Author Topic: Secret Wars  (Read 36201 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
Re: Secret Wars
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »
I think it's a cool cover.. I just have developed a pretty strong distaste for Bendis and how he thinks he's above everything.
Who Dat

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »
TBH I thought the cover was egotistical. Or maybe its some joke I don't get.  LOL

no, you nailed it. Him AS HIMSELF, on a cover, arrogantly smirking like he's a demigod genius, "dropping the mic", ugh.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2015, 07:32:31 PM »
Some news about SW and Battleworld.  Not allot just what will be around after the event:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/when-secret-wars-ends-not-everything-from-battleworld-will-go-with-it

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Post Secret Wars - 8 months Later the New MU
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2015, 01:06:36 PM »
8 months later ....

http://www.newsarama.com/24543-marvel-talks-about-post-secret-wars-marvel-new-mu.html

Marvel has finally elaborated on an announcement they made to a room full of comic book retailers at C2E2 last month - that the publisher will be jumping ahead 8 months in story time after Secret Wars, similar to the recent "Time Runs Out" or DC's "One Year Later" storylines.

“In the same way that events jumped forward in time eight months in Avengers and New Avengers during the lead-up to Secret Wars, so too when we enter the new Marvel Universe eight months will have passed for all of the characters as well,” Senior Vice President of Publishing Tom Brevoort explained. “This provides our creators, even apart from Secret Wars, to drop into exciting new situations and status quos on the fly. So look for surprises and mysteries and changes galore as series resume in the NEW MU.”

"New MU" seems to be the official designation for the post-Secret Wars landscape of Marvel's main comic book continuity.

Marvel also confirmed that Secret Wars series A-Force and Weirdworld would continue after the event's end, and confirmed that both Maestro of Future Imperfect and the creature team in Mrs. Deadpool & The Howling Commandos would as well. The titles previewed on Free Comic Book Day - All-New, All-Different Avengers and Uncanny Inhumans take place in NEW MU as well.

Brevoort went on to say that every one of the Secret Wars tie-in series would contribute something forward after Secret Wars ends.

“As we’ve been saying, the building blocks of the NEW MU are being established throughout the various Secret Wars titles, with every series contributing something to the NEW MU," Brevoort says. "Whether that something is a character, a place, an environment, an object, a status quo, or any other thing that you might think of."

Translation - like most recent Marvel events, the publisher is billing Secret Wars as the current 'big thing' but also as the precursor/lead-in to the next 'bigger thing' - New MU.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2015, 11:45:54 AM »
Secret Wars Journal #2  out on Wed 6/10

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/secret-wars-journal-2-marvel-comics-2015

Those of you who love Sinister, this might be worth picking up.  :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
Secret Wars Journal #2  out on Wed 6/10

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/secret-wars-journal-2-marvel-comics-2015

Those of you who love Sinister, this might be worth picking up.  :)

Sinister and Spurrier sounds good to me :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2015, 05:14:24 PM »
I really liked this Daredevil/Sinister short story by Spurrier.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2015, 05:41:44 PM »
I really liked this Daredevil/Sinister short story by Spurrier.

the art wasnt great, but the story was in the end twisted, good read

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2015, 11:41:24 AM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/secret-wars-star-wars-continue-to-lead-marvel-to-top-of-sales-charts-in-june-2015

Sales charts for June - and how well Secret Wars is performing.  Star Wars doing well is no surprise to me.

Xmen '92 did fairly well too.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:08 PM »
I relly liked AOA #1. Fabian was really good. There were no rogneto in it and I really hope I won`t see it in futere issues too.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
I was thinking about DLing AoA and Civil War... Then saw they both cost $5 each. Can't say the amount adds up to enjoyment. Not buying but I see Gambit is back in X92... I giggle every time he talks in the third. I'll wait for the main SW title.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 06:34:48 PM »
A fan asked why some characters, like Storm and Wolverine, get the spotlight over others, like Rogue and Gambit. "It's all about who's writing the books," said Alonso. "There's a lot of love for Rogue and she's in a team book ['Uncanny Avengers'] and there's been a lot of love for Jubilee. She's popped up recently... The great thing about all them is that they could all anchor a solo series, like Cullen's 'Magneto.' Meet the writer who gets the character and we'll do it."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-inhumans-mutants-collide-in-all-new-all-different-marvel

Asked about Gambit and gave answer about Jubs? LOL

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »
I noticed that - Gambit was ignored in the answer.  He is right about one thing which we've always known.  It's who is writing the books.

IMO - there are not too many in if any at the moment who give a crap about Gambit or want to write him.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:42:25 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
A fan asked why some characters, like Storm and Wolverine, get the spotlight over others, like Rogue and Gambit. "It's all about who's writing the books," said Alonso. "There's a lot of love for Rogue and she's in a team book ['Uncanny Avengers'] and there's been a lot of love for Jubilee. She's popped up recently... The great thing about all them is that they could all anchor a solo series, like Cullen's 'Magneto.' Meet the writer who gets the character and we'll do it."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-inhumans-mutants-collide-in-all-new-all-different-marvel

Asked about Gambit and gave answer about Jubs? LOL

That was funny. And expected. I firmly believe Gambit is considered a "no fly zone". And the only reason we've seen this much so far is because his roles were already written into books. Since they were minor and have no real influence on how most will view him they were allowed to remain. Just a theory that makes sense in my head.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2015, 02:17:14 AM »
Why is Gambit such a no go Zone?. .  Is it so they can establish Rogue as a go to Gal with out him attached to her at the hip?