Author Topic: The X-Position Thread  (Read 67035 times)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
Re: The X-Position Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 10:55:55 PM »
Brett's probably gonna ask a bunch of Gambit questions to start off, so I say let it rip, but not too hard.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 02:39:08 AM »
Interesting. I think I will ask something but so far I have no questions.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 06:10:15 AM »
Interesting. I think I will ask something but so far I have no questions.

why is it being cancled when other books have lower selling figures yet remain? ask that  :D

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 09:51:17 AM »
*chuckles* we can ask that it probably won't be answered or given to PAD.  I've noticed that Brett White is not using the CBR forum to get questions either or at least not so far. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
ask him if he was an editor and had to choose between ending All New X-Men and Saving it, What kind of Sandwich would he make?
or
why does Bendis suck so much ?, who pays him? why is he allowed to write X-Books?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 05:05:54 PM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 05:10:42 PM »
He answered my quesion. So "Remy Etienne LeBeau" was used in comics before orit is just Marvel.com imigination?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »
To be honest, that was a waste of a question. Writers have been saying "Etienne" off and on for a while. Not like he broke new ground there and if it wasnt obvious before, hes not the biggest Gambit fan, so I wouldnt have expected any "deep" involved answer. The follow up question was also what I expected from such a impertinent man. Though a lot more frank than I would have guessed.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 05:22:14 PM »
I need to admit that after X-Position I thought that my questions were a waste of a question too. Or maybe I was expecting different answer for them.

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
Really would like to know what is next for Gambit.. X-Factor did not seem to a be a long term project to Marvel. Won't Claremont be free do something with Gambit. Seems like perfect timing with Nightcrawler's solo ending soon.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 06:13:24 PM »
man his answer on character driven stories was right on the money

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 06:52:57 PM »
Besides the answer to character driven stories, most of this X-Position was fluff.  Glad he likes the team or so he says in the last answer.

He isn't wrong on the character driven stuff.  

Not sure if Wolverine in every other issue would have helped or not because by his own look at the book, it would have still been character driven.  And he writes 6 issue arcs.

It read like, he didn't really want to answer much.  I am intrigued with how the art will be handled between the two artists.  But other than that - whatever.  

I'm just disappointed that this book didn't get enough people to read it.  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:08:28 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
I found it interesting that he admitted that he knew about the cancellation over 6 months ago. It explains the shift in focus. Probably a combination of personal preference and edict which ended up developing Quicksilver (and oddly even Scarlet Witch, all of which is now pointless with with "Mutants No More" crap. It like the left hand had no idea what the right was doing), whom I believe that Marvel thinks will have the same impact on the MCU that he did with Days of Future Past. I doubt it. Two very different takes on the character.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2014, 11:00:48 AM »
I think you are right Don about change in focus.  Still, he talked about stuff and never got to it to do other things. It's like he gave up, imo with the exception of putting QS where he needed to be.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:43:50 PM by Nekobaghira »