I don’t know actors names, sorry. Tony Macguire is want to say his name is, but that ought be a Tom Cruise movie I saw). Except for Into the Spiderverse, which is my favorite comic movie of all time. I don’t want to watch those XMen movies, I feel embarrassed when I watch them, like I have to apologize to my SO that they exist. I won’t be forgiven for having him take me to see Daredevil on our anniversary.

We watched League of Superpets for family movie night Friday and Lex Luther was fantasizing about what all superpowers he could get from being exposed to the orange kryptonite, and he’s like: “I could get laser eyes…or maybe I’ll throw playing cards really hard!”   ;D  There’s some other Marvel jokes peppered in but mostly it’s making fun of how serious Batman is. I didn’t hate it.

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2022, 05:33:38 AM »
Preview - GAMBIT #4 (OF 5) (RES)
In Shops: Oct 12, 2022
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG220854
Click on images to magnify to full size!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:54:04 AM by Icefanatic »

Offline killphil

• Master Thief
« Reply #356 on: October 07, 2022, 06:36:12 PM »
Didn't we just get issue 3 last week? Not that I'm complaining or anything. This series has been great so far. Love that Gambit reads like his old self again. And loving the way the artist gets all the little details correct. From Gambit's costume details as originally designed by Jim Lee: purple stripes on right leg only, the shape of his knee pad "diamonds" being chevrons instead, and the 4 purple stripes on the sleeves underneath the jacket.

Plus I loved that we got an explanation to the functionality and color choices of his uniform. Also his backup uniform being the X-Treme X-Men outfit was such a cool easter egg. I wonder who is making all these artistic choices? Is it Claremont dictating what he wants to Kotian or is the artist doing it on his own? Love it either way.

NicoPony

« Reply #357 on: October 09, 2022, 11:20:40 AM »

Rogue & Gambit comic coming March 2023! Stephanie Phillips - don’t know her, but am overjoyed TH is not involved.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 11:23:31 AM by NicoPony »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #358 on: October 09, 2022, 12:13:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/AIPTcomics/status/1579126918997475328?t=OhcwgZifbIReZi9DK51CoA&s=19

Yeah.. Steph Smash... Marvel is going to Marvel, so I'm apprehensive. From her writing experience this is probably going to be another Rogue-centric book. Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman and apparently a PhD. Good on her. Benefit of the doubt but the X-office has a thing for downplaying Gambit whether he's next Rogue or not. Cynical, yes. But they did this to me.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

NicoPony

« Reply #359 on: October 09, 2022, 01:02:39 PM »
Pretty much goes without saying that it’ll be Rogue-centric but I hope this means the end of Gambit as village idiot. Why would you have a smart powerful woman paired with a total moron? I am hopeful because she is a Parks and Rec fan, Leslie and Ben are my absolute favorite fictional couple. Sexy Smart Funny Romance, please!