Excited, sounds fun
0 (0%)
Skeptical
3 (75%)
Hate it, might be done with Marvel
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 23, 2015, 11:33:46 PM

Author Topic: Secret Wars: Battle World  (Read 37588 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Secret Wars: Battle World
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2015, 07:50:10 AM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/senyc-bendis-marvel-reveal-next-big-things-post-secret-wars

Post Secret Wars. 

New printings of the female books being sold for a buck. Won't get me to pick them up but its cheap.  LOL

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2015, 12:28:22 PM »
they are just the number ones being resold

Offline Faith

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2015, 08:49:04 AM »
Secret Wars Journal #1.  Gambit/Sinister ... or whatever he should be.  Just wall paper in the issue.  And only on the page with cards in the beginning and on the last page with his staff and cards.  He uses his card.

Did we ever get any pics of this or what it was about?

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2015, 09:42:56 AM »
Did we ever get any pics of this or what it was about?

I may have forgotten to get scans.  Give me a few, I'll modify this post.   :)

There is a few pages of a story with Lady Katherine of Bishop, and its in this book because I don't know and its continued in some other book. I'm not going to spend time on that part.

Secret War Journal #1
"We Worship What We Don't Understand"
Rosenberg
Pizzari
Beredo

Egyptia is the place in Battleworld.  The Xmen are slaves to Khonshu - Khonshu is one of the Gods of Celestial Heliopolis - Marvel wiki - I note this because I had no clue.

Colossus says its time to break free from being enslaved. Wolverine, Kitty, Nightcrawler and Colossus are walking to the Khonshu's place - (at night which apparently isn't a wise decision).

Wolverine has info from Moon Knight/Spector on how to get closer to Khonshu. Moon Knights are her guard and Spector is no longer one of the guard.  Spector betrays them, he turns into a Man Wolf (the coughing and holding either your head or tummy indicators that person is changing). They get bitten. Khonshu shows up.  

Khonshu confronts the group and they tell Khonshu they don't want to be made to worship or be slaves.

Nightcrawler died in the man wolf attack, but Colossus, Kitty and Wolverine go back to where the rebel slaves are and all three have a crescent moon on right side of their face. The rebels recognize Khonshu's mark, and its not a good thing. Colossus, Kitty and Wolverine tell the group they would not have survived if not for Khonshu.

Colossus, Kitty and Wolverine tell the rebel group that there is no difference between slaves and lords to Khonshu, that they are given the gift of being allowed to offer greatness in her honor.

Angel argues that Khonshu wouldn't save anyone and is not some merciful God. Wolverine says Khonshu did save them, he begins coughing, Kitty is holding her head. They turn into wolves and bite everyone in the rebellion.  
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:35:07 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »
the privew page is really the best image of him, the second image is half his body as he is being slashed by Wolver-Werwolf

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
He's standing at the top of the page with his cards too.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2015, 12:33:32 PM »
it was a really cool idea but poorly executed and in the end very silly

Offline Faith

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2015, 12:48:32 PM »
Thanks.

There is a few pages of a story with Lady Katherine of Bishop, and its in this book because I don't know and its continued in some other book. I'm not going to spend time on that part.

Kitty is getting a lot of play lately.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:19 PM »
Thanks.

Kitty is getting a lot of play lately.

No problem.  Glad you reminded me.  I have noticed Kitty is getting allot of play too.  She's seems to be in several of the battleworld stuff.  Must be the new favorite. 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 01:31:12 PM »
No problem.  Glad you reminded me.  I have noticed Kitty is getting allot of play too.  She's seems to be in several of the battleworld stuff.  Must be the new favorite. 

new? she has been a constant favorite for a very long time, from Claremont to Wheadon to Bendis is the past few years, she is everywhere its annoying lol

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 07:08:34 PM »
From today's X-Po (6/9/15)
Additionally, nx01a has a straightforward question about the future tone of the X-Men line.

The X-franchise seems to be without any real direction or defining ethos at the moment. How would you sum up what the direction of the X-franchise will be going forward?

Paniccia: nx01a! That's not nice! Take that first statement back! The X-world is a very rich and complex land. Sometimes you need a little distance from something to see it better and I think once you look back you'll see defining moments and ethos. As for where it's going, you'll get massive doses of ethos. So much you will wish you never asked for it!

Christina Harrington: For me, the X-franchise has always been about the characters -- the many, many characters. Seeing the ways in which new authors and artists have built on the relationships between these characters, and the ways in which these characters have grown and evolved over the years, is one of the most satisfying parts of being a long-term X-Men fan. This is an opportunity to shake things up, and to continue the growth of this complicated family of characters.

Is there an answer in there? ... somewhere??  LOL

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2015, 02:28:35 PM »
um im a bit confused with the whole 616 and Ultimate Universe surviving because in SW1 everything died, and in SW3 some of the survivors are with Stephen Strange, and the continuety with 616 Tony Stark is off, Didnt he and Cap die? and isn't he a Superior Dick.....this is confusing

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »
Well Secret Wars #4 was completely amazing. I'll even go as far as quoting Gui and calling it the "the bomb.com". Hickman is the man.

Someone dies. Won't ruin it. Kind of glad too.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2015, 02:12:59 PM »
Well Secret Wars #4 was completely amazing. I'll even go as far as quoting Gui and calling it the "the bomb.com". Hickman is the man.

Someone dies. Won't ruin it. Kind of glad too.

really? i disagree completely with you, they are dragging this out, and two people die , both major ,the first was very satasifing though , last issue and this one could have been made into one issue

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2015, 02:36:34 PM »
Someone pm and tell me who died.  :)

Edit - Thanks Dantay.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:05:56 PM by Nekobaghira »