Author Topic: The Guilds in the new Mutant World  (Read 2497 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
The Guilds in the new Mutant World
« on: October 05, 2019, 07:38:01 PM »
House of X and Powers of X has presented us with a whole new world for the X-Men and Mutants in general. Jonathan Hickman seemingly took X-Men Reds shallow concept of a mutant nation and made it work.

As of the formation of the Quiet Council and Krakoa being recognized as a sovereign nation with every mutant on Earth being recognized as a citizen of it- if Gambit is caught stealing from anyone in the world, won't it create international incident with serious political implications? Even if he isn't caught personally but someone from the guild... Heck, if someone from the guild assassinates someone, can't he and Krakoa be implicated?

Would it be any better than the Hellfire Club getting caught bribing a politician? Or worse because the Guild is a criminal organization?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: The Guilds in the new Mutant World
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 03:54:09 AM »
He was completely absent from HOXPOX but already on Krakoa in Excalibur previews.

In latest article about him in Excalibur is said: "His fabled past as a thief".

I think that Hickman and other writers don`t care for Gambit much and are not interested in Guilds. So they just will ignore them and won`t use.

Jean-Luc will lead them and then in 10 years we will get a new arc how someone want to steal throne from Gambit again.

With his status as King, Ha,bit could provide deiifewrent resources and information for Krakoa that othes won`t be able to get. But it won`t happen of course.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 08:45:09 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 08:46:35 AM »
Everyone's so upbeat here these days! It's blowing me away!  :D
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »
Sorry Man :)

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 11:38:15 PM »
It’s such an upbeat story though. ;)

‘Bad news guys, we’re all going to get killed by robots in the future.’

‘Crap, not again!’

‘Don’t worry. I have plan to keep everyone safe by moving to Krakoa!

‘But Krakoa eats mutants’

‘Non, no, he’s nice now and can also make magic drugs that will give an advantage in world trade and politics!’

‘Well, ok maybe that’s good’

‘And no one will ever die anyone because we can be resurrected!’

‘Cool!’

‘Yes, some random mutants also got a magic upgrades, so they can bring anyone back and restore their minds with Cerebro, which has been secretly recording all of your private thoughts for years!’

‘...oh...I guess that’s handy...’

‘And because we need a united front on the world stage I invited all mutants to live there, even the psychotic insane ones!’

‘...do we really need them?’

‘Don’t worry about them. If anything happens, and it probably will,( because it’s not against Krakoa law to kill any of you,) I’ll just resurrect you!

‘...great.’