Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2023  (Read 106116 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Gambit Watch 2023
« on: November 03, 2022, 05:34:56 PM »
I never liked the Brood but its awesome he's in another book. How was the appearance?

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2023
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 01:21:16 PM »
The Codependent line is a nice sentiment but definitely not consistent with their history as particularly with Rogue she tended to be upset when Gambit kept things from her. I can only imagine her reaction if Gambit had run off to space without telling her. But I suppose I am a bit jaded as still not sold on Romy but I suppose we will see if Gambit does anything useful in this arc.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 01:29:20 PM »
https://screenrant.com/xmen-rogue-gambit-best-superhero-couple-romance/

Some might not like this but I think the idea is right. Just the execution doesn't always line up with the idea.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 01:35:24 PM by wantutosigh »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 08:56:11 PM »
Does anyone know if you can get a subscription to Chris Claremont's Xtreme X-Men like you could with the Gambit series?

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 09:05:17 AM »
Does anyone know if you can get a subscription to Chris Claremont's Xtreme X-Men like you could with the Gambit series?
paper/floppy - might be hard to get all of the issues. You can get the collected via Amazon (floppy) and if you aren't adverse to digital, you can get it all via Amazon's Comixology.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2022, 10:52:30 AM »
https://screenrant.com/xmen-rogue-gambit-best-superhero-couple-romance/

Some might not like this but I think the idea is right. Just the execution doesn't always line up with the idea.

LOL when did Mystique and Destiny become "one of the greatest romances of all time"?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 02:15:21 PM »

LOL when did Mystique and Destiny become "one of the greatest romances of all time"?
I'd like to know that too, it was stated and no back story. Crazy.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 06:26:05 AM »
I liked Gambit 5. It wasn't my favorite issue from series (probably because issue 4 was S-Tier) but it gave book a satisfying ending.
Overall this mini for me was very enjoying and much much better than I expected after announcement.

Gambit and Marissa romance was written really good. She is a very likable, kind and strong character.

Gambit and Bounty from fight to friends is my favorite part. Great duo.

Gambit h2h skills were portrayed really good here and would like this mini to be a mandatory to read for future writers that are going to write Gambit.

The only real thing for me that missed from this story is huge explosions and creative use of powers. Gambit charged only cards here and it is always a missed oportunity because everything around him is a weapon.
But it is not a real problem because Gambit was skilled enough that he didn't even needed powers.

P. S. Looooved how Remy unlocked a space gun and I hope that last page and words by Mark Basso Editor means that we will get a second mini folow up or ongoing with the same creative team.

I would rate my favorite Gambit solos:
1. Nicieza/Skroce - Forever my favorite

2. Howard/Weeks - Noone created such a rich Gambit world apart from X-Men and iconic Gambit villains as this mini.

3. Claremont/Kotian - Fun story with a great Gambit characterization. More like Gambit in the middle of adventures of other characters.

4. Asmus/Mann - Fun book with the greatest looking Gambit

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 08:10:19 AM »
I forgot it was auto delivered to me! Yay!

Nicieza/Skorce - was awesome. Skorce should have never left the series. He did do the story boards for the Matrix (fun fact).

Howard/Weeks - holds a special place in my heart, they introduced me to comic book Gambit. And a work bud bought some of the books for me as it was already out and I didn't even know about it.

Asmus/Mann will always be a favorite of mine. Asmus/Mann are such nice guys and Mann's art is beautiful.

I also like David/Di Giandomenico -  (more the artist than the writer, David had issues.) -that artist drew an amazing Gambit and was quick with his work. Only one issue of X-Factor drawn by someone else. Of course X-Factor (2) had its failings (David's story telling) but the art was nice.

Anka's style while clunky to me, still had its charm.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 07:58:02 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 06:02:20 PM »
There’s a rumor going on that Channing Tatum might be in Deadpool 3. Honestly, I don’t know, this ship has sailed a long time ago.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2022, 12:59:50 PM »
There’s a rumor going on that Channing Tatum might be in Deadpool 3. Honestly, I don’t know, this ship has sailed a long time ago.

It's funny, I was just thinking how with all this "multiverse" crap they are leading up to with secret wars, and the rumors of all the old characters, like the FOX-Men and Spider-Men coming back for the big finale, I thought maybe they can throw Channing Tatum as Gambit in there. Just so he can finally play the character if only for a cameo. And give Gambit fans something to have fun with.

But putting Gambit in Deadpool 3 sounds like a bad idea. Why? So Deadpool can just make fun of him and Wolverine at the same time? Sorry but if Gambit comes off looking like a clown in that movie it can completely ruin his chances to be in a proper solo or team movie later. It would be the characters first introduction and anticipation for Gambit can be completely squandered given his portrayal in a silly Deadpool movie. He's not Colossus where you can just make a joke out of him and everyone's fine with it.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 08:25:07 PM »
https://thefwoosh.com/2022/11/hasbro-marvel-legends-uncanny-x-men-275-gambit-reveal/

Love this figure. I will definitely be getting it. Needs the coat though.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 06:15:29 PM »
https://youtu.be/cav8hUBHEZ0

This is a fan film just came out. It's  Romy centric. So you Romy haters might hate it but I thought it was done decently well and clearly with love.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 06:17:51 PM by wantutosigh »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2022, 01:37:25 PM »

It's funny, I was just thinking how with all this "multiverse" crap they are leading up to with secret wars, and the rumors of all the old characters, like the FOX-Men and Spider-Men coming back for the big finale, I thought maybe they can throw Channing Tatum as Gambit in there. Just so he can finally play the character if only for a cameo. And give Gambit fans something to have fun with.

But putting Gambit in Deadpool 3 sounds like a bad idea. Why? So Deadpool can just make fun of him and Wolverine at the same time? Sorry but if Gambit comes off looking like a clown in that movie it can completely ruin his chances to be in a proper solo or team movie later. It would be the characters first introduction and anticipation for Gambit can be completely squandered given his portrayal in a silly Deadpool movie. He's not Colossus where you can just make a joke out of him and everyone's fine with it.

Tatum is pretty passionate about the character. He and Reynolds and of course Jackman are friends. I don't think they plan to humiliate the character - they may actually be using this as a bully pulpit to get specific takes at least going. While Deadpool is a Marvel Studios film - it may not be a main MCU franchise, at least not at first. If this works out - they may just grant Deadpool its own lane and merge them after their "Secret Wars" event films
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2022, 04:58:18 PM »
Look everyone! Married folk hijinks with Gambit in Magneto colors!

Pretty sure if I did this to my wife in public it'd be a problem...