Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2023  (Read 106704 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2023
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2022, 10:46:41 AM »
Look everyone! Married folk hijinks with Gambit in Magneto colors!

Pretty sure if I did this to my wife in public it'd be a problem...
no kidding, acid in the eyes. WTF. I know it'd be a problem if I did that to my hubby.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2022, 11:58:28 AM »
I think it comes down to imagination. I don't think these writers understand what marriage is. It's not long-term roommates. This little scene shows me all I need to know about Leah William's views. I can't help but wonder if they included those Magneto colors as another shot at Gambit- she did write a Magneto-centric book with Scarlet Witch, that whole trial nonsense. I really think these writers are super salty about these two being married and are just itching to have Rogue out there hopping from relationship to relationship as she was post-AvX.

The only person that seems to be able to write them believably is KT. Yeah, way too Rogue-centric, but it wasn't this. Or Gambit sitting around a tree house cooking, or playing cards in the basement, or randomly stealing things "for attention", or whatever the @#@$ was happening in Excalibur. This is small, but... cmon. Not cool. I could take this after having Gambit used well over a decent period of time. But tacked onto the Racky Lebeau levels of nonsense we have had to endure?

Beautiful art spoiled by a horribly written scene.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2022, 03:40:18 PM »
Guys relax. Orange team plays baseball vs purple/red team. Gambit is a part of purple/red team.

Gambit has small role but a good written one in X-Treme #2 that gives a hope for a bigger role for him in this mini. I was glad to see him as Wild Card again.
He is front and center on the cover of issue 5 so hopefully he will do something cool. Claremont is still awesome.

I hope everyone is fine and I wish all you a great 2023!
Stay safe and be happy!

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2022, 04:51:49 PM »
Purp! Good to hear from you!

Glad the extreme appearance was good. The exterminator mini was just very juvenile and ridiculous all  around. There were constant jokes about dazzler’s butt and one panel that had boom boom blasting her explosions from her boobs.. so squirting juice boxes is par for course here…

Offline Varia

• Journeyman
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2022, 12:18:42 PM »
I think it comes down to imagination. I don't think these writers understand what marriage is. It's not long-term roommates.

Definitely comes down to imagination. Which a lot of writers, unfortunately, either don't have or are afraid to reach for, so they go for the laziest easiest solution to inject conflict and drama... or really flat attempts at humor.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2022, 10:13:23 AM »
Guys relax. Orange team plays baseball vs purple/red team. Gambit is a part of purple/red team.

Gambit has small role but a good written one in X-Treme #2 that gives a hope for a bigger role for him in this mini. I was glad to see him as Wild Card again.
He is front and center on the cover of issue 5 so hopefully he will do something cool. Claremont is still awesome.

I hope everyone is fine and I wish all you a great 2023!
Stay safe and be happy!

Feels more like Gambit getting cuckolded by a writer that coincidentally just came off of a book called "The Trial of Magneto" and writing another book where she focused more on Polaris than most...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2022, 07:22:22 PM »
I don’t know a lot about the writer, besides writing Trial of Magneto, and was it X-Factor with Lorna? But if she did want to imply a ‘cuckold’ moment, she could have done it easier in Trial of Magneto. Some kind of rogneto reference wouldn’t have been entirely out of place there, since it involved Magneto, and X-men team Rogue was on, but she didn’t. Instead, rogue was absent from most of the mini and we find out she was out shopping with gambit, lol (which was a funnier scene than this one, I’ll give you that .) Though, I can’t say if that because the writer didn’t want to write it or because there an editorial gag order on mentioning it, lol. Would not be surprised if that was the case either.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 07:43:42 PM »
I don’t know how many people are reading the captain marvel story, but so far it’s pretty good.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 02:33:54 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 02:13:23 AM »
This is the new thread. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 02:34:22 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2023, 06:48:42 PM »
Some posts get lost in the transfer?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2023, 07:36:49 AM »
@ Don, yeah, I'll see if I can move them or find them. I found what I did, I didn't take all of Nov 2022. It's here now. I missed December and it took a few to figure out the merge. LOL.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 07:47:10 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2023, 06:14:44 PM »
@ Don, yeah, I'll see if I can move them or find them. I found what I did, I didn't take all of Nov 2022. It's here now. I missed December and it took a few to figure out the merge. LOL.

There's a lot of great salty goodness missing! lol

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2023, 10:19:37 PM »
https://comicbook.com/comics/news/rogue-gambit-stephanie-phillips-x-men-interview/#9

Zero expectations but very afraid of the potential character damage.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2023, 01:41:44 PM »
Vague... very vague. I'm sure Rogue will be blameless and Gambit will be off doing the pettiest crap in the world.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2023, 11:05:11 AM »
Vague... very vague. I'm sure Rogue will be blameless and Gambit will be off doing the pettiest crap in the world.

Marvel’s weird overcompensation continues… ‘oh, the fans like the gambit/rogue/destiny interaction? Really, all us guy writers lost interest in rogue when we couldn’t hook her up with our favorite male characters…. We pretty forgot she was part of the family when we keep writing mystique destiny and Kurt, because you know…[size=78%]But that’s not sexist! Look at this cover, she taller than Gambit! [/size]