Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2023  (Read 156470 times)

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
Re: Gambit Watch 2023
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2023, 04:12:15 PM »
Aside from X-Factor and Mr and Mrs X, when was Gambit recognized as the King of Thieves anyways? Might as well dump the title. It's as impactful as his hypnotic charm power.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2023, 05:16:05 PM »
According to MTTSH (very very reliable leaker), Channing Tatum has already filmed his Gambit cameo in "Deadpool 3" :gambit:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 05:51:15 PM by purplevit »

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2023, 11:16:00 PM »
According to MTTSH (very very reliable leaker), Channing Tatum has already filmed his Gambit cameo in "Deadpool 3" :gambit:

Interesting. Told you it would be easy purp. ;)
Honestly I think bringing the multiverse nonsense to Deadpool 3 is a dumb idea as well. I hate this multivariate crap. Supposedly Ryan Reynolds was not allowed to ad-lib at all during the filming of this movie. :idiot2:  Isn't that the whole reason why the first 2 were successful?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2023, 04:20:32 PM »
Aside from X-Factor and Mr and Mrs X, when was Gambit recognized as the King of Thieves anyways? Might as well dump the title. It's as impactful as his hypnotic charm power.

Well, that's the point. The company did something and then only sparingly recognized it. The fact is, it was canon. It happened. It was a big deal for his character. And then they undid it off panel and announced it happened in a book little no one even reads, much less X-Men fans... They didn't even bother to do it in a book his character lives in lol. It's a #&#&# joke.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2023, 07:38:33 PM »

As long as it this came doesn't involve him getting killed by Deadpool, it should be interesting. If the other rumors are true, Deadpool is killing the Foxverse. I hate those "Deadpool murders everyone" comics. In a movie, it'd be even worse and even more pointless.

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2023, 11:55:03 AM »

As long as it this came doesn't involve him getting killed by Deadpool, it should be interesting. If the other rumors are true, Deadpool is killing the Foxverse. I hate those "Deadpool murders everyone" comics. In a movie, it'd be even worse and even more pointless.

Agreed. Though, I find it hard to imagine Channing Tatum finally being able to play Gambit just to have the character killed off or humiliated. I hate the "Deadpool murders everyone" stuff too. Why would they think that's a good idea? They already murdered Mr Fantastic and Professor X in Dr Strange 2. Now they're going kill off more X-Men in a meta Deadpool movie? Man, that's really hyping up the X-Men for the MCU. If true I don't know what the hell they're thinking. I honestly don't like any of the X-Men being in a Deadpool movie anyway.

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2023, 12:51:19 PM »

Wow, that would be awful if true.  Oh well.  I never planned on seeing this(didn't see the first two either), and I never wanted to see Tatum as Gambit anyway.  I just hope they don't make Gambit a joke in the movie(and thus to general audiences) and that we get a good and faithful adaptation when the MCU finally starts casting and bringing in the main universe X-Men.

Offline andrei

• Guild Member
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2023, 10:12:43 AM »
I realyy don't think Feige would follow this kind of thing. He started there, with those Xmen. This can only be a redemption to those characters and actors. Making fun of then IS BAD choice no matter what. They need to build Hype for a new X-men movie

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2023, 11:22:20 AM »

Agreed. Though, I find it hard to imagine Channing Tatum finally being able to play Gambit just to have the character killed off or humiliated. I hate the "Deadpool murders everyone" stuff too. Why would they think that's a good idea? They already murdered Mr Fantastic and Professor X in Dr Strange 2. Now they're going kill off more X-Men in a meta Deadpool movie? Man, that's really hyping up the X-Men for the MCU. If true I don't know what the hell they're thinking. I honestly don't like any of the X-Men being in a Deadpool movie anyway.

Yeah, I don't think Tatum would agree to play the character if he were to be humiliated. An honourable death is a possibility. I think Cyclops, Jean and Storm are in this as well, I wonder if he'd be an X-Man or associated with someone else.

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2023, 10:05:29 PM »

Wait, they did @#@$ what?! You know what... don't care. Havent read an X-Men comic in 2 months and have no plans to in the future. Ending all my X-Men subs at my next comic store pickup. That leaves WILDcats only on my pull and that's a limited series. I feel like it's over.
Ended my subs a few years ago, digital if I'm interested and I've yet to finish the Claremont mini. I'm getting rid of my 'floppies'. I've literally pulled any Gambit books that mattered to me and getting rid of the rest (in any way I can btw).

As for Gambit, he went downhill after Asmus.

What has happened to the industry, I don't understand it and now I'm at the point, like you - I can't care.

Those still reading, keep us up to date. It is appreciated.  :D

I never did subs, I always went through the catalogs and placed an order. As I was just telling the the Profezzor, I stopped gong to my 'local' shop a few months back. It was an hour-and-a-half drive both ways and I just got tired of putting out the time, effort and expense. If I want something now I'll get it online. I've had it with Marvel and DC. I gave up on DC a few reboots back, haven't bought a DC comic in about a decade. With Marvel... they will do really well with a book or two, maybe three, and then screw up the rest of their line. I've had enough of the 'current' Marvel Universe. Wake me when it is over... There are so many fans of so may characters that are just sitting on the sidelines because Marvel and DC have so profoundly screwed up many of their characters and much of their universes. I have no idea why people are still buying and reading or why some of them actually even buy into the current nonsense, much less like it. There are some indy books I like but not enough to keep on with all the hassle.

Not sure how authentic this is, but rumor has it that both Taylor Kitsch and Channing Tatum is gonna appear on the Deadpool 3 movie. Hopefully not X-force style if it's real. Source 1 2

And Ben Affleck, who played Daredevil in the 2003 film has also been spotted on the set of Deadpool 3. I wonder if Howard the Duck will show up, too. He had a movie and cameo'd in one of the GotG movies. Maybe Lou Ferigno as a Hulk?

Interesting. Told you it would be easy purp. ;)
Honestly I think bringing the multiverse nonsense to Deadpool 3 is a dumb idea as well. I hate this multivariate crap. Supposedly Ryan Reynolds was not allowed to ad-lib at all during the filming of this movie. :idiot2:  Isn't that the whole reason why the first 2 were successful?

It's because of the Writer's strike as he's credited as a writer as well. Most of the ad-libs were added in post anyway, so hopefully the strike will be over by then.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2023, 10:11:43 PM »
So in the latest X-Men issue we saw a post-Rogue and Gambit mini meeting between Rogue and Destiny, and it's heavily implied they aren't together anymore.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2023, 03:47:57 PM »
Alright time to over-analyze and project how this series is going to end! The preview is out!

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/07/07/ma...ue-gambit-5-2/
I'm leaning towards them breaking up because Rogue does something bad.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2023, 04:02:23 PM »
Not that that god-awful Rogue and Gambit series is over, can we pretend it never happened? It's just so pointless. Def not the first time Rogue comes off as cold, but I just can't handle Gambit being dumb and unlikable. Pretty art wasted on such immature, inconsistent pages of garbage. An AI could come up with a more plausible and emotional relationship. 

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2023, 05:27:16 PM »
Not that that god-awful Rogue and Gambit series is over, can we pretend it never happened? It's just so pointless. Def not the first time Rogue comes off as cold, but I just can't handle Gambit being dumb and unlikable. Pretty art wasted on such immature, inconsistent pages of garbage. An AI could come up with a more plausible and emotional relationship.
Gambit walked into the bar, surprised to find Rogue already there.
She'd been working so hard lately that it was rare for them to have a moment alone together.
The atmosphere in the bar felt tense and awkward as all eyes watched them.
"Hey."
She nodded at him with a nervous smile
"Where's Remy?" He waved his hand at an empty stool beside her.
"I got bored waiting for you."He pulled up the chair next to her. She laughed softly, but didn't look away from the television.
They spent another hour drinking beer and talking about old times until finally Gambit stood up and signaled the bartender for their tab.
Rogue slid off the stool when he did, anxious to leave the press of people around them behind. As they stepped out into the cool evening air she reached out and tucked her fingers through his arm, grateful for his presence.
A strange premonition stirred in her mind and she stopped abruptly.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
His voice sounded slightly worried. She stared ahead, searching for some sign of danger.
But what could possibly be threatening in a parking lot? "Just … nothing," she replied.
"Let's go home."
Without saying another word she turned and led the way back to her apartment.

When she woke up, the first thing she noticed was that Gambit wasn't there.
Her heart began to beat rapidly and panic rushed through her veins like ice water.
Had something happened
Was he hurt or dead?
She couldn't stop herself from crying out his name in fear, praying that he would come running through the door and comfort her. But instead she heard heavy footsteps and he pushed open the bedroom door. "It's okay, Rogue," he said. "Everything's fine."
She leaned against the headboard of the bed, unable to speak or move as tears streamed down her face.
There was a deep ache in her chest that no amount of touching or comforting could relieve. He knelt on the floor by her side and brushed the hair away from her face.
"I'm here," he whispered.
"I won't let anything happen to you." For once in her life Rogue couldn't control her feelings.
All she could do was weep uncontrollably.
When at last she had calmed enough to talk she managed to get out only two words: "Don't leave me." His arms went around her then, pulling her tight against him, as if he were afraid she might disappear.
And somehow that thought seemed more real than ever before. "Shhh, shhh …"
He held her gently, stroking her hair.
I love you. "Those simple words, spoken with such meaning and care, brought peace to her troubled soul.
In spite of everything, this man loved her - not just as a lover, but as a woman.

https://writeholo.com/
A.I. can't count and I had to keep rejecting text bits saying that Gambit had bad breath but otherwise not bad.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2023, 06:05:49 PM »
LOL Thanks. Even with the bad breath part, it would've better than what we got.