Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098282 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #1440 on: March 20, 2018, 09:39:47 AM »
Huh, a don't know if that's good or bad. Guess I'll hope for good...
Me too :)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1441 on: March 20, 2018, 11:27:37 AM »
Huh, a don't know if that's good or bad. Guess I'll hope for good...

I think it's good. I haven't been reading any of the SW comics, but from what I've heard, they've been good for the most part. I bet this fuels the speculation that they are going to re-launch a majority of the X-Books

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1442 on: March 20, 2018, 01:09:46 PM »
It's good. Definitely good.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1443 on: March 20, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »
Well, he did miss Gambit eyes in All-New X-Factor ..... LMAO. I think its good. He's good guy and is nice to fans. :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1444 on: March 21, 2018, 05:41:05 AM »
June solications

ASTONISHING X-MEN #12[/color][/size]CHARLES SOULE (W) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (A)COVER BY GREG LAND THE FINAL SHOWDOWN FOR…A MAN CALLED X!• It’s XAVIER and PSYLOCKE versus PROTEUS!• In a battle for reality itself, which of these super-powered psychics will win?• And when the dust settles, what’s next for the Astonishing X-men?32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

X-MEN RED #5TOM TAYLOR (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)Cover by TRAVIS CHARESTHEADSHOT VARIANT BY TRAVIS CHARESTMUTANT HATE IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH…• …and Jean Grey is caught right in the middle!• CASSANDRA NOVA’s plan is finally revealed….but to devastating consequences.• And just because JEAN GREY’s team finally knows what’s going on, doesn’t mean they can actually stop it.• Someone close to Jean is about to become Nova’s latest pawn…but who? And why?32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

[/color]

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #1445 on: March 21, 2018, 08:23:28 AM »
Well, he did miss Gambit eyes in All-New X-Factor ..... LMAO. I think its good. He's good guy and is nice to fans. :)

The one thing I miss about X-Factor was PADs ability to mold banter. The conversations that were had were pretty top notch. I loved Gambit's back and forth's with Quicksilver. I also miss the chemistry Asmus created between Gambit and Wisdom. Hell, the way Asmus wrote Gambit, period was pretty awesome imo. Lot of deep-cut stuff most writers don't bother using. Like exploring Gambit's underlining intelligence, or his affinity for TNG and Harry Potter (probably Asmus pseudo-projecting, but it fit).
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1446 on: March 21, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »
June solications

ASTONISHING X-MEN #12CHARLES SOULE (W) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (A)COVER BY GREG LAND THE FINAL SHOWDOWN FOR…A MAN CALLED X!• It’s XAVIER and PSYLOCKE versus PROTEUS!• In a battle for reality itself, which of these super-powered psychics will win?• And when the dust settles, what’s next for the Astonishing X-men?32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Lol of course AXM would end with a Land cover. Ugh.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1447 on: March 21, 2018, 10:42:59 AM »

Lol of course AXM would end with a Land cover. Ugh.

It seems that AXM won`t end with 12. Rumour is that it will continue with a new writer and Land on art.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:47:06 AM by purplevit »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1448 on: March 21, 2018, 11:53:25 AM »

It seems that AXM won`t end with 12. Rumour is that it will continue with a new writer and Land on art.

Hmm interesting. Really not a fan of Land, but if they writing gets better I'd be interested bc I really love the lineup

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #1449 on: March 21, 2018, 01:43:35 PM »
I like the Astonishing line-up (except Fantomex), so I hope it continues with a new writer. Unless they change the line-up :P

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #1450 on: March 21, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »
I like the Astonishing line-up (except Fantomex), so I hope it continues with a new writer. Unless they change the line-up :P

Agreed!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #1451 on: March 21, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
I'm on the fence with this title. Like PAD's older X-Factor ... back in the day, it did whatever the writer wanted. Now, with the audience getting smaller, there isn't as much investment for the satellite books.

I can't say I would like it to continue or not because Soule's version has been disappointing. While I know Liu's got her detractors, I thought she handled the book pretty well for the most part. It wasn't perfect by any stretch. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #1452 on: March 26, 2018, 10:41:33 AM »
Decided to share my new fanart with Gambit while we are waiting for new real movie or comics news

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #1453 on: March 26, 2018, 11:12:16 AM »
Decided to share my new fanart with Gambit while we are waiting for new real movie or comics news

Wow, nice work! Love that you used his new costume. Also, Goatee Sinister is Best Sinister

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #1454 on: March 26, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »

very cool!!!