Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2023  (Read 156901 times)

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
Re: Gambit Watch 2023
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2023, 01:58:36 AM »
Yeah thanks for filling us in WhiteVeils. I had been wondering what was up with our boy.

Question for all: Is "All New X-Factor" with Gambit on the team worth checking out? I've been thinking about picking up the books.

The one with Polaris? Those were dark times.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2023, 04:06:41 AM »
I like Dark X-Men 2 cover. Segovia draws cool Remy.[/size]Also like that he is in his 90s costume.

Earlier Foxe told:Gambit is a primary character and plays a huge role in the plot—maybe second only to Maddie? But I think folks will be surprised by the role he ends up falling into as the series progresses. To me, it’s a natural extension of where he’s come since his debut.So what role Gambit will end up falling into?From cover #2 it seems he will be protacting Gimmik like kid Storm?If team slit up I can see hem leading second group.

[/color]

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2023, 04:10:31 AM »
Yeah thanks for filling us in WhiteVeils. I had been wondering what was up with our boy.

Question for all: Is "All New X-Factor" with Gambit on the team worth checking out? I've been thinking about picking up the books.

All-New X-Factor had some nice moments but overall was a wasted opportunity with no ending.
Gambit had some nice moments with Polaris and Quicksilver but overall he was just there like a POV without big influence.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2023, 09:53:24 AM »

If you mean the one penned by PAD, it started out good but then he became obsessed with new characters he created and lost interest in Gambit.

Purp - better explanation than mine. LOL

edit:below

PAD blamed Gambit for the failure of this book (in interviews - you can find them). He used Gambit as the voice but it was useless in general.

In reality, Marvel was never going to give PAD the pass for a book that they gave him for years with Maddrox. IMO - that series wasn't very good. Once PAD gave up, it was done.

The artist - top notch though - Di Giandomenico. He was praised for his timely work. Kris Anka did the covers.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 02:25:33 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2023, 10:47:00 AM »
Just a few updates.

Captain Marvel issue 50 did not have Gambit in it, focusing just on Carol Danvers  and her 'afterlife'?  Overall, through 49 this was a nice sequence for Gambit: He wasn't the star, but he was a good contributor and even a leader.  Lots of callbacks to old X-Factor (?) days (I think?).  He probably won't be in this series any more.

Rogue and Gambit 4.
Gambit did not 'abandon' Rogue, and was following her to help, which was good and what I thought he was doing.  However, he didn't make it in time. 
From the dialogue and so on, the author is hinting that part of what is going on with Gambit is in response to his recent 'death' in Knights of X, and he's dealing with some sort of trauma and depression.  Not his best look, but it doesn't bother me as bad as some...at least they are pointing to there being a reason for it.  Everyone is wanting Gambit to open up and share his feelings with Rogue, but they're pointing out that she's keeping all sorts of things secret from him. She uses the excuse 'it's just the job', but just because she has an excuse doesn't mean that it's going to not be extremely difficult for Gambit to try to be open with Rogue.

Anyway.

Extreme Xmen ended its arc without really another big moment for Gambit, unfortunately, but he held his own in the fights. Not a central character.

Anyway...don't know if he's in anything else, but trying to keep things updated.

Gambit appeared in Marvel Voices Pride Anthology in Black Cat story. He told that he is not a King anymore and she used Chandra gem that for some reason in Nola to contact Chandra and take her on a date.
Didn't read it.
Just saw a review.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2023, 04:02:23 PM »

All-New X-Factor had some nice moments but overall was a wasted opportunity with no ending.
Gambit had some nice moments with Polaris and Quicksilver but overall he was just there like a POV without big influence.
Ahem, remember the affair? You don't? Good it never happened.

Offline Chizlett

• Wanderer
  • Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2023, 07:14:19 PM »

Gambit appeared in Marvel Voices Pride Anthology in Black Cat story. He told that he is not a King anymore and she used Chandra gem that for some reason in Nola to contact Chandra and take her on a date.
Didn't read it.
Just saw a review.

That's disappointing to hear, he got demoted off panel. For me it feels like this just made the 2012 run of Gambit pointless, they undid all the character growth and changes  :-\

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2023, 03:37:06 PM »
Fall of X trailer:

https://youtu.be/dq9xp_dCa2o

If you freeze that last panel with all the passed out X-Men, our boy Remy is in it unless they got somebody else who dresses like that!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 03:39:44 PM by Zoks »

Offline Chizlett

• Wanderer
  • Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2023, 05:30:04 PM »
Not sure how authentic this is, but rumor has it that both Taylor Kitsch and Channing Tatum is gonna appear on the Deadpool 3 movie. Hopefully not X-force style if it's real. Source 1 2

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2023, 11:35:02 PM »
Not sure how authentic this is, but rumor has it that both Taylor Kitsch and Channing Tatum is gonna appear on the Deadpool 3 movie. Hopefully not X-force style if it's real. Source 1 2

I would not be shocked. It'd be cool to see Tatum get a chance to play Gambit once at least. But I don't want it just to make fun of him. That's what happens to other characters in Deadpool content.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2023, 02:41:38 AM »
It is just a clickbait site. Won't happen.

DP3 is filming right now and Tatum is shaved bold as egg. He can't be a bold Gambit.

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2023, 08:53:47 PM »
I mean, if it's just a cameo he can wear a wig. No big deal really. But I'm skeptical as well. Also, Taylor Kitsch has aged a bit and doesn't really look much like Gambit now either.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2023, 04:58:16 PM »
So the previews of X-Men #24 is out, and Rogue is chatting with Destiny. Makes you wonder what happens between her and Gambit.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2023, 12:23:45 PM »

Didn't read it.
Just saw a review.

Wait, they did @#@$ what?! You know what... don't care. Havent read an X-Men comic in 2 months and have no plans to in the future. Ending all my X-Men subs at my next comic store pickup. That leaves WILDcats only on my pull and that's a limited series. I feel like it's over.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:30:05 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2023, 07:50:53 AM »

Wait, they did @#@$ what?! You know what... don't care. Haven't read an X-Men comic in 2 months and have no plans to in the future. Ending all my X-Men subs at my next comic store pickup. That leaves WILDcats only on my pull and that's a limited series. I feel like it's over.
Ended my subs a few years ago, digital if I'm interested and I've yet to finish the Claremont mini. I'm getting rid of my 'floppies'. I've literally pulled any Gambit books that mattered to me and getting rid of the rest (in any way I can btw).

As for Gambit, he went downhill after Asmus.

What has happened to the industry, I don't understand it and now I'm at the point, like you - I can't care.

Those still reading, keep us up to date. It is appreciated.  :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 08:14:23 AM by Nekobaghira »