Author Topic: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread  (Read 28159 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2015, 09:33:22 AM »
http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/124152976343/hey-tom-really-loving-secret-wars-amp-looking

While the question is specific about Rogue - the general issue I've got with the answer - is the double dipping comment.  Who is he kidding.

Hey Tom, really loving Secret Wars & looking forward to what's next. I'm wondering: can a character like Rogue appear in an x-title even though she's on an Avengers team, or are you trying to limit the number of teams characters are on?
-actualzach

We’re trying not to double-dip on characters as much as possible, so I wouldn’t want Rogue to be appearing regularly as a member of another team–that would just create a whole lot of coordination difficulties for both books. That said, there’s absolutely no reason why she can’t show up in X-titles as the occasion warrants.-Brevoort

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »
http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/124152976343/hey-tom-really-loving-secret-wars-amp-looking

While the question is specific about Rogue - the general issue I've got with the answer - is the double dipping comment.  Who is he kidding.

I agree if he was talking double dipping the characters pre SW but now it looks like the new X-books do not have any of the same characters on them, the only 2 characters in other books are Logan and new wolverine (X - 23). I really hate it when all the same characters are on all the books so hopefully he is serious about it and we can finally get several books with all different cast of characters.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2015, 03:45:23 PM »
lets not forget Deadpool he's got a few books including UA

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »
well looks like ill be saving money in November

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2015, 08:47:33 PM »
Me too, there is nothing I'm interested in.  And allegedly there won't be very many mutants either. 

NicoPony

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
  And allegedly there won't be very many mutants either. 

I thought Hope undid Wanda's No More Mutants spell? 

Wait, what's going on?  I'm so lost.  Where did the last sixteen months go?  Who are you people?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
I thought Hope undid Wanda's No More Mutants spell? 

Wait, what's going on?  I'm so lost.  Where did the last sixteen months go?  Who are you people?

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?12517-The-Complex

But seriously, we don't know what the mist will do or what effects it will have proto-mutants. I'm interested in seeing what it'll do mutants who happen to have one or more Inhuman ancestors. It seems every human with Inhuman genes underwent a metamorphosis. I can't imagine that there aren't at least a handful of mutants that have Inhuman DNA as well.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2015, 10:59:53 PM »
I actually like the sound of most of these book, for me at least all the teams are different  and its not all the same characters again plus each book has a different purpose.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2015, 01:24:25 PM »
Outside of the trades, which there are two collections of AoA - there is no Gambit anywhere. So much for Alonzo and that there is a plan for Gambit.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2015, 04:59:42 PM »
Outside of the trades, which there are two collections of AoA - there is no Gambit anywhere. So much for Alonzo and that there is a plan for Gambit.

there might be something announced @ NYCC also its the same line he has been giving for years

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2015, 08:14:43 AM »
There hasn't been an X-Men panel in more than a year. You think they'll devote any time at all to Gambit's whereabouts? What's funny about this marginalizing of the X-Men is other media outlets other than CBR: the Complex, are starting to pick up on it. iO9 just did a pretty lengthy article on it yesterday.

http://io9.com/in-marvels-comics-the-inhumans-are-about-to-become-the-1730846033

Alonso said he had plans for Gambit for the same reason it was brought last year toward the end of X-Factor, he was tired of his fans constantly asking. I honestly think they hate it when Gambit gets a good reaction, whether if its from movies and or the books. The current crop finds him so distasteful that they just don't want to be bothered. I'd rather he stay in limbo than be written by someone who can't stay in impartial.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:18:13 AM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony