Author Topic: in·se·cu·ri·ty  (Read 24743 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
in·se·cu·ri·ty
« on: February 03, 2023, 01:37:28 PM »
So I did a thing. I had an idea and started writing... The first couple of parts is up.

This is the first of a series of stories. We will explore the X-Men character, Gambit, having to come to terms with the idea that the affection Rogue, his long-time love and new wife, feels wasn't birthed from her original feelings for him. What if they were the result of one or more outside influences she'd picked up, namely Carol Danvers, better known as Captain Marvel?

https://archiveofourown.org/works/44758189
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: in·se·cu·ri·ty
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 03:33:23 PM »
Cool, I may check it out.  :gambit:

Edit:
On the plus side, closer to AO3 project done for LL. (I'm so done with this project - in 2 months it will have been a year in progress. Close to 'eff it' but ... they got the tags done now.)

I get slightly annoyed with projects that take a ton of time. We shall see if it gets done, otherwise "my give an eff meter is so broken", you've got no idea. Trying to stay positive over the entire thing. :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 08:02:13 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 05:51:30 PM »
Parts 3 & 4 are up.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 12:38:45 AM »
Ohhh, interesting! That is a thought that had fascinated me awhile back. Rogue being pulled to Gambit by a hitchhiking personality would explain all the running away and coming back.I'll give it a read.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 05:36:33 PM »
Soooo, I converted the first part of my story into a script and commissioned it to be converted into art. Let me know what you guys think...  :-[

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 05:37:40 PM »
Page 2... sorry the files are slightly too big for the site. Thought I made them as small as possible lol

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 05:39:03 PM »
This is page 3... its a flashback that takes place on Utopia, after AoX.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 05:40:05 PM »
Page 4... I especially like how the first panel came out.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 05:41:09 PM »
And the last. I thought the collage in panel one, made sense, especially to educate a newer reader that's not aware of where Rogue came from...

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 05:39:29 AM »
Love it! Love small cliffhanger on last page!
Please share more when you can :gambit: