Author Topic: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread  (Read 28154 times)

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
Re: Marvel Solicits 2015 Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 08:00:24 PM »
Its a sad thing that this is the only thing that Gambit is going to appear in for a while comic wise, we need to make a fan comic just to keep ourselves busy.
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 08:38:56 PM »
again he left, it wasnt a matter of he didnt have any work , he, said on twitter at the time that when the Gambit series was done he was done with Marvel, his wife or girlfriend had just given birth so he wanted to focus on the home life, he had a success with Gambit a series no one had hopes for, im sure he could have chosen another project, he chose not to

Still, my point was - and still hasn't changed - wished he was still at Marvel.  

It was his wife, btw and they had a son.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:04:37 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 09:05:29 PM »
Left... Not rehired, whatever, I still miss his monthly undertaking of my favorite character. He seemed to be a Gambit fan coming into the project and is known for writing gray area characters well. I think it quickly became a passion project for him. His only real fault with the book was not being upfront with the fans when it got canceled. That annoyed quite a few people.

While it was evident we weren't going to get the gritty side of Gambit (darker, possibly winning a real one on one fight) some of us were hoping for, the lighter, more thoughtful side was being well represented by him and Mann. A real treat. And it was received by the ladies thanks to the initial shower scene.

He was a smart writer. The book had a cinematic feel at times. Appealed to the action fans, hard core Gambit followers, ladies, comedy, espionage, sci-fi, Romy-sters... Awesome.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »
Left... Not rehired, whatever, I still miss his monthly undertaking of my favorite character. He seemed to be a Gambit fan coming into the project and is known for writing gray area characters well. I think it quickly became a passion project for him. His only real fault with the book was not being upfront with the fans when it got canceled. That annoyed quite a few people.

While it was evident we weren't going to get the gritty side of Gambit (darker, possibly winning a real one on one fight) some of us were hoping for, the lighter, more thoughtful side was being well represented by him and Mann. A real treat. And it was received by the ladies thanks to the initial shower scene.

He was a smart writer. The book had a cinematic feel at times. Appealed to the action fans, hard core Gambit followers, ladies, comedy, espionage, sci-fi, Romy-sters... Awesome.

i wished it had continued too he was getting to Sinister :(

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2015, 06:18:35 AM »

:'(
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2015, 06:48:03 AM »

Oohhh, I imagined dark story with Gambit and Sinister pencilledby Mann :'( I need this.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2015, 09:16:30 AM »
Oohhh, I imagined dark story with Gambit and Sinister pencilledby Mann :'( I need this.

we all need this  :'(  im also pretty sure (not that he said anything) that the man who made Joelle immortal would have been in the book too, for some reason i think it was eith Apocalypse, Sinister or someone tie to the Elixer of Life, not Candara she's dead...still i think 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2015, 09:46:30 AM »
we all need this  :'(  im also pretty sure (not that he said anything) that the man who made Joelle immortal would have been in the book too, for some reason i think it was eith Apocalypse, Sinister or someone tie to the Elixer of Life, not Candara she's dead...still i think  

I need to admit that I was one of a few who liked that it wasnt explained who made Joelle immortal. It was enough for me what she told in one sentence. Like how Liu explained how Gambit defeated Deathbit in one sentence.

But if the man who made Joelle immortal was Sinister than it would be awesome. Joelle was born a long time ago so maybe she was part of old Black Womb project or somehow connected with Amanda Mueller.

In Nicieza`s solo Remy time travelled to 1891 when all this Amanda Mueller/Sinister project started.
Maybe Joelle was born in 1891. Then in 1920 she became immortal and her daughter was born . Nowadays her old daughter dies and she decided to kill herself too. It would awesome way to bring back old mystery around Gambit`s past and add new mystery. Also it will allowe to bring Sinister into the book.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 09:48:02 AM by purplevit »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »
I need to admit that I was one of a few who liked that it wasnt explained who made Joelle immortal. It was enough for me what she told in one sentence. Like how Liu explained how Gambit defeated Deathbit in one sentence.

But if the man who made Joelle immortal was Sinister than it would be awesome. Joelle was born a long time ago so maybe she was part of old Black Womb project or somehow connected with Amanda Mueller.

In Nicieza`s solo Remy time travelled to 1891 when all this Amanda Mueller/Sinister project started.
Maybe Joelle was born in 1891. Then in 1920 she became immortal and her daughter was born . Nowadays her old daughter dies and she decided to kill herself too. It would awesome way to bring back old mystery around Gambit`s past and add new mystery. Also it will allowe to bring Sinister into the book.

oh i like it was never mentioned who it was but it felt like a line that would lead to something

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
In the X-Men world most of the folk who have been turned into immortals have been linked to Apocalypse. Namely Exodus and Sinister. There are some more that Rick Remender wrote but they were just canon fodder, nonsensical, anime/manga rejects.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 03:19:46 PM »
In the X-Men world most of the folk who have been turned into immortals have been linked to Apocalypse. Namely Exodus and Sinister. There are some more that Rick Remender wrote but they were just canon fodder, nonsensical, anime/manga rejects.

Exodus ? do tell, i know nothing about him other than he is pink...ish

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:57 PM »
Exodus ? do tell, i know nothing about him other than he is pink...ish

Originally from the 12th century he was a crusader that clashed with the Black Knight..
 Some time after the fight he wondered until his mutant powers emerged. Somehow Apocalypse got a hold of him and transformed him into Exodus. After a while he turned on Apocalypse but was defeated and placed into stasis until Magneto found him and he took Cortez's spot as his 2nd in command on Avalon. He's the nut bag we all know him to be now... With undescribed powers that typically aren't fleshed out more than being "psionic". Think of him as a poor mans whole Legion. Keyword, poor man. He can fly, use tk, tp, teleport, fire blasts of energy, super durable, immortal and uber crazy.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
Originally from the 12th century he was a crusader that clashed with the Black Knight..
 Some time after the fight he wondered until his mutant powers emerged. Somehow Apocalypse got a hold of him and transformed him into Exodus. After a while he turned on Apocalypse but was defeated and placed into stasis until Magneto found him and he took Cortez's spot as his 2nd in command on Avalon. He's the nut bag we all know him to be now... With undescribed powers that typically aren't fleshed out more than being "psionic". Think of him as a poor mans whole Legion. Keyword, poor man. He can fly, use tk, tp, teleport, fire blasts of energy, super durable, immortal and uber crazy.

interesting, is he defiantly Immortal or did he just sleep a long time?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 03:54:32 PM »
interesting, is he defiantly Immortal or did he just sleep a long time?

Good question...  ???

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 08:09:18 PM »
why is he pink ?