Author Topic: Secret Wars  (Read 36214 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Secret Wars
« on: November 16, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »
New event: Secret Wars

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=57121

Edit: I added some general info about the event via wiki, since this is a sticky thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Wars_%282015_comic_book%29

The storyline involves the Marvel Universe combining with various other alternate universes (including the Ultimate Marvel, Age of Apocalypse, and Marvel 2099 universes) into Battleworld, a world that exhibits aspects of the various universes. This results in a new, single universe that will become the status quo for Marvel Comics, similar to how DC Comics restructured its universe in storylines such as Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The core limited series will be eight issues long, likely running for five months. The mini series are in three categories, which are Battleworld, Warzones, and Last Days. One of the core miniseries is Ultimate End which ends the Ultimate Marvel imprint after 15 years. Ultimate End is written by Brian Michael Bendis and artist Mark Bagley, the team that began the Ultimate Marvel universe with Ultimate Spider-Man.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:26:40 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Secret Wars
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 08:31:05 AM »
 ???.... Ah, %#@%.

This really is just a big excuse for them to handpick characters status ques from past media and timelines and shoe horn them together. Not to mention they might be eating Malibu comics... This may be the only interesting part. Do this. Fresh meet.

Just reboot the universe and bypass all this foolishness Marvel... Who comes up with this crap?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:37:16 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
Updating this thread, going to sticky it too, since its the big event next.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/gabriel-clarifies-secret-wars-effect-on-marvels-publishing-line

David also provided the site with the following list of series which will come to a conclusion as a result of the "Secret Wars" event, with the caveat that some may return in the future in some form or another.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:42:12 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 04:30:35 PM »
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:32:26 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
Fabian - Great News :D

Magneto and Rogue in one book :-[

Offline Askia32

• Thief's Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »
Woops, posted this in another thread, and late.  Sorry, I wish I saw it was already posted.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 06:15:18 PM »
Woops, posted this in another thread, and late.  Sorry, I wish I saw it was already posted.

LOL - all I good, I do that too.  :)  And I'll fix it or merge or just let it go.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »
Didn't they put the AoA universe to bed already?  I thought it was destroyed.  And also half of those characters have died like, twice already.  Just let it go, Marvel!

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 06:53:50 PM »
Didn't they put the AoA universe to bed already?  I thought it was destroyed.  And also half of those characters have died like, twice already.  Just let it go, Marvel!

I'm more excited for that series than any other one in secret wars.  Like FabNic said, it happens in a separate reality than the original AoA BECAUSE the last AoA was literally destroyed. I loved the series that spun out of X-Force and I'm glad they're going back to it for this. How could they not with all the other events they're revisiting?
Who Dat

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 07:53:17 PM »
There should be any number of universes where Apocalypse rose to power as there are alternate universes out there where Xavier was hit by a bus or died via some other method than Legion.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 08:32:48 PM »
I love AoA but that cover just reminded me its what inspired Roguneto... I wonder who they'll be keeping from this reality? I'm going on the assumption that they are going make a new universe out of thus giant pool of characters. What an undertaking, while it sound unnecessary, it sure does look like a fun job... I bet there's a lot of arguing.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 05:16:08 AM »
Fab is Back  ;D noice

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 08:51:24 AM »
Marvel to cancel 33 books for Secret Wars

https://youtu.be/7tSFx1_zLMU

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 09:38:10 AM »
Marvel to cancel 33 books for Secret Wars

https://youtu.be/7tSFx1_zLMU

Wait. Why Magneto is not cancelled?