Author Topic: Welcome to the Bourbon Street Grill!  (Read 42749 times)

Offline Spectrum

• Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Welcome to the Bourbon Street Grill!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 01:38:30 AM »
I see that the grill has moved to the top of the list in the kitchen sink. lol Good spot for it.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 12:20:26 PM »
yeah, its good spot for it.  I think.  I love the kitchen sink.   ;D

Neko

Offline Canemacar

• X-Man Legend
  • Can I hold your purse, chere?
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »
So what shall we talk about?

Offline SmurfButcher Bob

• Site Dev
  • X-Man Mentor
  • Captain Obvious
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 12:21:46 AM »
Well, somewhat appropriate for us, as it turns out... your worst "kitten (dog/ferret/rabbit/whatever) jumped in the toilet" story?
"The true definition of Madness is repeating the same action, over and over, hoping for a different result." - Einstein
"Einstein never used Windows." - SBB

Offline Canemacar

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 12:25:39 AM »
Well, my cat didn't so much "jump in the toilet", as I "dumped him in there with a bunch of shampoo, slammed the lid down, and flushed repeatedly in order to bathe him"

xenokattz

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 01:01:14 AM »
Two of my 3 year-old cousins dunked their hands in the toilet then boasted about it. Does that count?

Offline Canemacar

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 01:13:39 AM »
Don't know where else to put this, but since this is sort of an "off-topic" section, I guess it'll fit here.

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs10/f/2006/136/2/b/X_men_sprites.jpg

I'm trying to get someone to crop Gambit of that image and make it into an avitar. Is anyone here skilled in the art of avi-crafting? And if anyone is willing to help me, could I also get a second one with both Gambit and Rogue in it(with Gambit placed to the right of Rogue so she isn't punching him)?

paws

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2006, 01:16:00 AM »
My one cat used to drink out of the toilet, but cause he's...well...fat...he had to balance with this two paws IN the bowl. After being besplattered by him shaking his paws off we quickly learned to keep the lid down.

My other cat adores to drink out of my bath. Unfortunately this is the one time where she always seems to lose her balance and end up on top of poor naked vulnerable me IN the tub. Which she promptly exits. At the cost of my hide.

Paws

Offline ned

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2006, 01:45:08 AM »
One time, I was sitting on the toilet, you know, having a tinkle. I do my business, stand up, turn to flush, and quick as a flash a kitten ran in, jumped up at me and sploosh! Right into the not-yet-flushed toilet! She had her first bath and a few seconds later she had her second one! Stupid cat! (Her name was, appropriately, S**thead)  :o

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:45 AM »
One time, I was sitting on the toilet, you know, having a tinkle. I do my business, stand up, turn to flush, and quick as a flash a kitten ran in, jumped up at me and sploosh! Right into the not-yet-flushed toilet! She had her first bath and a few seconds later she had her second one! Stupid cat! (Her name was, appropriately, S**thead)  :o

ROFL - poor kitty.  But ... kittens are not known for smarts in the beginning.  Life to them is all playtime.

To Canemacer:  I couldn't see the image.  If you could email me or post the image in the gallery, we can see what we can do about making it an avatar for you.

Neko

Offline Canemacar

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 12:01:21 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but I got CrazyDragon on the case.

This place is getting kinda dead. Time to spark some conversation. And since this is a comic book (thus geek) board:

Picard > Kirk

Discuss.

Offline SmurfButcher Bob

• Site Dev
  • X-Man Mentor
  • Captain Obvious
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 12:48:26 AM »
Kirk got laid more than Picard...
"The true definition of Madness is repeating the same action, over and over, hoping for a different result." - Einstein

paws

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 02:06:55 AM »
Granted, but I have to say that if I had to choose between them, I'd still pick the bald guy that's old enough to be my Grandpa. Maybe...well - he's definately old enough to be my dad. :P Still, Kirk comes off as a womanizer to me, and not is a good 'Remy' way but in a 'creepy guy at the bar' way. 

I loved Kirk in the movies, but (though my husband adores the origionals) I just end up howling at them. Its just...the way...he talks. I know that he had a hard time remembering his lines, and that is why its like that. I was a teen when the new series was running, and I adored it. So maybe it was just that I sunk my teeth into that one first, and perhaps that is why I prefer Picard. That and my absolute lack of ablility to take the mini skirts and unmovable aquaneted hair seriously I suppose :D.

Paws

Offline SmurfButcher Bob

• Site Dev
  • X-Man Mentor
  • Captain Obvious
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 02:30:28 AM »
Nope!  Still Kirk, open and shut.  After watching Jim Carey do a Kirk immitation... Picard rules, but "Spoocckkk...  HE's not... ME!"

Literally, it all comes down to acting. I could watch Kirk all day... and the fact that the stories are decent, well, that's icing on the cake  ;D   Picard... excelled at the usual fare and was quite convincing, but never quite got the whole "passion" (I'm really pissed off / we're all gonna die / I'm gonna mutilate you / etc) thing down. Not in a convincing manner, at least... but he tried, and it didn't work.  Kirk, OTOH, failed worse - but it didn't matter - the audience had already "suspended belief" when it came to his responses, so it worked perfectly!

Granted, I'm a lover of MST3k as well, so my opinions may need to be qualified. 

Ah frick. The kitten is trying to help me type.

Offline Canemacar

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 03:12:48 PM »
Picard was too dignified to wear his emotions on his sleeve. The only thing Kirk had going for him was that he was so bad you couldn't take it seriously.