Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2023  (Read 156422 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2023
« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2023, 04:41:22 PM »
Glad that trash R&G mini ended. Pure garbage.

Gambit will fight Odessa Drake who is a leader of NY Thieves Guild in X-Men Anthology.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvels-voices-x-men-1-2023-guide-first-look

Raphael Draccon and Carolina Munhóz, bestselling Brazilian fantasy novelists and screenwriters, take one of Marvel’s most iconic couples out on a date in their very first Marvel work! Drawn by artist Jethro Morales, this story is packed with twists and turns as Gambit drags Rogue out for a romantic night out to… rob the Thieves Guild?!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2023, 04:43:44 PM »

Interesting. Told you it would be easy purp. ;)
Honestly I think bringing the multiverse nonsense to Deadpool 3 is a dumb idea as well. I hate this multivariate crap. Supposedly Ryan Reynolds was not allowed to ad-lib at all during the filming of this movie. :idiot2:  Isn't that the whole reason why the first 2 were successful?

You were right, man! They really surprised me with it because I stopped believing that it can happen.

I expect a small and fan cameo from Tatum. Something like Jackman cameo in first class.

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2023, 08:52:17 PM »
Glad that trash R&G mini ended. Pure garbage.

Gambit will fight Odessa Drake who is a leader of NY Thieves Guild in X-Men Anthology.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvels-voices-x-men-1-2023-guide-first-look

Raphael Draccon and Carolina Munhóz, bestselling Brazilian fantasy novelists and screenwriters, take one of Marvel’s most iconic couples out on a date in their very first Marvel work! Drawn by artist Jethro Morales, this story is packed with twists and turns as Gambit drags Rogue out for a romantic night out to… rob the Thieves Guild?!

I like some of Draccon’s work but there’s only so much you can do with a few pages. At least the art isn’t bad and Gambit doesn’t look like an incompetent buffoon.

Offline ES113

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2023, 06:12:51 PM »
So on a scale of 1-10 are people more or less upset that R&G are still together based on how anti Gambit the last mini was ?

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2023, 07:23:13 PM »
So on a scale of 1-10 are people more or less upset that R&G are still together based on how anti Gambit the last mini was ?
I try not to blame characters for bad writers. Marvel's writers are more than capable of hating Gambit and writing him terribly even if Rogue didn't exist.

Offline Zoks

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2023, 12:56:31 AM »
The consensus seems to be ignore the mini except for what Rogue did at the end, since that actually has potential consequences.  Nobody is blaming Gambit or Rogue for anything, as everyone agreed all characters in this mini were written poorly. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2023, 05:13:54 PM »

https://www.cbr.com/dark-x-men-steve-foxe-interview/

Steve Foxe: Gambit's a great example. On the X-Men, he's the dashing rogue (no pun intended) who has lived a rough life and occasionally is willing to go a little farther down morally gray paths than some of his more upstanding teammates might. But in a mix with folks like Azazel and Emplate, does Gambit become the good guy and moral heart of the team?!
[/size][/color]

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2023, 06:36:37 PM »
Wow, different look for Nightcrawler and Gambit. It's been awhile since we've seen Gambit with mustache and beard. Kurt is sporting a smaller or trimmed mustache and beard.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 10:38:00 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2023, 08:20:30 PM »

It’s not night crawler, it’s stupid Azezeal (or however you spell his stupid name. Night crawlers dad from the very stupid Draco story.) Nightcrawler is going to be prentending to be Spider-Man in the latest reboot of his low selling series. Apparently the not a preacher and not a cop reboots didn’t stick, so the newest is not Spider-Man.

The consensus seems to be ignore the mini except for what Rogue did at the end, since that actually has potential consequences.  Nobody is blaming Gambit or Rogue for anything, as everyone agreed all characters in this mini were written poorly.
Yeah, that wouldn’t have made the mini any better. It’s was bizarrely anti gambit and rogue (rogue didn’t even try to help the ‘hostage’ and she ends up fricking kidnapping manifold.)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2023, 10:40:31 PM »
It’s not night crawler, it’s stupid Azezeal (or however you spell his stupid name. Night crawlers dad from the very stupid Draco story.) Nightcrawler is going to be prentending to be Spider-Man in the latest reboot of his low selling series. Apparently the not a preacher and not a cop reboots didn’t stick, so the newest is not Spider-Man.
My bad, I didn't know Azazel was in the Marvel verse. Thanks for giving me info.

Yeah, that wouldn’t have made the mini any better. It’s was bizarrely anti gambit and rogue (rogue didn’t even try to help the ‘hostage’ and she ends up fricking kidnapping manifold.)
I've no words. smh.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2023, 12:23:47 AM »
He actually started out in the comics, in one of the worst comic stories ever written, the Draco, by Chuck Austen. A good quote about it from the House to Astonish podcast, (it also applies to the dreadful mini)  ‘If you like this story you are wrong, and I can prove it with math.’
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 05:46:28 PM by anya »

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2023, 08:04:54 AM »
He actually started out in the comics, in one of the worst comic stories ever written, the Draco, by Chuck Austen. A good quote about it from the House to Astonish podcast, (it also applies to dreadful mini)  ‘If you like this story you are wrong, and I can prove it with math.’
Ah, Chuck Austen... I remember reading a fanfic back when he was writing X-Men, where Gambit and Iceman go to his house to have a talk with him about how he was writing their characters. It was the first time I ever saw a creative used as a character in a fic and it's still not something that's common now. I've looked for it over the years but I haven't see it again. I remember in it Austen kept saying how much he loved their characters and kept trying to defend how he was writing them, and the more he did that the more Gambit just wanted to blow his ass up.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2023, 05:06:16 PM »
DARK X-MEN #3 (OF 5)

FEAR THE FALLEN!

As Gambit tries to save his unruly half of the squad from a watery grave, Madelyne Pryor and Havok confront their nightmares on the other side of the world, leaving Carmen Cruz all alone…aside from the bloodthirsty beast stalking her in the shadows

Remy will lead half of Dark X-Men team according to Dark X-Men #3 solicits.
Probably Remy, Azazel, Emplate and Maggot.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2023, 09:14:46 AM »
X-Men 97 Gambit

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2023, 12:20:40 PM »
X-Men 97 Gambit

Love the hair on this figure.