Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1104166 times)

Offline dieCG

• Guild Initiate
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2015, 04:28:49 PM »
While the medium of comics may be slowly being whittled away story telling isn't :). Disney and Marvel still have excellent opportunities to translate X-men into other mediums while still giving the core comic experience TAS, EVO, WATX and the movies heck digital distribution prove that. The x-men and what they represent is timeless I'm going to be sure I pass them on in some form to my children and ensure it goes at least another generation :). While I hope comics are around for much Longer than that I kind of believe the X-men will outlive the format and their stories will continue on well after.

Speaking of such things imagine re-living your favorite x-men tales in a VR world I am excited for the future of story telling :).

On a separate note what is the A- Force gambit appearance people are talking about?

I completely disagree with you based on something I have observed since I was 17 to 33, but I will respect your opinion. ^^

Offline thjan

• Guild Member
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2015, 07:16:05 PM »
Wow, 25 years!  I can't believe we missed that.  I remember his 20th anniversary, but this one just completely went by my notice.  Come on everyone, y'all are slipping not catching that article when it first came out  (joking ;)).  I mean I rely on this place to keep up with Gambit news, articles, and upcoming comic appearances for crying out loud!

However, Jun 19th is an odd date to choose.  Gambit's first appearance was August 15th 1990 - that was the release date of UXM #266.  

Actually August 1990 was just the cover date for the comic- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_date

The actual release date for a comic is usually two or three months(depends on the year released) earlier than the cover date.  Uncanny X-Men 266 really came out in June.

We can still celebrate -  images, and fun stuff from now to the end of the year!

Yeah!  

I like this idea ;)

But for good celebration we need a tasty cake ;D

That's a really cool cake!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:19:54 PM by thjan »

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »
I completely disagree with you based on something I have observed since I was 17 to 33, but I will respect your opinion. ^^

Thanks for being so polite I am not a wallflower so you can feel free to give me your opinion. Debate is good for the soul and broadens ones views I might learn something from it or not:)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »
Thanks Thjan for the info.  All good with the date, on places to buy the book its always listed as Aug.  I went with it.  Either way - glad we didn't totally miss it.  

Maybe we got busy this year.  I know this past summer was very busy for me with all sorts of home projects.

Anyway- like I said, we can still celebrate!

Shame on Marvel for not making it a bigger deal. And yeah, we don't usually miss much.  Not sure why it was missed.  Stuff happens.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:02:26 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2015, 08:49:21 PM »
It wasnt only us, but others who forgot, I was gonna post something on the tumblr blog about it....or maybe I did I dont remember but I remember it
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2015, 01:38:52 PM »
Not just us, Marvel didn't care either and look at 2015 in general for Gambit.  Not a very good showing for his 25th year. Killed off in several SW books - and tbh MODOK didn't need to kill Gambit and that would have been okay appearance, Xmen '92 his TV show persona is a parody of him, and Gambit the Collector. 

I don't recall Marvel actually doing anything for any character other than Wolverine or Spider-Man when it comes to highlighting their number of years in comic book existence.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »
CBR's Top 50 Marvel Characters 2015: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2015/10/25/top-marvel-characters-30-21/2/

25. Gambit – 618 points (22 first place votes)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2015, 03:07:21 PM »
same as the last time they did this  :) i like one of the comments defending him, starting with Damn right Gambit

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2015, 03:24:39 PM »
I loved this comments from appreciation thread

Askia: How in the world does the character retain popularity after being pissed on for over a decade, outside of Asmus and Liu..

Jiraiya: Pure awesomeness cannot be so easily destroyed :). There is just something special about him.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2015, 06:15:59 PM »
I loved this comments from appreciation thread

Askia: How in the world does the character retain popularity after being pissed on for over a decade, outside of Asmus and Liu..

Jiraiya: Pure awesomeness cannot be so easily destroyed :). There is just something special about him.

:)

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
How does Gambit do it?

Wit' style, petite. Wit' style.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »
Stupid question does the guild have a sigil?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2015, 08:35:13 AM »
I... Do not know. Dantay?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2015, 02:37:39 PM »
Stupid question does the guild have a sigil?

The sigil has a direwolf running on an ice white field, with the words 'Winter is Coming' underneath.

;)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »
I... Do not know. Dantay?

No they dont seem to ill check the old issues when im home see if something shows they might do, in Gambit issue 13 when back in the past the guild are meditating in an attic or something but there are banners with weird symbols which are also painted on their bodys, also the Guild have diamond symbols on their foreheads like  Sinister...interesting , also in some other issues when Gambit is shown sitting on the throne there are red banners hanging on the wall with a kinda flaming bird type thing
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 04:00:21 PM by Dantay »