Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098760 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1140 on: July 18, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »
It'll be a big indicator of whether or not I want to stick with it for those said 11 issues too lol
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1141 on: July 18, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »
Not sure why its printing so small but I fixed it Purp. I think if that keeps happening open a doc and paste, adjust the size and then copy and paste.

Anyway - sounds interesting. Guess we'll see. :)

Thanks Neko. I just posted text and then on finished post I saw boxes [size].
I edited post and deleted boxes.
I don't know why it is happening only with me:)[/size]

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1142 on: July 19, 2017, 01:45:03 AM »
Could anybody post a summary of this and possibly a few scans? I won't be home till next week and there's always a chance  it sells out.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1143 on: July 19, 2017, 02:11:29 AM »
Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1144 on: July 19, 2017, 10:46:18 AM »
Astonishing X-Men #1 comes out tomorrow. The (horrible) Jim Cheung cover: $5. A Gambit/Rogue Artgerm variant cover: $125. A Jim Lee classic cover with Gambit, among others: $1,200.

I really despise Marvel.

what... the... hell?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cajunpirate

• Master Thief
« Reply #1145 on: July 19, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »
http://www.midtowncomics.com/images/product/xl/1664315_xl.jpg

http://www.midtowncomics.com/images/PRODUCT/FUL/1664316_ful.jpg

A shame too. I would have gotten the Gambit / Rogue one if it wasn't way too costly.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1146 on: July 19, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
Just so you know why these covers cost as much as they do ..... its an ordering thing from Marvel.

The Gambit/Rogue was a 1 in 100 order. In order for shops to get that cover they have to order 100 copies of Astonishing Xmen. I did get the cover, it was $75 ... I have a limit on what I'll spend but I do like that cover.

Now ... for the cover with Jim Lee/card cover ... which you find for $1000 or more is because the shop that ordered it, had to order 1000 copies of Astonishing Xmen.

These shops have to find a way to re-coop their spending and the only way to do that is up the price on the variant.

Seriously, these shops are stuck with copies of books that will not leave the shop. My shop won't sell all copies of Astonishing it ordered to get ONE cover of Gambit/Rogue variant. To get two of that, the shop would have had to order another 100 copies.

Its a horrible business model and a total loss for shops and fans.

The Dodson cover was cheaper (Psylocke/Fantomex) but again ... the price is upped to cover the amount of issues sitting on the shelf.

Now, when we the sales numbers for July and where Astonishing Xmen lands .. which if there were places who ordered 1000 to get a cover to sell for $1000. The number is inflated. It won't actually be based on how many purchased the book by the consumer because its distribution based.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:49:09 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1147 on: July 21, 2017, 05:27:11 AM »
During today’s Next Big Thing Panel at Comic-Con International San Diego, Marvel Entertainment announced that this fall, it would be debuting X-MEN GRAND DESIGN by acclaimed artist Ed Piskor (Hip-Hop Family Tree).[/size]A true inclusive book for all X-Men fans, X-MEN GRAND DESIGN stitches together the stories of the important years of the X-Men. Bridging the history of everyone’s favorite mutants with the present day, it’s a title that truly sums up Marvel Legacy and its importance to the Marvel Universe.Filled with Easter Eggs from years past for die-hard X-fans and nods to the present day X-Men stories, X-MEN GRAND DESIGN is a celebration of the X-Men – past, present, and future. Coming this fall!

[/color]

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1148 on: July 21, 2017, 07:16:35 AM »
I think it's a cool idea... Looking forward to seeing some preview art
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:05:28 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1150 on: July 25, 2017, 09:07:45 AM »
Its interesting - unique use going with the black and using the other colors to offset it the art.

I get the fan love for it but .... to me its like with those on deviant art do a bunch of stuff with Kitch as Gambit.

It's nice. :) LOL

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1151 on: July 26, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »
It looks pretty cool. Honestly, I can't wait for a real official one with Channing Tatum in full costume

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1152 on: July 27, 2017, 08:22:00 AM »
It looks pretty cool. Honestly, I can't wait for a real official one with Channing Tatum in full costume

Me too! Intersting how they will make his eyes.

Also I think we will see headsock at least for boss battle.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #1153 on: July 27, 2017, 05:54:16 PM »

Me too! Intersting how they will make his eyes.

Also I think we will see headsock at least for boss battle.

I think we might see the headsock as well at some point. Mainly because Tatum has mentioned it before in an interview already.

Personally, I think they could release a close up shot of his eyes with black sclera, red iris's, and black pupils and maybe a piece of hair hanging in front as an early teaser shot and people would flip and start getting excited. Just my opinion.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1154 on: July 28, 2017, 02:24:13 AM »

I think we might see the headsock as well at some point. Mainly because Tatum has mentioned it before in an interview already.

Personally, I think they could release a close up shot of his eyes with black sclera, red iris's, and black pupils and maybe a piece of hair hanging in front as an early teaser shot and people would flip and start getting excited. Just my opinion.

He may look scary with black/red eyes but damn, Deadpool was ugly most of movie and it was ok :)