Author Topic: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread  (Read 28169 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »
There hasn't been an X-Men panel in more than a year. You think they'll devote any time at all to Gambit's whereabouts? What's funny about this marginalizing of the X-Men is other media outlets other than CBR: the Complex, are starting to pick up on it. iO9 just did a pretty lengthy article on it yesterday.

http://io9.com/in-marvels-comics-the-inhumans-are-about-to-become-the-1730846033

Alonso said he had plans for Gambit for the same reason it was brought last year toward the end of X-Factor, he was tired of his fans constantly asking. I honestly think they hate it when Gambit gets a good reaction, whether if its from movies and or the books. The current crop finds him so distasteful that they just don't want to be bothered. I'd rather he stay in limbo than be written by someone who can't stay in impartial.

i think they are baffeled by Gambits popularity after all the crappy stuff over the last 13 years he is still as popular

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
i think they are baffeled by Gambits popularity after all the crappy stuff over the last 13 years he is still as popular

I think they are baffled as well.  And Tatum isn't making it any easier for them to ignore Gambit.  Magic Mike may just do some magic or so I hope anyway.  :D

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2015, 03:42:39 PM »
I think they are baffled as well.  And Tatum isn't making it any easier for them to ignore Gambit.  Magic Mike may just do some magic or so I hope anyway.  :D

yup one of the top actors in Hollywood wanted to play Gambit, correct me if im wrong people but i think he is the only top actor to pursue a comic book character role, every other actor was reached out to by Marvel for their cinematic universe even the DC and Fox universe, Ryan Reynolds was always interested in Deadpool but Tatum kicked the damn door down and has a Gambit solo