Author Topic: The X-Position Thread  (Read 67058 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: The X-Position Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
X-POSITION: KALAN UNPACKS "SPIDER-MAN & THE X-MEN'S" TRIP TO MOJOWORLD

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-kalan-unpacks-spider-man-the-x-mens-trip-to-mojoworld

I loved X Kids reaction when they found Gambit and that entire Gambit/Chameleon scene. Do you have any plans for real Gambit to appear?

Thanks! No plans for the real Gambit. While I was writing this run he was busy in the masterful hands of the God Among Men named Peter David. Just as well since fans of my podcast, The Flop House, know that I'm not Remy LeBeau's biggest fan. And in fact I should take this opportunity to give credit to my Flop co-host Stuart Wellington for first describing Gambit as a "cajun pirate ninja thief" -- though I stole that from him fair and square!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2015, 05:47:49 PM »
While nice and he described G in a neat way - another non fan.  At least he recognized the fact he shouldn't write him.  This limbo is gonna be long I suspect. Liked the props to PAD, even though PAD hasn't really shined when it came to Gambit.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »
"He was busy"

What #$%# does that mean? He's a fictional character. Where's the rule that a character can only exist in one book at any given time? And if that's the case why doesn't that fall upon Wolverine, Captain America, Spiderman, Storm, Captain Marvel, Ironman, Thor and Deadpool? I understand if the character is in the middle of a status changing like Rogue was supposed to be, or Wolverine in he midst of his death, or loosing his powers or having them changed. Gambit was doing exactly squat except propping up the week's current lead (Georgie, Polaris or Quicksilver). Hell even the arch that involved him directly had no bearing on him (The Thieves Island and intro of Danger). All so disappointing.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
"He was busy"

What #$%# does that mean? He's a fictional character. Where's the rule that a character can only exist in one book at any given time? And if that's the case why doesn't that fall upon Wolverine, Captain America, Spiderman, Storm, Captain Marvel, Ironman, Thor and Deadpool? I understand if the character is in the middle of a status changing like Rogue was supposed to be, or Wolverine in he midst of his death, or loosing his powers or having them changed. Gambit was doing exactly squat except propping up the week's current lead (Georgie, Polaris or Quicksilver). Hell even the arch that involved him directly had no bearing on him (The Thieves Island and intro of Danger). All so disappointing.

but the dude is not a fan would you want him writing him?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2015, 07:47:53 PM »

I'm at the point that I don't want any dude or dudette writing Gambit who is not a fan of him or at least likes him.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:37:52 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 01:59:01 AM »
I think he just gave us a polite answer that he do not like Gambit. At least he can speak with fans in a good way.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2015, 08:14:25 AM »
I think it's so funny how a lot of creators and people at Marvel now state how they loved the X-Men animated series and that generation is now started to work for Marvel, yet the  majority of the creators there say how they have a distaste for Gambit.  The guy was the X-Men TAS as far as I'm concerned.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2015, 08:39:13 AM »
I'm starting to be even more annoyed with XTAS influence.  I think its great that some got into characters because of it but ... it was just a cartoon. 

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2015, 11:07:12 AM »
I just think it's funny that they all say they were fans of it.. but "don't get" Gambit. The two go hand-in-hand if you ask me.
Who Dat

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2015, 02:42:54 PM »
I think it's so funny how a lot of creators and people at Marvel now state how they loved the X-Men animated series and that generation is now started to work for Marvel, yet the  majority of the creators there say how they have a distaste for Gambit.  The guy was the X-Men TAS as far as I'm concerned.

But Gambit was also missing in a good chunk of episodes, and a lot of the time his story line interfered with the others
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »

I was really pointing out how that excuse has been thrown around Marvel lately. "They were busy". Heck its an excuse that's been used at least twice involving Gambit. During his solo Asmus was denied access to several characters because they were "busy". Its getting old.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
Yeah and its a BS excuse, hey Marvel its called not connecting the continuity unless its called for in the story. They just dont want Gambit in anything until X-men 92 comes out, and we will just have to see how many issues Gambit is in that
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2015, 06:37:59 PM »
Deadpool's writer: Gerry Duggan 3/11/15

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-deadpools-gerry-duggan-gets-the-last-laugh

X-Position dives into the Black Vortex and welcomes "Cyclops" writer John Layman. Have a question for John? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position" or if 140 character questions are more your speed, try Twitter. But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

[email protected]

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2015, 06:24:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-john-layman-signs-off-from-cyclops

X-Position with John Layman - and the end of Cyclops solo.

Next week, X-Position gets back into the "Wolverines" groove with writer Ray Fawkes. Have a question for Ray? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position" or if 140 character questions are more your speed, try Twitter. But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

[email protected]

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-fawkes-teases-twists-turns-in-wolverines

Wolverines writers Charles Soule and Ray Fawkes

Next week, "Amazing X-Men" scribe Chris Yost pays another visit to X-Position. Have a question for Chris? Go ahead and send 'em in via an e-mail with the subject line "X-Position" or if 140 character questions are more your speed, try Twitter. But get 'em in quickly, because the deadline's Friday! Make it happen!

[email protected]