Author Topic: Marvel Movies: All of them.  (Read 147445 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Movies: All of them.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 03:05:12 PM »
X-Men: Apocalypse" Casts Its Title Villain
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57310

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »
IMO she's chubby.

Not fat. But, chubby.

Your insane.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
X-Men: Apocalypse" Casts Its Title Villain
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57310

I was hoping the Idris Alba rumors were true... Would have been much better IMO.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
I was hoping the Idris Alba rumors were true... Would have been much better IMO.

Me too
 :(

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2014, 12:05:41 PM »
Oscar Isaac is a hell of an actor. I can't wait for his new film "A most violent year".
Art is hard, life is harder

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »

i was hoping for The Rock, but this dude is a good actor so that's good

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2014, 03:23:56 PM »
i was hoping for The Rock, but this dude is a good actor so that's good

Oscar Isaac is a hell of an actor. I can't wait for his new film "A most violent year".

Great acting is well and all.. But does he scream Apocalypse to you? I thought they were going for the overlord, immovable force, 800 lbs gorilla, archetype but it seems they may be going for the "smarter than everyone else in the room, charismatic, smooth talker"- type. How big is this guy? They going to use CG and stilts?

Offline pastella

• X-Man Mentor
    • pastellarts
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »
Maybe they do something similar to the technique used in '300' for presenting Sandoro very tall for Xerxes- Sandoro is not a tall man in real life.

He does not scream Apocalypse, but CGI and effects can do wonders. I watched him in 'Drive' last night and he convinced me as a hardened man. Also, he played an Egyptian in the movie 'Agora'.

Personally, Tatum is the one that does not scream Gambit to me, not Isaac as Apocalypse. Also, watch 'Kate and Leopold'. Then tell yourself that Jackman is Wolverine.
Art is hard, life is harder

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2014, 06:02:32 PM »
Maybe they do something similar to the technique used in '300' for presenting Sandoro very tall for Xerxes- Sandoro is not a tall man in real life.

He does not scream Apocalypse, but CGI and effects can do wonders. I watched him in 'Drive' last night and he convinced me as a hardened man. Also, he played an Egyptian in the movie 'Agora'.

Personally, Tatum is the one that does not scream Gambit to me, not Isaac as Apocalypse. Also, watch 'Kate and Leopold'. Then tell yourself that Jackman is Wolverine.
[/b]

i agree, i dont think Tatum is right for Gambit, he is too bulky and looks terrible with long hair, but im sure he will do ok, just like im sure this actor will kickass as Poccy

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2014, 06:59:44 PM »
[/b]

i agree, i dont think Tatum is right for Gambit, he is too bulky and looks terrible with long hair, but im sure he will do ok, just like im sure this actor will kickass as Poccy

Never said he wouldnt play the role he's given in the movie well... But playing Apocalypse? En Saba Nur? Played by a 5'9" 170-something pound soaking wet, guy? He'll get away with it and probably excel at it because no one's ever played the role before. Kind of like Jackman and Wolverine. Though admittedly he did it better physically and acting wise in the X2 (you should see the pictures of him in X1 and then in X2 and on. Night and steroids... I mean "day".). Tatum has an up hill battle and also an advantages, probably more up than down. And Xerxes looked ridiculous... There's a reason you only saw him standing on several occasions. That stuff can get expensive, and I'd rather they spent the budget elsewhere... what am I saying? They are probably going to throw 200m at this thing.  ;)

Upside
He's box office name with a strong female following... kinda like Gambit in some ways
He wants the part and is producing, so as long as he has some common sense, good taste, a script worth its paper and decent budget, the movie should be good.
He's somewhat of an action star as well as a heart throbe/ beefcake, so stunt work wont be too impossible.
He's playing the part after Taylor. The role wasnt really fleshed or utilized properly, so its in his favor

Downside
He doesnt really look the part
He's playing the part after Taylor. While the role wasnt really fleshed or utilized properly, Taylor did certainly look the part.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:01:48 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »

Upside
He's box office name with a strong female following... kinda like Gambit in some ways
He wants the part and is producing, so as long as he has some common sense, good taste, a script worth its paper and decent budget, the movie should be good.
He's somewhat of an action star as well as a heart throbe/ beefcake, so stunt work wont be too impossible.
He's playing the part after Taylor. The role wasnt really fleshed or utilized properly, so its in his favor

Downside
He doesnt really look the part
He's playing the part after Taylor. While the role wasnt really fleshed or utilized properly, Taylor did certainly look the part.

good points, though everything you said on the upside besides producing and Taylor could be said about Ben Aflec - Daredevil- Fox and look how that went, im doing a bad job of staying positive here lol im sure it'll be awesome like X2, First Class and DoFP it cant be any worse than Origins and Last Stand

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
Look at those lips they are A Poccy lips

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2014, 12:26:17 AM »
Origins and Last Stand

Never existed!

Look at those lips they are A Poccy lips

LOL

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
http://marvel.com/news/movies/23754/benedict_cumberbatch_to_play_doctor_strange

This is awesome news!  Perfect casting.  I am so looking forward to this movie. It could be Marvel's best yet.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
That is a good call.  Nice.