Excited, sounds fun
0 (0%)
Skeptical
3 (75%)
Hate it, might be done with Marvel
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: February 23, 2015, 11:33:46 PM

Author Topic: Secret Wars: Battle World  (Read 37577 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Secret Wars: Battle World
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2015, 05:01:33 PM »
Yeah I am not reading this stuff. Just throw some spoilers up and say who died please.

EDIT - Nevermind, found it on CBR.  It was Cyclops and Dr. Strange for anyone else that cares but is not reading it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:09:01 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2015, 08:03:43 PM »
I'm not reading it either, so as long as folks use the spoiler tags ... all good to just tell us whats going on.  ;)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2015, 10:42:53 PM »
really? i disagree completely with you, they are dragging this out, and two people die , both major ,the first was very satasifing though , last issue and this one could have been made into one issue

You think? I think it's typical Hickman. The only thing that's bugging me is the lack of direct information. They're telling us what's going on, but not exactly how it all came about.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2015, 01:33:12 PM »
You think? I think it's typical Hickman. The only thing that's bugging me is the lack of direct information. They're telling us what's going on, but not exactly how it all came about.

Its just taking forever to tell something that can be done in one issue, 1 sets up the world which is fine but 2,3 and 4 are so drawn out im losing interest, even the fights arent great the deaths are not shocking and Thors are cannon fodder, its a bit of a cluster, with the lack of direct information it should be called the pronoun game instead of secrete wars, just get on with it Hickman youve built the world and now its time to get stuff done, frickin reboot mechanic 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2015, 02:36:43 PM »
LOL pronoun game. You got me there. But to be fair, IMO I wasn't expecting even this much enjoyment out of the story. The ONLY reason I'm reading is because its a Hickman story. After Infinity, for all its pomp, I became a fan of his writings. What saddens me is the fall line up following the story. I'm not looking forward to ANYTHING coming out of Marvel, especially the X-Men franchise.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »
LOL pronoun game. You got me there. But to be fair, IMO I wasn't expecting even this much enjoyment out of the story. The ONLY reason I'm reading is because its a Hickman story. After Infinity, for all its pomp, I became a fan of his writings. What saddens me is the fall line up following the story. I'm not looking forward to ANYTHING coming out of Marvel, especially the X-Men franchise.

i found it very hard to follow all his avengers stuff, and with all the recent crossovers im just negative to it all, i enjoyed the first issue but God Doom is too much, even if he did kill a character that has need to be offed for some time now its all rinse and repeat

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2015, 10:29:04 AM »
the tie in issues to this even are pointless, some of them will be ongoings but i cant see them lasting a few so far ended with everyone dieing so the whole journey is pointless and contributes to nothing, i know it suck that theres a lack of Gambit but considering the stuff thats being put out we should be thankful, he had a good showing as the collector so its the small things