Author Topic: PurpleVit  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Greens

• Horseman
PurpleVit
« on: March 04, 2022, 01:56:58 PM »
Hello friends, don't know how many of you remember me (Hi Neko :) ) but I used to post often when I used to read comics and as such many of us have become friends over the years.

Anyway, many of you are friends with PurpleVit and as you may know, Ukraine is being invaded by Putin right now and things are very difficult for the Ukrainians. PurpleVit and his family are from Ukraine. He wanted me to post his regards to Anya, Neko and you all really. Things are rough and tough right now over there so I ask please keep him and his family in your prayers (no offence meant if irreligious).

Heard from him today and the situation is bad so, if okay, remember him in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you,
Greens
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 01:40:35 AM by Greens »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: From PurpleVit
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 02:09:20 PM »
Hello Greens,
I have not heard from him but I do see him do 'likes' on twitter. That is the most I got. I'll send him a tweet and get back.
And yes, in my prayers and thoughts. :)

N
Edit: I did a search. He's hasn't been here since Feb 22nd and Twitter Feb 26th. I still tweeted him since I'm sure he uses his phone for that. Hoping for all the best.
Thanks for the update, I totally mis-read but got it now. I'll call it an age thing
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:09:35 PM by Nekobaghira »

NicoPony

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 02:23:18 PM »
thank you for the news, greens. it just shows what a kind and thoughtful person Purp is that he would take the time to give us an update. i hate to bug him and try and put MY thoughts at ease, when it's him and his family suffering. all my best, and if there is some way i could contribute, please let me know.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 11:01:23 PM »
Dang, I was wondering how Purp was doing with everything going on but I'm glad that someone has heard from him. I hope he and his family are well and all of this will end soon

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 01:39:49 AM »
Hi Neko, it's good to speak with you again. I maintain you are the nicest and most accommodating site owner I know online  :)

Thank you for checking all of your resources, much appreciated.

NicoPony and bark_no_byte, thank you for all you said. BTW, I apologize for not naming everyone individually but the post was meant for everyone on GG.

Thank you all for your support. If I should hear anything more or anything, I will be sure to post.

Take care,
Greens

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: PurpleVit
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 11:54:43 AM »
Thanks, Greens.  I’ll keep him in my prayers and hope this is over soon. :/ Like NicoPony said, if there is anything I can contribute, just say so.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 04:12:59 PM »
Anything you hear Greens - would be greatly appreciated. I'm glad he reached out to you. *hugs*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:34:18 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 08:57:08 PM »
Thoughts go out to purplevit. I couldn't even imagine what's he's going through right now. Hope we hear from him soon.

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 11:15:42 AM »
Yeah, keeping Purplevit in my thoughts too.  I hope he is okay.  I have missed his posts on the boards here and at cbr.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 11:19:00 AM »
I was just talking about him to my co-workers this morning. Praying for his safety.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 02:06:32 AM »
Thanks for the update on Purplevit. I noticed I hadn't seen him posting at CBR or here for a bit and thought maybe he was unwell. Totally blanked he was from Ukraine. Thanks to the magic of the internet many of us 'know' people from various places around the world, and can even call some of them friend. It makes time like these that much harder. 'Vit is in my prayers as well as all the people of Ukraine.

Edit: I did a search. He's hasn't been here since Feb 22nd and Twitter Feb 26th. I still tweeted him since I'm sure he uses his phone for that. Hoping for all the best.Thanks for the update, I totally mis-read but got it now. I'll call it an age thing

He's since retweeted something from March 3rd and logged in without posting at CBR on March 4th.

I feel like a stalker.  :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 09:52:15 AM »
He's since retweeted something from March 3rd and logged in without posting at CBR on March 4th.

I feel like a stalker.  :)
LOL - he's a good guy, we can't help ourselves. And I'm glad you caught that, it means he's somewhere and I hope he is safe. Stalk away as far as I'm concerned. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2022, 10:08:02 AM »
Hello everyone and thank you all for kind words and support.
Situation in Ukraine is very bad but army is doing best what they can.
Finally took back my wife from hospital and transported her to a place that right now is safe.
Hoping for better but ready for worse. This monsters from russia are bombing people, schools, hospitals, everything.
Ukraine really need no-fly zone but it seems nobody will help with it.

I can't be online often. Thank you all for support, friends.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 11:16:27 AM »
Take care of yourself and your family, Purp. :)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2022, 12:46:56 PM »
Good to hear from you again Purp, be safe and for your family as well.