Author Topic: Gambit Watch  (Read 1098487 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Watch
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
The rumor is just that ... a rumor.

The article contains spoilers.  And the Xman that has returned is Cable.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/an-x-man-returns-in-uncanny-avengers-2-but-maybe-not-how-youd-expect

Gambit may show up, we just don't know the role.  Again we'll see.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2015, 09:03:47 AM »
i loled

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2015, 01:54:28 PM »

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2015, 09:46:20 PM »
A nice little video I found on tumblr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSDhPUSfs1I
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)

Offline mythogma

• Outcast
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2015, 11:17:08 PM »
http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/post/133627427358/was-putting-cable-and-gambit-on-uncanny-avengersWas putting Cable and Gambit on Uncanny Avengers planned from the start or a reaction to the lack of X-Men on the team?

Anonymous

Planned from the outset, pretty much.

Looks to me like gambit will be joining the team.
Gambit: "Psychologist?"
Brother Voodoo: "In out brief time together, I've seen evidence of a personality type that is narcissistic, kletomaniacal, pathological, adrenaline-addicted, anti-athority, and given to reckless suicidal tendencies. No offense to you, Remy. But a super hero that moonlights as a thief? Dude...you have issues!"
(Gambit OG 2 #12)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #155 on: November 21, 2015, 08:23:47 AM »
Well, not to steal cc008's thunder but ... if that is the case, I might like this book. Gambit, Cable and Deadpool? I'm in.

That said, I'm not subbing to the book, I will buy it for Gambit and only the issues he's in, despite liking Cable and Deadpool.  ;)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2015, 08:41:54 AM »
Well, not to steal cc008's thunder but ... if that is the case, I might like this book. Gambit, Cable and Deadpool? I'm in.

That said, I'm not subbing to the book, I will buy it for Gambit and only the issues he's in, despite liking Cable and Deadpool.  ;)

I'll keep you up to date on all the happenings in the book, Neko ;)

Imagine Nicieza was writing this? Three of his babies.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:45:16 AM by cc008 »
Who Dat

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #157 on: November 21, 2015, 08:55:35 AM »
I'll keep you up to date on all the happenings in the book, Neko ;)

Imagine Nicieza was writing this? Three of his babies.

Thanks! Much appreciated.  Yeah Nicieza would be a happy camper wouldn't he? ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #158 on: November 21, 2015, 09:28:06 AM »
Cable, Deadpool and Gambit is awesome. But we need to count also Old Cap, Rogue, Inhuman girl, Torch, Voodoo, Quicksilver and maybe Spider-Man. 10 characters in 1 book. It need to be a weekly book so everyone will get some time to shine ;D

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2015, 10:21:09 AM »
There is too many characters. Which is why I'm limiting my purchase - Old Cap, Rogue, Inhuman Girl, Torch and Voodoo do nada for me in this book.  :)

Gambit will be support I would suspect. Which means very little time to shine unless the writer takes a shine to him.

Not sure how Deadpool is handled and Cable being added may get some spotlight right away.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2015, 07:05:30 PM »
Maybe Gambit will appear only in big arcs or important moments. It is better then to be a wallpaper. Issue #2 was about QS, Torch and Cable. Other characters did nothing.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #161 on: November 21, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »
It would never happen but it would be great to see Cable and Gambit talk about all that happened during MC between them and Hope even if it is as simply as Gambit asking how Hope is doing.  It always seemed odd to me that after MC, no one really brought up the role Gambit played in saving her from Bishop and ultimately giving her to Xavier.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2015, 07:22:23 AM »
It would never happen but it would be great to see Cable and Gambit talk about all that happened during MC between them and Hope even if it is as simply as Gambit asking how Hope is doing.  It always seemed odd to me that after MC, no one really brought up the role Gambit played in saving her from Bishop and ultimately giving her to Xavier.

Yeah, it would be awesome.

Also intresting to see their talk about how Gambit and Sunfire almost killed Cable :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2015, 11:32:17 AM »
Meh... I think we're reading too much into that statement. Maybe I'm jaded by recent history of how Marvel handles him but I'm not convinced he's going to be on the roster. I know Cable will be, but theres nothing saying that Gambit will remain longer than one issue... I could be wrong, but I'm just not sold on the idea from that 5 word so statement. Cable and Gambit are in the book... yes. But only Cable has been confirmed as having an ongoing roster spot.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »
pretty sure the discussion for Gambit being on the team went like this, PTB 1: hey what about Gambit, Limbo? PTB2 : no he has a movie coming out we better put him somewhere, keep the fans happy. PTB 3 : we could make him an avenger it'd piss fox off. PTB 1: oh i like that but um lets not make him an Avenger we dont want people to think we like Gambit. PTB 4: he can guest star and we will tell people he has a big roll and we planed it from the outset. PTB 3: yes but only if we delay this big role and tell people constantly big things are coming....but they are not. all of them evil troll laugh