Author Topic: Sci-fi and Fantasy books  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Sci-fi and Fantasy books
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2022, 09:52:59 AM »
I play Star-Trek Online. Mostly due to a gaming bud. Not my favorite game but I try. I don't like my character's looks but what can you do. And my character name is (so, not neko-ish), its bleh. I'll change it at some point.

Anyway, I am really not very good at it, (all of my game buds say, "don't think that way, or you'll believe it, just think positively." Good Buds, right?) They're not wrong but.... there are days with that game.

My 'main' game bud and I remembered - key binds for my mouse. Why it took us almost a year to think of that, no clue and hubby will help if need be. Hubby and 'main' game bud always know how to get my mouse in the correct game play. They work well together too! The three of us have been friends for a long time. Fixing it - so 'main' game bud doesn't have to tell me how to play all the time. LOL. I am not sure I like the game, but if the key binds work, I'll get through it as it were.

Side Note- computer guys/gals unite! Don't know many gals but I know they are out there!

edit: Elder Scrolls Online. I can play it. But again with the darn mouse. My goal always ... Point A to Point B. Love my cat character.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 10:59:28 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Greens

• Horseman
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2022, 10:44:16 AM »

Side Note- computer guys/gals unite! Don't know many gals but I know they are out there!

:cheers:  Agreed. Thanks Neko (for everything).

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2022, 09:12:33 PM »
I got a new sci-fi book, and already - I skipped one chapter. *Sigh*

I'm trying not to roll through it by reading a line here or there. It's hard though, its not keeping my interest. I might have to let it sit for a bit and revisit it. At least it wasn't expensive and has a lot of chapters. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2022, 06:28:48 AM »
Greens books are awesome. Give them a try ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2022, 08:01:19 AM »
I probably should give those books a try, Purplevit.
Maybe something completely different is a good thing.  ;)

Back to the book I'm reading, when I skip a chapter I end up going back for some info. Which I'm almost at the point of doing but can't get myself there yet. I'll let it sit for a bit. I find when I do that, I can go back with more interest. Funny thing, I know - but I can skip chapters easily with books. I would guess authors wouldn't like knowing something like that. LOL
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 12:11:36 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2022, 09:37:12 PM »
The Disney+ show 'Andor' is really good, right up there with the 'Mandalorian'. I already know with out announcement that 'Andor' will most likely get a season two.

As for books .... still working on my 'Ghostaniaz' by Tessa Dawn.
 :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 08:15:40 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2023, 08:37:12 AM »
I know its not a book or it is and adapted.
Tulsa King with Sylvester Stallone. It is very gripping. Mob oriented story telling like the 'Godfather' - I'd binge though. These streaming services doing once a week thing is annoying after Netflix and others put entire seasons out.

LOL - still working on 'Ghost'.