Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098431 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2015, 04:28:22 PM »
I just hope he doesn't end up on Uncanny Avengers, I don't mind him and Rogue teaming up again, just do not want him looking stupid or pathetic again.

Agreed, he doesn't need to be a prop to Rogue. And I don't want that either.  I want him to have role that is good for him even if its a small role, and unique to him without losing his identity to another character.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:19:38 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2015, 04:35:42 PM »
 I can't see him being in any other book written by anyone on the panel other then Uncanny Avengers. Unless there is a book I can't think off right now. With are luck Gambit dies from the T mist and Rogue has to continue fighting on despite her loss and prove she can be a hero and defend the Inhumans or something stupid like that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:39:02 PM by mythogma »
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2015, 04:55:26 PM »
It's either Duggan and Uncanny Avengers or Pak has an unannounced book that will be announced soon. It definitely isn't Tieri, he hates Gambit. I wish it was Ewing or Spencer though.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
UNCANNY AVENGERS #3
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • RYAN STEGMAN (A/C)
Variant cover by Tradd Moore
MARVEL ‘92 VARIANT BY WHILCE PORTACIO
• The Avengers close in on the new Inhuman that’s destroying Boston.
• The Torch wishes he paid better attention in science class, and an Avenger has a secret that may undo the team before it begins!
• Plus -- the surprising final member of this series makes a grand and bloody entrance.

I do not want Gambit to be an Avenger but at the same time I would love him to join UA.

I was waiting a long time for Gambit and Deadpool story.

Gambit had stories with QS, Rogue, Voodoo, Deadpool (was hired to kill). All this history could work really good for him. Also Duggan is really good writer.

If he will be written good in UA then I will be happy.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:06:55 PM by purplevit »

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
If Duggan avoids the romance and writes them as teammates/friends, I will cry tears of joy. Gambit being an Avenger has been something I've wanted to see for a while now (also something I wanted to do once I started writing comics). My friends and I would make lists about who should be Avengers and Gambit was always at the top.

Also, think about it. This team already has Quicksilver, Steve Rogers, Spider-Man, Rogue, and Human Torch. Them's some big names. Haven't we all wanted Gambit to be more involved and start interacting with some bigger names for a while now?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2015, 03:12:15 AM »
Also Gambit joining UA could work as continuation of sub plot from his solo when Rogue asked him to join team.

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2015, 03:25:09 AM »
Also Gambit joining UA could work as continuation of sub plot from his solo when Rogue asked him to join team.

It would be a pleasant surprise if that happened, but I do have my doubts that Duggan would go there.

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »
If Duggan avoids the romance and writes them as teammates/friends, I will cry tears of joy. Gambit being an Avenger has been something I've wanted to see for a while now (also something I wanted to do once I started writing comics). My friends and I would make lists about who should be Avengers and Gambit was always at the top.

Also, think about it. This team already has Quicksilver, Steve Rogers, Spider-Man, Rogue, and Human Torch. Them's some big names. Haven't we all wanted Gambit to be more involved and start interacting with some bigger names for a while now?

As long as he's not a prop for sympathy while Rogue is in a hospital bed. I can deal with the Avengers thing.  I don't want to go backwards to the days of XML.  Gambit needs to be his own character.  

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:49:45 AM by Nekobaghira »

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 03:49:38 PM »
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/10/nycc15-the-all-new-all-different-marvel-panel-in-full/

Gambit is showing up somewhere but not in an X-Men book, and it is a major role.

Guys. I think we know what's going down.

Also Neko, apparently Rogue is only in the coma for a short while. She's perfectly fine in the Uncanny Avengers #1 preview.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2015, 04:35:02 PM »
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/10/nycc15-the-all-new-all-different-marvel-panel-in-full/

Guys. I think we know what's going down.

Also Neko, apparently Rogue is only in the coma for a short while. She's perfectly fine in the Uncanny Avengers #1 preview.

We do? .....i um.... i mean WE DO, but for those that dont know, not me i might add, i toates knows whats going down, but for those who dont, could you say...whats going down?

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
So wait wait wait wait wait, these are the normal earth characters again?  Sorry I know I keep asking what's going on but I'm not really reading anything right now.  Saw this comment on another forum:

For those asking " didn't Deadpool die" the answer is quite simple, everyone died ..... well exept the very few that escaped when the two earths collided. The eath is back due to the events of Secret Wars so everyone who died in the catastrophe are back, simple.
A cosmic event seems to be the only way to kill Deadpool.

So, if Gambit does join this team then it's....normal Gambit?  Alternate earth Gambit but the same as normal Gambit?  New Gambit? 

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2015, 07:57:24 PM »
So wait wait wait wait wait, these are the normal earth characters again?  Sorry I know I keep asking what's going on but I'm not really reading anything right now.  Saw this comment on another forum:

So, if Gambit does join this team then it's....normal Gambit?  Alternate earth Gambit but the same as normal Gambit?  New Gambit? 

Original 616 Gambit every one else seems to be back who "died"at the beginning of SW

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2015, 01:36:12 AM »
I don't see why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that Gambit will be joining UA. That solicit doesn't reference Gambit in any way. I'd say it had more to do with Pete Wisdom, assuming they were using "bloody" as Brits use it and not referring to actual blood. Then I'd say it might be Moon Knight or maybe... well I don't really care past that point.

They said Gambit will be have a major role in a non X-Men book. That's great, and not so great. IMO of course. Great, because Gambit finally gets out from underneath the sinking X-Men brand that barely utilized him when they had exclusive control. Not so great is the fact that hes got a film on the horizon. Major role can easily translate to "tragic death".
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2015, 08:17:20 AM »
I don't see why everyone is jumping to the conclusion that Gambit will be joining UA. That solicit doesn't reference Gambit in any way. I'd say it had more to do with Pete Wisdom, assuming they were using "bloody" as Brits use it and not referring to actual blood. Then I'd say it might be Moon Knight or maybe... well I don't really care past that point.

In that case it would've needed to read "a bloody grand entrance", otherwise they're just saying "a grand and very entrance". 

Original 616 Gambit every one else seems to be back who "died"at the beginning of SW

So what you're trying to tell me is that a major Marvel event that was supposed to change everything didn't really change much at all?  That's new  :P

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2015, 11:19:08 AM »
I don't know why everyone is jumping to conclusions that is UA either.  And its not just here.