Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098225 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2015, 06:09:32 PM »
Thanks Deathsun.  I will fix links if I can.  And yes, that one did work after I did a quick edit. And Thanks Purplevit for sharing another link.

I'm just glad people are asking about Gambit.  :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 06:13:22 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2015, 06:10:35 PM »
Sorry for broken link and i don't know if this one is correct.  Here is the other question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wapx8xnEFaA&feature=youtube&t=7h5m30s

It is a shame that he forgot which book it is  :idiot2:

Thanks. I hope his role will be really major.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »
Thanks. I hope his role will be really major.

Is no one else afraid of death?!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2015, 10:46:40 PM »

I thought that was 6 feet under with a sign that reads "DONT UNCOVER"
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2015, 03:12:10 AM »

he has a major role really doesnt translate to he will die, like, ive never heard a character mentioned to have a major role and then is killed off....unless he is killed off and brought back again

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
It's still not out of the realm of possibility. A major role leading to a major death.  :-X

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
Death? Almost all 2015 he was in limbo. Result the same as to be dead. Really bad year for Gambit.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2015, 03:28:32 PM »
he has a major role really doesnt translate to he will die, like, ive never heard a character mentioned to have a major role and then is killed off....unless he is killed off and brought back again

I didnt like the tone of voice and body language. The "X-Men fans will continue to be unhappy" joke didnt sit well with me, as if we cant be satisfied because we as nearly a whole have disagree with the vast majority of stories that have been published in the last 5-8 years, with small exceptions. But the whole panel itself seemed lifeless and lacking of joy. Kind of a Marshawn Lynch approach of "I'm just here so I don't get fined" kind of feel. Google it, if you don't get what I'm talking about.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »
Yeah. It is strange.

X fans, buy are new comics that will make you really angry in issues #3 and 5 ???
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:13:01 PM by purplevit »

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »
I didnt like the tone of voice and body language. The "X-Men fans will continue to be unhappy" joke didnt sit well with me, as if we cant be satisfied because we as nearly a whole have disagree with the vast majority of stories that have been published in the last 5-8 years, with small exceptions. But the whole panel itself seemed lifeless and lacking of joy. Kind of a Marshawn Lynch approach of "I'm just here so I don't get fined" kind of feel. Google it, if you don't get what I'm talking about.

But it is true though, some fans have already decided that the story is going to suck and refuse to even consider that it might be good. It is unfair to everyone who is involved in the process like the writers, artists, and yes even the publisher and the editors. But marvel knows this now and are not afraid to bring it up, if some consumers can constant bring up how bad is going to be in every forum and everywhere else then talk about it then sorry they have a right to bring it up as well and even make a joke about it. About the panel itself come on they have been there since the comic con started dealing with panel after panel and thousands of fans you expect them to be alert and not a little bit tired. Sorry but to me that is a little unfair. That is just my opinion though.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »
And its not just panel after panel either.  They spend time on "flloor" to sign things and talk with fans.  An exhibition hall type setting.  Plus whatever else is expected of them.  It's not just showing up for an hour and leaving. These things get crazy and its hard for those who are guests to be featured at the event to even leave the building for downtime.

I'm just adding to your comments Mythogma. :)  

Words for thought as it were.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:25:00 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
X-Fans as in X-Books and Gamit wont be in an X-Book itll either be a solo or an Inhumans book or something entirely different like a Heroes for Hire

Offline albahan888

• Master Thief
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »
Yeah. It is strange.

X fans, buy are new comics that will make you really angry in issues #3 and 5 ???

Sadly that seems to be the new way to get sales in comics nowadays. Piss your fanbase off. I don't get it most (or all) of the time but that's why I pretty much don't buy anything right now especially from Marvel or DC. Just go for shock value and 'EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE' all the time. Why should anyone care? Sadly I try not to anymore even though I clearly do cause I'm still here checking on Gambit and naively hoping maybe they'll get it right sometime soon.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2015, 05:17:42 PM »
Good point Albahan888.

Look at the Iceman thing.  There is an attitude at Marvel that they piss people off all the time, its just the way it is, its not to be malicious or anything. (I can find you a link, while it was an okay to publish convo but not for here. That is I won't assume for here but I can point it to you.)

The hot spots/issues get them sales, get people talking about their product and they need that to get more sales. I have to see this/buy this type of thing. They want people buying their books and they're doing anything they can to achieve that.

I am not buying into the possibility of death in the major role story for Gambit. They kill Gambit off, it makes things easy for me monetarily.  

It really has become very episodic when it comes to comic books.  The long term stories don't mean much and can be easily changed. IMO

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:33:13 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2015, 01:05:53 AM »
But it is true though, some fans have already decided that the story is going to suck and refuse to even consider that it might be good. It is unfair to everyone who is involved in the process like the writers, artists, and yes even the publisher and the editors. But marvel knows this now and are not afraid to bring it up, if some consumers can constant bring up how bad is going to be in every forum and everywhere else then talk about it then sorry they have a right to bring it up as well and even make a joke about it. About the panel itself come on they have been there since the comic con started dealing with panel after panel and thousands of fans you expect them to be alert and not a little bit tired. Sorry but to me that is a little unfair. That is just my opinion though.

It comes with the territory. I'm supposed to give them a pass on a poor attitude because they might be sick of trying to sell me on their products? Having to be on the floor and answer questions is part of being a creator, with only a few exceptions (writers like PAD, Bendis and CC do press and appearances but have garnered enough influence that its unlikely they'll be as pressured).

So when Neko got a poor response from that creator once, we should give him a break because he got asked the question or questions like it before. Cmon now. They're paid to sell books. Answering to the public is part of a convention... It's like 90% of the purpose of a convention.

As for not liking something before it comes out... If its an issue, stop putting out solicits months in advance with book synopsis. It's our right as consumers to pass judgement on something that's presented to us. Microsoft learned that the hard way with the Xbox One. That thing lost thousands or millions of potential sales months before it even debuted thanks to poor press, and lack luster advanced presentations. People got fired because of the botched launch.

We are not mandated to like something because of past track record. This is an editorial/executive issue. They OKed all of this as a whole. If they put out press and get push back on almost all of it, then its not the creators faults, they got the ok and direction to go in that direction. The whole line is moving in a specific direction, a loy of people don't like the ideas presented to them by Marvel. These guys are in a tough spot. They didn't come up with this status quo. They aren't decimating the mutants, responsible for killing 616 Wolverine and replacing him with OML and a female clone. The O5 were there far before any these guys. These guys aren't responsible for ignoring and/or relocating some the X-Men's most popular characters (pretty sure this might upset a few people). I don't envy their uphill battle. But first impressions are everything in any market of commerce.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:23:59 AM by DonPriceTag »