Author Topic: Gambit Watch 2023  (Read 156911 times)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch 2023
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2023, 10:01:12 PM »
The artwork is great…and I don’t know anything about tarot cards to make any other comments, lol I looked at the link to see some of the other art and Jeff the land shark made it into the deck! Another possible reason to buy.  ;D

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #196 on: October 04, 2023, 10:44:44 AM »
7 mistakes of Fox’s ‘X-Men’ movies that Marvel cannot afford to repeat
Exiling Gambit to the sidelines
It’s a crime that the only film in all the X-Men movies to include Gambit was the deplorable X-Men Origins: Wolverine. His appearance in the movie was fan-service at best, and a laughing stock at worst. Fox completely missed the chance to showcase the extent of his powers and entirely skipped over his storyline with Rogue.
7 mistakes of Fox’s ‘X-Men’ movies that Marvel cannot afford to repeat (msn.com)

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2023, 03:07:34 AM »
https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/09/x-men-monday-223-x-m-a-jordan-d-white/
AIPT: I was going to say, Blob is very successful with the X-ladies. One more relationship question before we move on. X-Fan Sebastian Galindo wanted to know what you think of Rogue and Gambit’s marriage. Personally, Sebastian loves it.

Jordan: It depends on what you want from them, you know? So, those are characters that I like. I like both of them quite a bit. If I’m being fully honest, I like one of them a little bit more than I like the other. But I’m also not crazy about either of them — I’m not like a super fan of either of them — so I don’t have super strong opinions about “Here’s when they worked best” and “Here’s the thing that they should be doing at all times.”The difference between your typical X-character and your typical non-X-character is that a random superhero in the Marvel Universe is more likely to have a solo book. Most of them are solo characters who have to work on their own. And taking a character like that and giving them a permanent relationship, like a marriage, has a lot of difficulties behind it.
X-Men Monday #223 - X Me Anything With Jordan D. White
Courtesy of Marvel Comics
I’m not saying there are no stories about married people, but I think they change the stakes and they change what kind of story you can tell kind of fundamentally. However, on the X-front, mostly they’re not characters who we tell solo stories about. Mostly, they’re characters that are told about in a team context. And I feel like that gives us a lot more wiggle room to do things with those characters that you might be less willing to do with a solo character. So you’ve got characters who you go, “You know what, let’s allow those characters to be married.” It just means you’re probably not going to have as many stories where everyone is flirting with Rogue or “Who is she going to choose” stories anymore. If we tell a story about Rogue’s relationship, it’s going to be about her relationship with Gambit and whether it’s working or not, and how they’re going to make it work. And it’s the same with having children — it’s slightly more likely and more acceptable for an X-character to have a child than it is for a non-X-character because to some extent you can go, “Well, that character can become a parent character rather than the whole book is now about a parent.”

Jordan: So, with Rogue and Gambit, I can understand people who feel strongly in both directions, because obviously their romance is super fun. And to see it be paid off and you can go, “You know what? It worked for those two. Look at those crazy kids, they’re in love.” And sometimes they lie to each other and then they fight, but I feel like that can work.But that’s not to say I don’t understand the other side, because again, there are people who love different things about those characters. I mean, is Gambit still going to flirt with everybody? Yeah, but he’s probably not going to kiss as many ladies as he might’ve back in the day. And wouldn’t it be great to give Gambit his own series where he’s going around the world stealing things and romancing women in every port? Yeah, but it’s probably not going to happen while they’re married. Anyway, I think they’re great, I think they’re fun, I love that they have cats together.
OK, so the character I like slightly more than the other is Gambit because I see some cool potential in him that I always want to do more stuff with. And is it a concern that it might dull his edges a little bit to have him as a married guy? Yeah, maybe a little bit. Maybe it shapes the kind of stories you want to tell with him. And the ideal story that I might want to tell with Gambit might not be the one that we would tell when he’s married.

AIPT: Makes sense. And while Remy is your favorite of the two, several X-Fans actually sent in Rogue questions. In fact, this next question gets submitted a lot, so I’m finally going to ask it. Dave, Haley, and S wanted to know if it’s possible for Rogue to get a new costume since she is one of the only characters that didn’t get a new look in the Krakoan era.Jordan: No, I’m sorry. It’s not possible.
So the answer is yes, it is possible. I mean, ask yourself this question: If we are going to give her a new costume in our plans, do you want me to tell you? Or do you want it to be a cool surprise that happens?AIPT: They need to know so they can finally get a good night’s sleep, Jordan.Jordan: You’re going to see her wearing something different at some point. I know that for a fact. But I don’t want to tell you anything more about it.

But on that note, thanks for a great conversation, Jordan! I’m already looking forward to the next one — once we know a bit more about what happens after the Fall of X. But for now, X-Fans, let’s take an eXclusive look at some of the Fall of X panels coming in the not-too-distant future to a comic near you, courtesy of Jordan.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2023, 08:24:56 PM »

Well, that ended up huge, lol. Not much, but at least he’s not dead this time…
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 08:26:52 PM by anya »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2023, 02:29:13 PM »

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/09/x-men-monday-223-x-m-a-jordan-d-white/
AIPT: I was going to say, Blob is very successful with the X-ladies. One more relationship question before we move on. X-Fan Sebastian Galindo wanted to know what you think of Rogue and Gambit’s marriage. Personally, Sebastian loves it.

Jordan: It depends on what you want from them, you know? So, those are characters that I like. I like both of them quite a bit. If I’m being fully honest, I like one of them a little bit more than I like the other. But I’m also not crazy about either of them — I’m not like a super fan of either of them — so I don’t have super strong opinions about “Here’s when they worked best” and “Here’s the thing that they should be doing at all times.”The difference between your typical X-character and your typical non-X-character is that a random superhero in the Marvel Universe is more likely to have a solo book. Most of them are solo characters who have to work on their own. And taking a character like that and giving them a permanent relationship, like a marriage, has a lot of difficulties behind it.

Courtesy of Marvel ComicsI’m not saying there are no stories about married people, but I think they change the stakes and they change what kind of story you can tell kind of fundamentally. However, on the X-front, mostly they’re not characters who we tell solo stories about. Mostly, they’re characters that are told about in a team context. And I feel like that gives us a lot more wiggle room to do things with those characters that you might be less willing to do with a solo character. So you’ve got characters who you go, “You know what, let’s allow those characters to be married.” It just means you’re probably not going to have as many stories where everyone is flirting with Rogue or “Who is she going to choose” stories anymore. If we tell a story about Rogue’s relationship, it’s going to be about her relationship with Gambit and whether it’s working or not, and how they’re going to make it work. And it’s the same with having children — it’s slightly more likely and more acceptable for an X-character to have a child than it is for a non-X-character because to some extent you can go, “Well, that character can become a parent character rather than the whole book is now about a parent.”

Jordan: So, with Rogue and Gambit, I can understand people who feel strongly in both directions, because obviously their romance is super fun. And to see it be paid off and you can go, “You know what? It worked for those two. Look at those crazy kids, they’re in love.” And sometimes they lie to each other and then they fight, but I feel like that can work.But that’s not to say I don’t understand the other side, because again, there are people who love different things about those characters. I mean, is Gambit still going to flirt with everybody? Yeah, but he’s probably not going to kiss as many ladies as he might’ve back in the day. And wouldn’t it be great to give Gambit his own series where he’s going around the world stealing things and romancing women in every port? Yeah, but it’s probably not going to happen while they’re married. Anyway, I think they’re great, I think they’re fun, I love that they have cats together.
OK, so the character I like slightly more than the other is Gambit because I see some cool potential in him that I always want to do more stuff with. And is it a concern that it might dull his edges a little bit to have him as a married guy? Yeah, maybe a little bit. Maybe it shapes the kind of stories you want to tell with him. And the ideal story that I might want to tell with Gambit might not be the one that we would tell when he’s married

Courtesy of Marvel ComicsAIPT: Makes sense. And while Remy is your favorite of the two, several X-Fans actually sent in Rogue questions. In fact, this next question gets submitted a lot, so I’m finally going to ask it. Dave, Haley, and S wanted to know if it’s possible for Rogue to get a new costume since she is one of the only characters that didn’t get a new look in the Krakoan era.Jordan: No, I’m sorry. It’s not possible.
So the answer is yes, it is possible. I mean, ask yourself this question: If we are going to give her a new costume in our plans, do you want me to tell you? Or do you want it to be a cool surprise that happens?AIPT: They need to know so they can finally get a good night’s sleep, Jordan.Jordan: You’re going to see her wearing something different at some point. I know that for a fact. But I don’t want to tell you anything more about it.

But on that note, thanks for a great conversation, Jordan! I’m already looking forward to the next one — once we know a bit more about what happens after the Fall of X. But for now, X-Fans, let’s take an eXclusive look at some of the Fall of X panels coming in the not-too-distant future to a comic near you, courtesy of Jordan.
The problem with Jordan White isn't his opinions, apparently, it's not even his taste in characters - it's his backbone. I wasn't expecting him to admit that he liked Gambit more than Rogue. You wouldn't guess that based on what he's allowed his writers to do with the character in the past few years. Especially in Howard's parade of D&D X-Men books.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 01:31:33 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2023, 11:49:26 AM »
There is a new Gambit & ROgue romantic comic
coming out.

How many are in this series or is it a one book?

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2023, 12:07:24 PM »
That’s probably the one on marvel unlimited. It’s Marvel’s digital comics on the Marvel Unlimited digital app. It’s only available if you subscribe to marvel unlimited (which is like ten bucks a month or something like that) it was I think  six ‘issues’ long. If you are interested, you could subscribe to unlimited briefly and read it and catch up on back issues you’ve missed,  but want to read, lol.  Because Unlimited also has lots of old comics available to read digitally. (You could also find screen shots of it on Tumblr or places like that. ;)

I don’t have Unlimited, so I didn’t read it, but heard it was a fun, cute story. Way better than the awful mini…

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2023, 04:07:24 AM »
I hope everyone is fine.

Gambit had a great showing in Dark X-Men 3 :gambit:

Spoilers:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2023, 04:09:18 AM »
The problem with Jordan White isn't his opinions, apparently, it's not even his taste in characters - it's his backbone. I wasn't expecting him to admit that he liked Gambit more than Rogue. You wouldn't guess that based on what he's allowed his writers to do with the character in the past few years. Especially in Howard's parade of D&D X-Men books.

I agree. At least his answer felt sincere.

Offline Icefanatic

• Master Thief
    • A Better Place - A Fandom Community Forum
« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2023, 07:01:52 PM »
Leo Castellani's X-Men 60th Anniversary variant.

Offline wantutosigh

• Outcast
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2023, 06:18:17 AM »
I picked up the Gambit costume yesterday at Spirit Halloween for 50% off.(day after Halloween) Great deal if you guys can find it.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2023, 12:31:20 PM »
Leo Castellani's X-Men 60th Anniversary variant.

There is so much wrong here... What is this? It's all kinds of incorrect, I'm shocked it wasn't sent back in the rough draft level... This an alternate universe, or something?

• Rogue's hair doesn't match the outfit era, costume is wrong
  • Gambit's costume is just wrong
  • Cyclops' costume is wrong
  • Wolverine's costume is wrong
  • Storm's costume is wrong
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:34:52 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline WhiteVeils

• Thief
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2023, 07:04:21 PM »
Finished the Last Dark XMen.  I think Gambit is out after this one. It was all about Maddie, naturally, but they didn't do Gambit wrong in this series.  He was overall reasonably effective until the very end, and not embarrassing then.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2023, 12:29:31 PM »
I read it too, it was good, much better than anything else recent. It was the last issue of the mini, so gambit is definitely out now, lol. He is supposed to be in Duggan’s next X-men book after Fall of X. No idea what to expect with that one…

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2023, 08:26:11 AM »
Does anyone have any pics of what Gambit will look like in x-men 97???