Author Topic: Star Wars Thread  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Star Wars Thread
« on: March 20, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
Marvel's other new line of books is Star Wars.

All of the books take place after the destruction of the Death Star.

Gillen is writing Darth Vader.  While there are some things that make me roll my eyes, overall a good read.  Issue #3 out on Wed.

Waid is writing Princess Leia - its okay. 

Aaron is writing Star Wars - the group book.  I haven't tried this one.  I guess I should have picked up issue one but ... I didn't think about it.  #2 and 3 are already out.

There is definite nod to the franchise. 

Anyway - its not bad.  Anyone else check these books out?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Star Wars Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:14:03 PM »
Afrer Squirell girl and Howard the duck I think Marvel can make even Ewok Srar Wars solo :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »
Afrer Squirell girl and Howard the duck I think Marvel can make even Ewok Srar Wars solo :)

You are too funny! .... But not wrong - Marvel will exploit anything. LOL

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:35:16 PM »
For those looking for Darth Vader today - there was a mess up at the printer.  Shops were shorted on their orders. 

Interesting thing though, Star Wars is selling better under Marvel than it did under IDW.

Anyway - if you got it, awesome.  Allot will end up getting it next week.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 03:45:13 PM »
But I found this interesting because I'm not sure if it will cause a stir or not.  

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/star-wars-comic-expands-universe-with-major-surprise

I don't know if Star Wars fans are as passionate as other fans who ship things but .... the this surprise is unexpected.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:09:41 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-aaron-gillen-take-vader-down-in-marvels-first-star-wars-crossover-event

A planned cross over with Star Wars and Darth Vader.  Might as well, get more people buying these books.  They're already some of Marvel's best selling books.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Star Wars lore change?
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:09:33 AM »
http://kotaku.com/it-s-an-awkward-time-to-be-a-star-wars-fan-1734751595?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Kotaku's story about the Star Wars Universe and how its changing to meet up with the new film.

I have to say I've read Heir of the Empire by Timothy Zahn.  I have finished the trilogy but I do love the Chiss race.  And I hope they make it to the big screen.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 02:17:38 PM »
I'm of the opinion that the one good thing to come out of the prequel era was the video game series, Knights of the Old Republic, and that everything except for that and the related materials should've been erased. It's so far in the past that it doesn't affect anything in the movies.